GandK

If you are still waiting for the NVC to receive your case from CSC

14 posts in this topic

I suggest you call the USCIS National Customer Service and ask politely to be transferred to a tier 2 immigration service officer.

The tier 2 officer told us that our I-129F case left CSC yesterday. Today I logged in the USCIS status webpage and saw that we got a "touch" on our case dated 27th June corresponding to the date he said. This new "touch" is likely because our case files got "scanned" meaning finally someone handled it and we hope it was sent out.

Our NOA2 was dated 30th May, the new case status now shows the new date below

[On June 27, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

So yeah, this makes us feel a LOT better knowing that our petition is on the way to NVC.

We have tried all the possibilities, calling NVC daily, sent emails to nvcresearch, sent email to CSC, sent email to ombudsman, contacted our congressman, talked to tier 1 USCIS officer.

But it appears that the tier 2 immigration officer is your best bet to locate where exactly your petition is and give the most helpful information.good.gif

Good luck everyone, hope we all get through this soon.

Edited by GandK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I suggest you call the USCIS National Customer Service and ask politely to be transferred to a tier 2 immigration service officer.

The tier 2 officer told us that our I-129F case left CSC yesterday. Today I logged in the USCIS status webpage and saw that we got a "touch" on our case dated 27th June corresponding to the date he said. This new "touch" is likely because our case files got "scanned" meaning finally someone handled it and we hope it was sent out.

Our NOA2 was dated 30th May, the new case status now shows the new date below

So yeah, this makes us feel a LOT better knowing that our petition is on the way to NVC.

We have tried all the possibilities, calling NVC daily, sent emails to nvcresearch, sent email to CSC, sent email to ombudsman, contacted our congressman, talked to tier 1 USCIS officer.

But it appears that the tier 2 immigration officer is your best bet to locate where exactly your petition is and give the most helpful information.good.gif

Good luck everyone, hope we all get through this soon.

How easy is it to get the customer service reps to transfer you to the tier 2 officer? I have to admit I'm a bit timid when talking to people... Do they make a big deal about it? And what did you say to the officer to get them to locate your case? I'm worried it will end up pointless, since your other post mentioned conflicting information about when the case was sent out from the other tier 2 officers you talked to. Like the one that said it was sent out the 22nd, then another on the 26th, and now it's apparently been sent out the 27th? x_x

Does everyone get a "touch" when their file is sent out? That seems to be the only way to tell if the tier 2 person was accurate.

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

It wasn't that hard to get transferred to tier 2 officer. We just told the tier 1 that we wanted to put in a service request politely and they transferred us without any problem.

I am not sure if everybody get a "touch" when their case leaves the CSC building, or it was only our case.

I don't know why the first tier 2 told me our was sent last friday. Maybe it was put in a batch in the mailroom but stayed there until tuesday, who know.

But seeing a touch on the case status gives me some confidence that it has left the building. We also called the USCIS and spoke to a different tier 2 again this morning, and he confirmed that it was sent out on the 26th indeed!

Hey!!! I got my case number today so I am sure yours is right behind ours :thumbs:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Hey!!! I got my case number today so I am sure yours is right behind ours :thumbs:

Congrats!!!

Seems like the wheel is turning again. They must have replaced their dead hamsters.

Edited by GandK

HAHA that is funny... yet so true!!

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Timeline

It wasn't that hard to get transferred to tier 2 officer. We just told the tier 1 that we wanted to put in a service request politely and they transferred us without any problem.

I am not sure if everybody get a "touch" when their case leaves the CSC building, or it was only our case.

I don't know why the first tier 2 told me our was sent last friday. Maybe it was put in a batch in the mailroom but stayed there until tuesday, who know.

But seeing a touch on the case status gives me some confidence that it has left the building. We also called the USCIS and spoke to a different tier 2 again this morning, and he confirmed that it was sent out on the 26th indeed!

Hmm, I may have to try this tomorrow if I have time before work. I'd feel a lot better if I knew it was in the process of being shipped as opposed to just floating around USCIS somewhere doing nothing.

K-1 Timeline:

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

event.png

event.png

Just a little updated, our case arrived at the NVC and we got the case number today! biggrin.gif

So it takes around 2-3 days after the case leaving CSC to get to the NVC once it has left the CSC building.

Good luck everyone.

Timeline

Just a little updated, our case arrived at the NVC and we got the case number today! biggrin.gif

So it takes around 2-3 days after the case leaving CSC to get to the NVC once it has left the CSC building.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations! ^^

I didn't even need to call USCIS today! I was prepared to, but when I called the NVC I was shocked to hear "What is the beneficiary's name and date of birth?" Not only did they receive my case, but I got the case number too! =D It's a happy day for both of us!

K-1 Timeline:

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

event.png

event.png

Congratulations! ^^

I didn't even need to call USCIS today! I was prepared to, but when I called the NVC I was shocked to hear "What is the beneficiary's name and date of birth?" Not only did they receive my case, but I got the case number too! =D It's a happy day for both of us!

Haha me too! After the CIS case number they ALWAYS ask you "Have you received an approval notice? if so what date?"

Today, after that he asked for my date of birth, name and then my fiancee date of birth and name. My heart was beating so fast, I knew this day was different than the other day!

Congrats to you too!good.gif

Very odd. Two days ago I called the NVC and they said they had not received anything. Today I first called the NVC and they were closed with a message to try back in a couple hours. I called the USCIS and spoke to pier 2, which seemed confused and basically said they were not sure and to wait. He said he put a service request in or something and I would hear by mail within 15 days (which I doubt will ever happen). I called the NVC and upon pressing 1, someone immediately picks up. He said they had received it the 25th but no case number yet. I thought the guy had just made it up, so I called again and the next person stated the exact same thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I called USCIS today to see if they send my paper. I did ask to be transferred to tier 2 and rep said "If that what you wish" he took my information then transfer to tier 2 rep (easy transfer). I was upset when on a phone I heard "please wait for next available person. The approximate waiting time is 25-30 minutes". So I stuck with a phone for 30 minutes. The tier 2 rep took my information and she told me that they ship applications in batches. She gave me the batch number. At Least I know why it takes longer. She also told me it takes 3-6 weeks to send it... I guess need wait for another 3+ weeks.... I guess in a week I should get it at NVC... I am happy to see that some receive their papers at NVC..

Edited by ffp

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Also I called the NVC today in the morning right after they opened around 7.15 AM, they didn't have my case there then. The lady simply said it is not in the system and asked me to scan the NOA2 and send it to nvcresearch etc.

I called again in the evening about 12 hours later, and it was there and I got a case number already. The guy told me they received it the day before, so it must have been sitting in the mailroom for a day or two until they scanned it in their system.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Also I called the NVC today in the morning right after they opened around 7.15 AM, they didn't have my case there then. The lady simply said it is not in the system and asked me to scan the NOA2 and send it to nvcresearch etc.

I called again in the evening about 12 hours later, and it was there and I got a case number already. The guy told me they received it the day before, so it must have been sitting in the mailroom for a day or two until they scanned it in their system.

Funny thing.. they say mine has been there since the 25th but still no #... called last night.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.