trinh9394

RFE for more Evidence

28 posts in this topic

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And in this case, pictures really do speak worlds of your realationship. It sounds like you are doing the right things. Just take tons of pictures. Friends and family included with you and your spouse. Having a lot of business things together could make it exactly that, a business partnership. Pictures that show love will help!

May the power of love be with you~

Well I got hundreds of pictures spanning 5 years. Here is the thing though, as I went thru the pics i notice alot of these pictures dont have both me and my wife in them. I mean usually one of us is the one taking the picture. Like there are some pictures of family reunions where my wife is in the picture next to like 10 of my relatives/parents, but I am not in the picture (because I was the one taking the picture) Or a family dinnner, where she is in the picture with my entire family at the table, but I'm not in it. The pictures that do have us together all seem to look the same. I mean the clothes are different, and I'm fatter or skinnier due to time when picture was taken, but most have us just posing together at some location. I do have some of us mountain biking together. Anyway, should I also summit pics of her with my family but with me not in it and explain I was taking the picture?

man If I knew we were going to need these now I would have had people take pictures of both of us at every single event in last 4 years.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

SiberianInSoCal who is writing an affidavit doesn't need to attach copy of birth certificate, the only thing USCIS request is to put full name, date and place of birth, currently address and phone number that's all.If you notarize any document in your bank or any bank you don't have to pay for that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Anguilla
Timeline

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And in this case, pictures really do speak worlds of your realationship. It sounds like you are doing the right things. Just take tons of pictures. Friends and family included with you and your spouse. Having a lot of business things together could make it exactly that, a business partnership. Pictures that show love will help!

May the power of love be with you~

What about screen shots of your wedding pics you posted on each other's FACEBOOK page which shows genuine comments about them from genuine friends and well wishers?

I've submitted a couple of those as a part of my 30 picture collection. It shows the date the pic was uploaded and the dates of the friends' comments....

Edited by TammieB

2 year Cond-GC anniv.: 07-15-12

I-751 mailed: 06-23-12

I-751rec'd: 06-25-12 @ 21:30 hrs

NOA dated 06-25-12

Check cashed: 06-26-12

Filed service request for non-receipt of biometrics appt: 07-30-12

Biometrics appt. notice received: 08-09-12

Biometrics appt. scheduled: 08-24-12

Biometrics taken (walk-in) 08-23-12

Approved: 02-19-13

Card Ordered: 02-21-13

Card Mailed: 02-25-13

Card Rec'd: 02-28-13

N-400 Filing window opens: 04-16-13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 mailed: 04-16-13

N-400 received: 04-18-13

NOA Priority date(when they entered it into system) 04-18-13

Check cashed: 04-23-13

NOA Recv'd: 04-26-13

Biometrics: 05-13-13

Interview: 07-29-13 APPROVED

Oath: 09-25-13

What about screen shots of your wedding pics you posted on each other's FACEBOOK page which shows genuine comments about them from genuine friends and well wishers?

I've submitted a couple of those as a part of my 30 picture collection. It shows the date the pic was uploaded and the dates of the friends' comments....

I'm not sure wedding pics going to mean very much. I mean they are 4 years old and EVERYBODY has weddings pics. How else would you get a K-1 visa. I'm trying to dig up pics of us just doing stuff around the house. For example I have a pic of me in my boxers in the backyard grilling on a charcoal grill, with my wife in the background poking around while my dad is foiling up some fish. Or a pic of me and wife helping father pot some plants in the garden. I think pics like might show much more context that we are living together in a fruitfal bona fide marriage.

I'll keep everybody updated on what I'm doing. Thank you all VJ'ers for all the help and advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The pictures you are discussing sound like real life, they are not staged. I believe that USCIS wants to see your real mariage, well there it is. I would definitely include the picture of your wife with your family and the ones where you are together with your dad and also mountain biking. You can include a description of each picture explaining date, location, circumstance, etc.

I wish you luck!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Some more pointers (More important than pictures for sure)

1. IDs for both of you showing same address (Driver's license etc official IDs)

2. Health insurance together if you have

3. life insurance and beneficiaries information.

