34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

God forbid that people be given a chance at the American Dream that we have all been given....

I always apreciated good sarcastic line. And this is REALLY GOOD.

I'm choking with irony.

BTW is SOOO unfair

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have to pay to cover all the costs of my application. Ok fine, but process it in timely way. I am paying all the cost of my paper work, but they process it like I am getting it done at no charge.

In the 1970s I got my first passport is less than 3 weeks. It was not a rush job. My last renewal was a full 13 weeks. Our government has slowed, is fat and not working well. My wife is from Russia and they process things much faster. They may have higher corruption level, but things do get done. Her passport processed in 4 weeks. I am not impress with any part of the process here. It is and has been slow with very unprofessional handling of issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes, as long as you meet all of the criteria - still married to the same US citizen, have been married at least 3 years when you apply even if you haven't had your green card for the full three years (you'll be within 90 days), etc.. The naturalization itself would have to wait until you actually had your green card the full three years but you can do the rest of the process during those 90 days prior to the green card anniversary date. It does tend to be the fastest part of the whole process for most immigrants.

And this works even if ROC has not been processed yet, right? So then there's no need to stress. You file for ROC, and when the time comes, you either get your 10-year GC or you file for naturalization. In that case, though, you will not be able to include a copy of your 10-year GC in the application, I guess you'd have to include the ROC NOA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And this works even if ROC has not been processed yet, right? So then there's no need to stress. You file for ROC, and when the time comes, you either get your 10-year GC or you file for naturalization. In that case, though, you will not be able to include a copy of your 10-year GC in the application, I guess you'd have to include the ROC NOA.

Yes, it works if ROC has not been processed. Filing the N-400 means that when they start to process it they will see that the ROC is still outstanding. That will force the ROC to be processed and a decision made as the Naturalization can't go forward until that happens. USCIS - and elected officials- tend to be a little more insistent that potential voters get processed in a timely way, so a lot of focus is put on processing Naturalization applications in less than 6 months. You just explain when you file you do not have your 10 year green card yet because you are still waiting for ROC to be processed. You could certainly include a copy of the NOA1 from ROC with the N-400 petition. This approach only becomes unworkable if the immigrant does not wish to file for Naturalization.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.