abbi627

What was it like to see him for the first time?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on seeing your sweetheart again in just 12 days. There is nothing like it. I keep looking around the house and expecting to see him walk through the door with that big smile on his face. It has been exactly one week since I said goodbye to him at the airport. I have come back and jumped back into life - working, preparing the petition, just getting back to normal life. And I must admit I am not adjusting well. Oh well...that is part of it I guess. Someday hopefully not too far in the future we will be living together here in the US and this will all just be a distant memory. But for right now I am feeling sad and depressed right now. Think I'll go and walk my dog. That always cheers me up.

Those of you getting ready to see your husbands and fiances - congratulations and enjoy every minute of it.

To those of you getting ready to meet for the first time in real life: cherish that moment there is nothing like it and you will never forget it

For the rest of us here waiting alone - well it sucks but some day soon we will be together with our husbands. Just have to hang it there.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

well I knew my husband for a very very long time before the whole immigration BS (dated when I was in high school overseas) but i can tell you something. after I came back for UNI, EVERY SINGLE TIME I visited him was like the first time I met him. I would often daydream or put myself to sleep at the thought of going back and visiting. It is exciting and just plain fun like you get all these butterflies every time you step on and off the plane. One time I just randomly went to Amman and surprised him haha. That was very very fun. I always wanted to do it but could never keep a secret once i booked my ticket! that time was the last time I went to visit Amman before he was approved for the visa. I called my dad after my internship one day and just told him that i want to go and I have the money. My dad was in Amman at the time, and i convinced him so he called his travel agent and booked/payed for my ticket. the agent called me and told me that I have an hour and a half to be in the airport to check in! I ran home and packed the quickest suitcase ever and rushed to the airport. Not a soul besides my father an cousin knew i was going including my mother haha! when i got to Amman my dad called him and asked him what he was up to in order to find out where he was... i drove over there and walked into his work and it was just crazy... like bliss haha. anyways from experience... every time is like the first time. Butterflies, nervousness and just about the best feeling on earth! good luck and I hope you get to visit your man and get to experience that amazing feeling!

XOXO JOJO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow 14 months ago I started this topic - where has the time gone? LOL I can remember back when I wrote that I was caught up in the planning of my first trip to see him. Now he is my husband and I am caught up in the visa process. Hopefully the time will go that quickly and soon he will be with me here. Probably won't go that fast though - during this past year 5 of those months I was in Morocco with him - those months passed so fast!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We just returned from our trip to Morocco (3rd one for me) and of course I got sick again. My stomach just not seem to agree with anything I eat or drink. I remember meeting him online, meeting him for the first time at the airport, marrying him, living in Morocco over a year then finally us flying back together to Texas after he got his visa. Nothing can ever replace all those memories because I hold them inside my head and in my heart forever. Living together has had its ups and downs but we are fighting hard to stay together no matter what. God has always been at our side and I am thankful for this. goofy.gif

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

• 9 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Just to summarize our love story, it goes like this. Girl's profile pic popped up on boy's computer screen. Boy saw this girl's smiling eyes and Cupid's arrow hit boy's heart, deep and true. Boy stays up late every night trying to catch girl online since they are 7 hours apart in time zone. Girl was not looking for a real relationship, she was too busy meeting friends and having fun being single. She was kind of clueless how much he liked her. He kept trying to get to know her, to be her friend. They fell into a friendship of shared values ,interests, sense of humor, family and fashion. Slowly they fell in love. It wasn't until close to a year that they met. Why? Because girl wanted to be sure because she knew meeting him in person that he was going to be her husband. Boy knew the instant he saw girl that SHE was going to be his wife. He never gave up chasing after her heart and did she ever give him such a chase! They been inseparable since they've met. You know that feeling,you are where you are supposed to be and with whom? Like that moment in time when everything fell into place, like all the stars lined up and everything was beautiful because you both are meant to be.

