40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you're serious about using this information - then you will accept the fact that HRA, of all other agencies, does not put much up on the internet. PA is a place of last resort, an intake emergency. Same as shelters don't put up much information on internet.

Ihavequestions: either you were not focused when you posted a derogatory remark, or there is a bigger problem with your attitude. I have better uses for my time than posting low-impact info, twice. Admittedly, for readers who have no practical use for any details, this entire website is garbage. I will have zero reason to ever browse it, once my immigration is done. Alas, it hasn't started yet - so I want to know everything I don't know.

Back to what I've posted above: too many people get too varied results from their trips to PA. Posters above testified to that

If you're serious about using this information - then you will accept the fact that HRA, of all other agencies, does not put much up on the internet. PA is a place of last resort, an intake emergency. Same as shelters don't put up much information on internet.

Ihavequestions: either you were not focused when you posted a derogatory remark, or there is a bigger problem with your attitude. I have better uses for my time than posting low-impact info, twice. Admittedly, for readers who have no practical use for any details, this entire website is garbage. I will have zero reason to ever browse it, once my immigration is done. Alas, it hasn't started yet - so I want to know everything I don't know.

Back to what I've posted above: too many people get too varied results from their trips to PA. Posters above testified to that

Every single bit of information anyone needs to know about public benefits is, indeed, available online - public money, public information, that's the way it works. To say otherwise is to misinform. To say government employees are somehow rewarded for not providing services to those who qualify is a patent lie.

100% incorrect statements - very harmful to all of the initial posters in this topic. The posters in this topic prove you wrong 100%, with their actual recent results.

ONE person, the OP, is having trouble getting benefits. ONE person on an anonymous message board does not reflect the way the real world works. In the real world, people who work at human service agencies are not awarded or rewarded for failing to approve applicants.

Again, your assertion is a LIE.

Information about benefits in California is available on the internet, right here:

http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/pg54.htm#families

To say it's kept from the public like it's some big secret is another lie. Every single bit of policy about public money used for public benefits comes from federal and state legislation, all of which is freely available online.

I understand you've made a career out of manipulating the government to get benefits, thus your adversarial position, but the reality is most people don't do that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Some employees in agencies such as social benefits, drivers license offices, marriage license offices, social security offices, etc. need education on what benefits various immigrants are entitled to receive. There are a number of stories of persons being turned away for social security cards due to the untrained clerk. This doesn't mean it is the clerk's job to deny as many social security applications as possible or that they get rewarded for doing so, it just shows they require more education in that specific matter.

I agree that some may lack training. As to certain departments (PA specifically) - come up with contrary evidence from their staff meetings, and I will gladly change my opinion. Now, let me address "ihavequestions" aggressive post lower, as he is unjustifiably destructive today

Some employees in agencies such as social benefits, drivers license offices, marriage license offices, social security offices, etc. need education on what benefits various immigrants are entitled to receive. There are a number of stories of persons being turned away for social security cards due to the untrained clerk. This doesn't mean it is the clerk's job to deny as many social security applications as possible or that they get rewarded for doing so, it just shows they require more education in that specific matter.

Here is the harm your aggressiveness may cause:

1. You belittle the OP's specific request.

2. You belittle tips that are based on proven accomplishment, not theoretical interpretations.

Even Sandranj, who is by far the most important contributor on this forum, considered this dilemma important enough to suggest family move!! Instead, I suggest the unfortunate victims of such circumstances pursue detailed explained procedural path. What you choose to label "manipulation" - is usually termed "strategy" by legal profession.

A much too great number of members pursue their only purpose of posting "anti-immigrant". They think that other immigrants have negative impact on their well-being. They do everything to shut down information on this forum of immigrants for immigrants. They do it under the cover of law-abiding and high morals - and they sometimes achieve their info-destruction objective. Immigrants should be up-in-arms against such info-destruction.