4. Since you don't have a lease / mortgage affidavit from your parents that you guys are living under their roof.

5. Joint Car Insurance.

=====================================================================================

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So opening term life insurance policies for both of us, and having medical power of attorneys and living wills are useless since they are in reaction to RFE? Man all this is such a headache. Its funny they tell you they want to see this and that, and if you go and do it, it's still not good enough cause its in reaction to RFE.

because that's exactly what you're doing here? if you had done these things a couple years back there'd be no problem. and about the pics...don't you guys celebrate all the big holidays so usually a bunch of family would gather and someone would be taking pics of you guys? birthdays? xmas exchanging gifts? new year kiss? 4th of july bbq etc etc how do you live with each other for 5 years and can't produce at least a handful of photos of physically being together? you can even take screen grabs from cellphone videos and print them out nowaday.

tbh this situation is similar to alot of fake relationships i see in the vn community here in southern california. but good luck to you.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

because that's exactly what you're doing here? if you had done these things a couple years back there'd be no problem. and about the pics...don't you guys celebrate all the big holidays so usually a bunch of family would gather and someone would be taking pics of you guys? birthdays? xmas exchanging gifts? new year kiss? 4th of july bbq etc etc how do you live with each other for 5 years and can't produce at least a handful of photos of physically being together? you can even take screen grabs from cellphone videos and print them out nowaday.

tbh this situation is similar to alot of fake relationships i see in the vn community here in southern california. but good luck to you.

You be pretty suprised how hard it is to have pics of both spouses in the same pic at family gathering. And sure other family members take pics, and I'm sure they probably have pics of both of us in them, but now I have to hunt them down. Like I may have a cousin from texas or wherever be at a family reunion and he took a bunch of pics, but guess what? Now I got to go hunt him down. So yeah, it aint as easy as you think. Or we're at uncle's house and everyone is elderly and sitting at the table and me and the wifie are there too. What do i do? interrupt dinner and ask a 60 year old relative to get up and take a pic of us? Screen grabs from cellphone? Like taking a pic of yourself with a cellphone? That's the fakest looking picture ever.

You shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Yeah sure, maybe i should have done these insurance things years ago, but honestly how many people get married and then go out and make last will and testaments and medical power of attorneys the next day? I doubt very many. And I'm 30 years old and my wife is 27, how many people at that age go out and buy term life insurance independently?(not under some company plan). Honestly, opening these term life insurance policies now is a big waste of money. Cause i think there is 99.9999% probability that me and my wife will survive beyond 50 years old(we got 20 year term policies) But we are doing it anyway cause USCIS thinks it real cool to have. So if you don't have anything constructive, save the lectures.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So opening term life insurance policies for both of us, and having medical power of attorneys and living wills are useless since they are in reaction to RFE? Man all this is such a headache. Its funny they tell you they want to see this and that, and if you go and do it, it's still not good enough cause its in reaction to RFE.

They are worthwhile, however you are missing the larger point. The adjudicator wants to see evidence of your life up to this point being lived together. They want to see into the past, not only your reaction to the RFE.

You may find it stressful and inconvenient, but it is now your reality.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

They are worthwhile, however you are missing the larger point. The adjudicator wants to see evidence of your life up to this point being lived together. They want to see into the past, not only your reaction to the RFE.

You may find it stressful and inconvenient, but it is now your reality.

Well, I think I've found enough photos, I also have quite a few photos from before my wife entered the states. Should I summit those too? Some are before we got married and some are after. I also have about 100 receipts from various online sites that have either my wife or me as the recipient spanning 3 years. Should I send every one of them or just a few? As for the affadavits, I've read on these forums that some people nototarize them (such as at a bank) and some folks sworn notorize (such as at a notary public) Is there a big difference? I recall for our AOS I just took affadavit to the bank, no swearing. I'd rather have them call us in for an interview. Is interview a certainty? I think once they meet us, alot of issues will get cleared up. We havn't worn our wedding bands in 2 years, but everybody that meets us concludes that we're married. I guess its a certain vibe.

Edited by trinh9394

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Here is my Cover letter with supported evidence. Kept things to a minimum, approved without an Interview 6/28/2012.

