Kendyc13

K-1 Petition Declaration of meeting each other

4 posts in this topic

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and new to filing any petitions. I'm currently trying to file a petition to bring my fiance to the USA, we have known each other since 2005 & last time I saw him was last month. Now, this is what I wrote:

"I, _________ , met _______ in the Dominican Republic on 2005 & started a relationship on 2006.

The last time we saw each other was on my trip to the Dominican Republic on May, 2012 (flight itinerary & passport stamps attached). I stayed in the country for 7 days on which ______  stayed with me at the _____ Hotel in Santo Domingo. 

He proposed to me while I was in the country. We spent every day together, went out to restaurants & clubs (pictures attached). We have kept an ongoing relationship for 6 years & plan to keep doing so."

I was wondering if this would b enough (including the evidence) or if I should write a little more? Also, i see that they ask for form g-325a signed by him and one signed by me, do I have to send those with the I-129F or that's for the interview?

Thanks In advance for the help! :)

Waiting to file...

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and new to filing any petitions. I'm currently trying to file a petition to bring my fiance to the USA, we have known each other since 2005 & last time I saw him was last month. Now, this is what I wrote:

"I, _________ , met _______ in the Dominican Republic on 2005 & started a relationship on 2006.

The last time we saw each other was on my trip to the Dominican Republic on May, 2012 (flight itinerary & passport stamps attached). I stayed in the country for 7 days on which ______  stayed with me at the _____ Hotel in Santo Domingo. 

He proposed to me while I was in the country. We spent every day together, went out to restaurants & clubs (pictures attached). We have kept an ongoing relationship for 6 years & plan to keep doing so."

I was wondering if this would b enough (including the evidence) or if I should write a little more? Also, i see that they ask for form g-325a signed by him and one signed by me, do I have to send those with the I-129F or that's for the interview?

Thanks In advance for the help! :)

Follow the examples used in the K-1 guide. They don't want to read the entire history of the relationship, just hard proof that you've met in person within two years of filing the petition.

And yes, the G-325a and letter of intent for your fiancé must be sent with the initial petition filing. These must be original with his signature in ink (i.e. no scanned copies).

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck!

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

What Leftcoastlady said + You can trim down your original declaration, to remove the love story part.

Something like:

"I, _________ , met _______ in the Dominican Republic on 2005 & started a relationship on 2006. The last time we saw each other was on my trip to the Dominican Republic on May, 2012 when he proposed"

That is more than enough good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.