P.S. re: 3y.o. autistic child. I wish I heard those tips 6 years ago, when my son was 3. He would've been given a chance to become a more productive citizen when he grows up

I agree that some may lack training. As to certain departments (PA specifically) - come up with contrary evidence from their staff meetings, and I will gladly change my opinion. Now, let me address "ihavequestions" aggressive post lower, as he is unjustifiably destructive today

Here is the harm your aggressiveness may cause:

1. You belittle the OP's specific request.

2. You belittle tips that are based on proven accomplishment, not theoretical interpretations.

Even Sandranj, who is by far the most important contributor on this forum, considered this dilemma important enough to suggest family move!! Instead, I suggest the unfortunate victims of such circumstances pursue detailed explained procedural path. What you choose to label "manipulation" - is usually termed "strategy" by legal profession.

A much too great number of members pursue their only purpose of posting "anti-immigrant". They think that other immigrants have negative impact on their well-being. They do everything to shut down information on this forum of immigrants for immigrants. They do it under the cover of law-abiding and high morals - and they sometimes achieve their info-destruction objective. Immigrants should be up-in-arms against such info-destruction.

P.S. re: 3y.o. autistic child. I wish I heard those tips 6 years ago, when my son was 3. He would've been given a chance to become a more productive citizen when he grows up

MY POINT which is and always has been that you have and continue to pass off purposefully incorrect information as truths, which is nothing like "shutting down" information. There's an internet and this isn't the only source of information about anything available to anyone.

I REPEAT, one more time, employees who work in public service agencies are not awarded/rewarded for deliberately disqualifying potential beneficiaries. So stop it.

1. Thanks for CA link, it sure has useful info.

2. Your repeated "objective treatment" claim is absurd. They're constantly bombarded from above, level-to-level-to-level about the shrinking welfare budget. For them (much more direct than for you!!) it comes down to either spend less, or lose their own employment. That doesn't mean one-to-one: for every receipient, a caseworker would lose a job. It may be 100-to-1 or no direct corelation at all. But cuts are cuts, and every manager of a supervisor of another supervisor conveys the message all the way down. The workers and the clients are feeding off the same budget - is this a hard concept to grasp? When was last time you sat down with a caseworker?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I REPEAT, one more time, employees who work in public service agencies are not awarded/rewarded for deliberately disqualifying potential beneficiaries. So stop it.

I would agree, but generally, those employees either feel personal gain by the power they have to hurt people or they are severely undertrained.. In my mind this seems to run through the entire public sector. Whether going for SS Card, drivers license, the typical personalities you encounter are all to happy to ruin your day and screw things up for you..

I am not in agreement with SingleDad, but I do get the jest of what he's saying..

It is even more interesting and sometimes fun, when you put the policy in front of these people after being specifically informed of the contrary, and see how the treat you then.. they either get angry and look for any minor thing to turn you away or some other form of poor treatment..

I sometimes feel soo discouraged when I have go to one of these public offices for what ever reason and I see people who are clearly struggling or handicapped and being treated this way by somebody who seems to enjoy it..

So, it may not be policy to be rewarded for as Singledad says, but it seems that they seek pleasure in seeing people struggle either through intent or mis-information..

your first-hand impressions are valid. and so are their budget realities. Just came out: Moody's downgrading 300 municipalities. Stockton,CA filed bankruptcy 6/28. Want to go by their on-line instructions?

This would be relevant if entitlement programs weren't FEDERALLY funded. Municipalities tend to rely more on fees-for-services and local/county taxes.

Your argument fails, again.

Look, many immigrants come from countries with governments that are less than stellar when it comes to human rights. To purposely misinform them by outright misguiding them, saying that government employees are rewarded/awarded for turning them away empty handed is hardly conducive to giving them a slight chance at a decent life here. So, again, stop it.

your first-hand impressions are valid. and so are their budget realities. Just came out: Moody's downgrading 300 municipalities. Stockton,CA filed bankruptcy 6/28. Want to go by their on-line instructions?

considering they are the distributors of the benefit, yeah following their online instructions would be a good starting point..

misinformation and assumptions in this thread..mostly proffered by singledad2usc. par for course...

misinformation and assumptions in this thread..mostly proffered by singledad2usc. par for course...

And will likely result in yet another thread lock - par for the course.

Why he hasn't been banned altogether for these shenanigans is beyond me.

I shared experience of "service". You've extrapolated theory to level of ideology. Is this servicing OP?

And your experience with applying for "services" and being denied after receiving PF is what again? Remind us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.