Payment in the amount of $590 via Personal Check

Letter from USCIS - the 90 day notice

Copy of I-797 NOA – Adjustment of status

Spouse (Green Card)

Marriage Certificate copy

Copy of 2010 Federal Tax returns

Copy 2010 State Tax returns

Copy Bank Checking/Savings joint account statements

Employer letter stating 401K and Life Insurance policy beneficiaries

Copy of Certificate of Group Health/Drug Insurance from Provider

Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.

Copies of Medical Bills

Two sworn affidavits by friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

• 1 month later...

quote name='trinh9394' timestamp='1340748049' post='5484990']

Hi everybody. I posted this in the Sept filers thread but figure i might get more replies here. I've been a longtime peruser of these forums. Filed ROC for my wife in sept 2011. Just got an RFE last week. It says we don't have enough to show good faith marriage, etc. When I filed the ROC, I had 2009, 2010 joint tax transcripts, a year's worth of statement from joint business account (we are both owners of a salon and work together everyday) Joint car Title, an invoice for a gold buillion investment along with a copy of the payment check (from joint account). Also we had just opened another joint personal bank account at another bank but only had 3 statements. The RFE letter said this account showed inconsistent activity. Also we had documents showing a joint safety deposit box. And we had car insurance documents showing both on the account. We also had drivers license of both spouses showing same address. We did not summit pictures or affadavits.

The thing is, we don't have any lease, mortgage, utility bills, etc because we live with my parents. I have lived with my parents for the last 10 years, and when my wife came over she has been living there to now. Is living with mom and dad and having no bills associated with owning a home or lease going to be a big problem?

Anyway, I've started gathering stuff to reply to the RFE. So far I used one of those internet law sites to draft 2 medical power of attorneys with living wills for each person (husband +wife), with each naming the spouse as the one to make decisions in case of incapacitation. As well, I've called my insurance company to open 2 term life insurance policies for each person and each policy naming the other one as benefactor. As well I've got ongoing statements from out joint business account. The other bank account we hardly ever use so i probably wont even summit them. I am also getting my parents to do an affadavit saying we live with them, as well as a neighbor saying we live at the address. Also we opened an Edward Jones account in Jan and will summit those statements. But i'm kind of freaking out over not having bills or leases or mortgages. Any suggestions?

Same here man,i filed back in sep 2011 and i received an RFE ON JUNE 2012

I SENT ABOUT 4 BANK STAT, CAR/HOME INSURANCE POLICY/ AND ALSO TWO LETTER FROM MY PARENT IN LAW AS AN AFFIDAVIT

I SENT THEM BACK IN JUNE 28 AND FINALLY I WAS APPROVED ON SEPT 05.2012..ALMOST A YEAR

Hi everybody. I posted this in the Sept filers thread but figure i might get more replies here. I've been a longtime peruser of these forums. Filed ROC for my wife in sept 2011. Just got an RFE last week. It says we don't have enough to show good faith marriage, etc. When I filed the ROC, I had 2009, 2010 joint tax transcripts, a year's worth of statement from joint business account (we are both owners of a salon and work together everyday) Joint car Title, an invoice for a gold buillion investment along with a copy of the payment check (from joint account). Also we had just opened another joint personal bank account at another bank but only had 3 statements. The RFE letter said this account showed inconsistent activity. Also we had documents showing a joint safety deposit box. And we had car insurance documents showing both on the account. We also had drivers license of both spouses showing same address. We did not summit pictures or affadavits.

The thing is, we don't have any lease, mortgage, utility bills, etc because we live with my parents. I have lived with my parents for the last 10 years, and when my wife came over she has been living there to now. Is living with mom and dad and having no bills associated with owning a home or lease going to be a big problem?

Anyway, I've started gathering stuff to reply to the RFE. So far I used one of those internet law sites to draft 2 medical power of attorneys with living wills for each person (husband +wife), with each naming the spouse as the one to make decisions in case of incapacitation. As well, I've called my insurance company to open 2 term life insurance policies for each person and each policy naming the other one as benefactor. As well I've got ongoing statements from out joint business account. The other bank account we hardly ever use so i probably wont even summit them. I am also getting my parents to do an affadavit saying we live with them, as well as a neighbor saying we live at the address. Also we opened an Edward Jones account in Jan and will summit those statements. But i'm kind of freaking out over not having bills or leases or mortgages. Any suggestions?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.