He felt so right, like he was the other half of me. My heart felt so at peace, this is when I knew he was the one for me. Being at peace didn't mean that he didn't quicken my heart beat whenever I think of him, or the way that he longs for me with his sexy brown eyes doesn't melt me each time. There was the absolute rightness and peace in our hearts that we were meant to be but we had to go through other journeys before we were ready for each other and forever. How many times have I dreamt about our first meeting? What will I feel? What if he doesn't like me?!!! What if he thinks I'm too short?(5ft tall) Not like my shape?Will we hug? Kiss? He already warmed me about no PDA there. Just a friendly cheek to cheek is permitted since I'm not from there. Otherwise no, men and women there don't show public display of affections. OMG! I'm such a hugger! How many times in my dreams have I run out of the airport tunnel and jumped into his arms and kiss him madly! And how many times do I have to remind myself that I can't do that! Oh behave yourself! Your acting like a teenager! Yep loving him makes me feel like I've never been in love before. His love makes me feel brand new like a shining copper penny! I've never flown internationally except for when I came to America as a child. There was so many exciting and new things that I saw. The people, the language, the culture that was so different from mine. I wanted to soak it all in! I was so excited when I got off the plane, got my luggage and came to the waiting area. I looked around with my excited eyes, I saw there were mostly men waiting and yes they were staring at me. And then like in the movie, everyone else faded into the background and I saw my handsome man coming towards me, walking this slow and sexy long legged walk,and yes he is tall too(being 6'1ft tall) with 5' OH SEXY shadow face...sighs...it felt like time was suspended when he reached me with a big smile on his face and did the proper cheek to cheek side kiss thing but he was sneaky..he kissed the sides of my lips while making it look like he was kissing my cheeks! Then said to me in his sexy fluent English voice, how was your flight love? Just let me remember this moment forever even when I'm an old woman how my first meeting with him was and I'd died a happy old woman. It wasn't until we got out to the car and got into the car that he turned towards me and gave me the biggest,deepest and most heart felt passionate kiss ever! If the weather wasn't like a 100 degrees I'm sure that I would have combusted from the heat of our first kiss! He is so much more than I ever expected. Seeing each other on webcam is nothing compared to seeing him in person, to hold him, touch him. Seeing those pretty brown eyes light up with love on seeing me, that's precious. We held hands the whole time during the drive...playing with each other's hands...looking at each other,disbelieving we were finally together, it felt surreal...trying to not drive off the road was hard...let's just say we got lost for a while on the highway and didn't know where the heck we were going. Honey, I have to concentrate on driving...*giggles*It doesn't matter how lost or where we are going as long as I'm with him I'm always at home. I can't wait to be with him, to do all of these normal couple things together. I'm so glad that he never gave up on chasing me, to win my heart. Me? I just didn't run too fast away from him either because after the first month I knew that my husband was coming after me! ;) God is Good! I'm forever grateful to have my love's heart to keep and God's blessing rain on me. Now, please God if you can only make this process go a little bit faster?! Thank you and Amen!

Edited by Lena&Islam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In 2010 My family and I went to Egypt to visit one of my elder sisters and her Egyptian husband .......we stayed three months .....in the first month we went to Cairo shopping my dad was trying to purchase a cane for my mom but the guy was asking too much money my sister and her husband had gone on to look at other things in the Bazaar......this guy and a few of his friends had been watching the exchange between my dad and the owner of the shop......he asked my dad if he could help ......long story but at the end we asked him to have a drink with us to thank him for his help..we met up with my sis and her husband at the cafe turns out Moody and my brother in law knew each other.....after that seemed every time we went to Cairo he would show up.....he talked a lot to my brother and my brother in law and looked at me a lot I thought he was pretty cute but a pain in the butt :)..it had not been that long since my broken 5 year engagement I was no way looking for someone especially anyone from over seas

after we returned to the USA Moody kept in contact with my brother...then we started talking in November of 2013 he asked my dad via skype if he would allow him to marry me..........after the agreement it felt like I was on a fast roller coaster that had no brakes

2014 My brother my mom and i got on a plane to Cairo ......I was tired from the long flight worried a lot about what he would think of me now it had been three years almost four since he saw me in person......after we collected our luggage we walked out of the airport at the doors this tall duffy guy grabbed me and hugged me so tight and kissed me on the head....he was so nervous he had trouble finding the way out of the parking lot and had to ask directions...he had rented a three bed room flat for us to stay in until we returned to USA .......I remember he just kept looking at me :rolleyes: I was soooo tired I know it was rude and not romantic but i kept thinking i want to sleep laying down flat when is he going to go home lol he never left he stayed on the sofa every night until we married

