40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's the whole point: read the thread content in place of developing ideological theories and cheering each other's personal attacks unrelated to content:

1. Does OP have proof in hand of what she was applying for and on what date? (My firm recommendation to every applicant was to never leave the premises without that info print-out)

2. Order Fair Hearing immediately (is toll-free call difficult?)

3. If PA ever entered your name into their system, assigning case# (I emphasized to make sure that happened), then you have advantage of ordering EVIDENCE PACKET.

4. If they fail to deliver E.P. by the 8th day - they must concede the hearing.

5. Armed with Judge's decision that PA must "review" decisions on your case - force PA to comply

6. End result may be more cash and food stamps than you expected, as they may go over-board to satisfy your complaints of non-complience. At the very least, you'll get lump-sum for every breathing soul going back to the date you first set foot in PA waiting area

Part of the content of this thread is your assertion that employees that work in benefits programs are awarded/rewarded for denying applicants, which AGAIN is not true.

It has nothing to do with "ideology" and far more to do with NOT steering immigrants from applying for benefits they may be entitled to based on your misreprentation of how the benefit system works.

And, FYI, individual states have a lot of leeway when it comes to satisfaction of justified appeals, so stop telling people what the outcome will be because you don't know.

To summarize: OP asked a question of serious dilemma, relevant to thousands of immigrants. I made two short posts with itemized step recommendation. A few members then turned the important for thousands of immigrants concrete steps advice into a battleground of uncertain outcomes (don't leave home, there are trucks on U.S. freeways), character assasination, impact on foreigner ideology, directives to step back to wholesale official website, requests for ban.

That's the M.O. of this "forum of immigrants for immigrants". Barring limited sincere members, not afraid to share first-hand experience and get labeled

Every single bit of information anyone needs to know about public benefits is, indeed, available online - public money, public information, that's the way it works. To say otherwise is to misinform. To say government employees are somehow rewarded for not providing services to those who qualify is a patent lie.

To add to that, clients are always allowed to ask for their case records, manual citations, explanations, etc. And as a government employee who works with public assistance benefits I can definitively say we definitely do NOT get rewarded for denying someone benefits nor is it a power trip that makes anyone happy. Quite the opposite, we are trained to look for any possible way a person can legally qualify for something and if they qualify for nothing we are to refer them out to community organizations that may be able to provide some assistance.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Practice proves directly the opposite for many clients (some of whom spoke up above). FYI, I was told directly the opposite by my caseworker - and although we had good vibes going, I had zero reason to suspect she was pulling my leg. I'd been a victim previously, and witnessed others been mistreated. So congratulations on your pleasant surroundings, but alas this Shangri-la is not universal. That being obvious, thanks for speaking out - you give us hope. Your insider tips will be appreciated on many a matter! :thumbs:

If this were not a serious topic, it would almost be funny how members (with no helpful advice) weight in, mock those who provide insight, and even CLOSE THREADS?????? Well, before it's ever closed...hopefully, immigrants get one thing straight:

NO MATTER WHAT YOU MAY BE TOLD BY WORKER, IF YOU LEAVE PUBLIC ASSISTANCE RECEPTION without THE RECORD IN THEIR SYSTEM THAT YOU'VE TRIED TO APPLY (and corresponding print-out in your hand) - YOU JUST LOST A LOT OF MONEY!!!!! And if you can afford it, then no need for you to read this topic. Thank you

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post removed for hijacking~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.