epsonderby

First post. Help!?! VWP needing to file concurrently...

11 posts in this topic

I'd like to say a big hello to all the admin and members that have contributed and made this site for people like me to use and hopefully point me in the right direction.

I'm a British guy that came over to see my girlfriend, but we decided to get married and make a new life in the UK. That was scuppered when the father of my new wife's daughter decided at the 11th hour to not sign any paperwork to allow us to take her out of the country (not criticizing him at all as that's totally his right as a father).

So after lots of soul searching, I decided to stay here so we can make a go of it. We have 4 weeks before my VWP runs out and I have to go back to the UK. We have taken legal advice and have also been to the USCIS field office - they both say that I am eligible to fill concurrently should I so choose - they say it means that I can remain in the US whilst they decide my case. The USCIS explained that I need to fill out the I-130 and I-485 and send them together as well as apply for work authorization and travel parole if I so desire. I actually found them very useful and awfully friendly.

The info guide here has been very useful, but I would love some help with some of the questions as I work through it. It would also be fabulous to speak with some people that have also filed concurrently whilst on VWP. I have read lots about J-1 people and other visa codes, but not so many on VWP.

If anybody has any words of wisdom to share or would just generally like to chat about the process, then come say hello...

11/29/12 - AOS Interview in Atlanta - 10 minutes long and approved on the spot.

ROC in 2014!

Sounds like you have everything under control :) There are other members here who have adjusted from the VWP, check out the search function. Best of luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Use the guides here on VJ (top of every page) and read in the UK regional forum. You should find lots of first hand experience there.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Truthfully, just read the guides and follow the instructions to the T, you'll be fine and can easily do this without a lawyer. The forum search feature is VERY handy, use it whenever you are in doubt, likely someone else has had the same question at some point. My husband is VWP from Ireland and we have our interview at the end of next month.

Our Journey

6/6/2007 Met online

12/05/2007 Realized I was nuts about him!

01/19/2008 Confessed...and he felt the same <3

05/01/2008 Met in person in Chicago

5/2008-5/2010 Umpteen visits between Ireland and US

6/19/2010 Got married!

04/06/2012 Finally able to send paperwork for AOS!

(Day 1)04/11/2012 Papers arrived at Chicago lockbox and signed for.

(Day 3)04/13/2012 Email confirmations!

(Day 7)04/17/2012 NOA hard copies received.

(Day 10)04/20/2012 Biometrics appt received for 05/07/2012

(Day 27)05/07/2012 Biometrics

(Day 65)06/15/2012 EAD approval email

(Day 69)06/19/2012 Interview notice!!! 07/24/2012!!

(Day 75)06/25/2012 EAD arrives.

(Day 104)07/24/2012 Interview in Atlanta....Approved!!!

Expecting a baby boy 8/9/2013!

Thank you all for the welcomes.

I'm still finding my way around the site. I think that we've nearly got all the paperwork together and we're working through the forms. Just need to see a civil surgeon about the I-693. Hoping it won't be too expensive and that I don't need too many vaccinations!

I will be popping back over the coming days to ask for clarifications and so on. There are lots of places asking for I-94 numbers that I don't have, do I use my long ESTA number, put N/A or NONE?

Hope to catch up with some of you soon...

ROC in 2014!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since your on the VWP you probably don't have an I-94 number or an alien number. I ran into the same questions with my wife (she's a Canadian citizen) and I just put None or N/A when it asked for those numbers. The forms will complain about it, but you can still enter it that way.

May 2009: Started talking on a forum online

June 2010: Met in person in Toronto Canada

April 2011: Proposed in Toronto (she accepted!)

September 2011: Last entry into the US (Michigan)

November 2011: Married in Michigan

6/26/12 Sent in I-130 and I-485 packets to Chicago Lock Box

6/27/12 Package delivered to Lock Box (FedEx tracking confirms)

7/02/12 NOA1 email and text message

7/03/12 Checks cashed for I-130 and I-485

7/06/12 Hard copy for NOA1's

7/09/12 Hard copy notice for biometrics on 7/30/12

7/30/12 Biometrics done (Detroit)

8/20/12 Hard copy for interview date on 9/18/12

9/18/12 Interview Date

10/31/12 EAD/AP card received

Thanks for the tips, guys.

I have some other questions, if people can help?

I-485

Part 1.

What is my current USCIS status?

Part 2.

I've selected b, that's right, isn't it?

Part 3.

Name as it appears on I-94, Nonimmigrant visa number and consulate where visa issued all entered as N/A, correct?

I was in Navy in UK so I've listed the name of the organisation as Military and the dates I served. On Q.15a, I ticked yes as I have served in the military and I've added an addendum on an additional sheet outlining my military service. I also have my full military records that I'll be sending with my package. Is that right?

That's it for now. Thanks!

ROC in 2014!

Current Status is VWP.

No, part 2 is A.

Yes, yes.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated and definitely helping me an awful lot!

ROC in 2014!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.