Because of langue and culture differences I wont say we never argue I wont say that we will never argue after he is in the USA but I will say that both of us work hard to resolve any issue that comes up and at the end of the day both of us value the love that we have found I could not ask for a better husband than Moody is :wub:

sara

Because of langue and culture differences I wont say we never argue I wont say that we will never argue after he is in the USA but I will say that both of us work hard to resolve any issue that comes up and at the end of the day both of us value the love that we have found I could not ask for a better husband than Moody is :wub:

sara

So sweet and I can relate only too well. I feel exactly the same way about my Egyptian sweetheart.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Great topic!!! I can totally relate to the not wanting to look awful after the looong travel! So but of course I had a plan lol.... I flew from Chicago to Turkey before my final flight to Cairo. So once I got to Turkey I found a restroom and whipped out my arsenal of soap brushes lotion and perfume. I washed.. scrubbed... moisturized.... brushed my teeth my hair then changed my clothes. I then went to wait for my final flight feeling fresh n clean n nervous! About 30 mins prior to landing I got out my makeup bag and put on some light makeup did another spray of perfume and was feeling rather pretty and confident.

Upon landing I went thru customs got my visa... picked up my luggage where I also found LOTS of eager "help" LOL I had to keep saying No NO NO I have help waiting! I walked a long time to get out where I would find my Ahmed. I found one last restroom I ducked in for one final once over. OK AMBER PERFECTION!!! LOL

I walked out into the waiting area and began looking around and there he was standing off to his self looking handsome... happy and nervous! My heart and stomach did flip flops in unison! We walked to each other he grabbed my cart and led me out to his car where he had flowers n candy waiting. He then began driving like a bat outta hell! I was screaming baby! baby look out... oh God oh God! He starting laughing and saying relax relax this is how we drive here! Yikes!

As we were traveling thru the city on our way home I kept looking at him just drinking in the sight and smell of him. He kept sneaking peeks at me and I thought "woohoo thank God I had my refresher in Turkey! " Once we got into his flat we kinda just stood there looking at each other. Then he showed me around and said good night to me with a handshake! YES A FREAKING HANDSHAKE!!!

So there I was alone in his flat in a strange country with a handshake! I changed into my nightgown and fell asleep before the call to prayer woke me up LOL! All the next day I was alone while he worked. When he came to me after work I was ready to cry! Here after all these months of talking planning and being excited we finally are in the same time zone and all he does is shake my hand!?!?!?

Anyways he came in the flat and we sat there talking then suddenly he asked if he could kiss me.... I of course said YES! The rest is history LOL He hasnt stopped kissing me since that kiss!

I wish you the best most memorable meeting and life together!

Oh my gosh. I smiled through this whole thing! Thanks hehe!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Islam and I had several “first meetings”: we met online August 2013 in a forum- I showed up on his list of newly registered users and he decided to send me a message; the first time we Skyped-we both made poor impressions because we were so nervous!; and finally, our first in-person meeting was back in December at Cairo International Airport.

I had never been on a plane before, but my determination to meet Islam to see once and for all if we had a future together got me to the airport and on my first plane ride. I traveled through 4 airports with 2 layovers to get there. By the time I reached Cairo, my nerves were so shot that I didn’t have any reserve energy to be nervous about meeting him LOL!

I did the typical girl thing, using the mirror in the airport bathroom to check hair/makeup and then, onto the teller window to buy my visa. Next thing I knew, I was scanning the crowds trying to figure out where he would be waiting, having no way to call him and make sure he knew where I was. Finally…there he was, all dressed up and holding a dozen red roses ♥

The next hour or two after that is a blur…I remember hugging him in the airport (Yes we hugged!) and then going to a café and then home to meet the family. We were married at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo a little over a week later.

Enjoying reading everyone’s meeting stories, thanks to the OP for a great topic. :D

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.