HelloMiffy

15 months validity of biometrics?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

A quick googling led me to think that the biometrics that I did about 12 months before might still be valid.

But before I call USCIS, I wanted to make sure that 15 months validity rule hasn't changed.

My preference is to do the biometrics at the interview because I live no where near any of the ASC.

Could anyone skip the biomentrics because they were still valid by the time you received the interview letter?

I just got a letter for Bio from Syracuse ASC and I'm thinking of postponing it if I could Bio at the interview.

I'll appreciate any stories of experiences related to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

- M

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A quick googling led me to think that the biometrics that I did about 12 months before might still be valid.

But before I call USCIS, I wanted to make sure that 15 months validity rule hasn't changed.

My preference is to do the biometrics at the interview because I live no where near any of the ASC.

Could anyone skip the biomentrics because they were still valid by the time you received the interview letter?

I just got a letter for Bio from Syracuse ASC and I'm thinking of postponing it if I could Bio at the interview.

Thanks in advance.

- M

I think you should contact your service center with the info at the bottom of your biometrics letter and re-schedule your appointment if you cant make it on the available date. For some people they get a pass re bio less than 15 months, while others like myself had to do it (mine was less than 8 months).

JNR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

- M

Biometrics from Removal of Conditions does not apply to Naturalization. Each step requires it own set.

As stated above by rocks, if you don't go for biometrics, you won't get the interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone. Here (below) is the discussion where I got the idea of skipping Bio...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344649-n-400-in-line-for-interview-no-biometrics-normal/

- M

There are a few cases I have read where they are not called for biometrics but I tend to think this is a mistake. Normally you do not get placed in line for an interview until you have completed your biometrics.

Timeline

You cannot skip biometrics on your own. Sometimes they can process N400 using previous biometrics, but if they want to to go and take biometrics, you MUST go. Otherwise, your N400 will be considered abandoned.

Ree, thanks again. I'll go then. Do you know if they can early Bio through InfoPass at Syracuse NY?

My biometrics for N400 was waived so I don't think its an SOP to have it done at every stage. I was not even asked about it at the interview. When I made an inquiry they told me that my FP for ROC is still valid so they will use that. But since they already sent you an appointment letter the best thing to do is to go and have your biometrics taken . You cant decide what to skip or not it might result in delays in your case.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline

My biometrics for N400 was waived so I don't think its an SOP to have it done at every stage. I was not even asked about it at the interview. When I made an inquiry they told me that my FP for ROC is still valid so they will use that. But since they already sent you an appointment letter the best thing to do is to go and have your biometrics taken . You cant decide what to skip or not it might result in delays in your case.

Thank you, pepper! Maybe, you're one of the lucky ones whose Bios have been waived. Yes, it looks like the skipping is not an option for me.

- M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.