jaffar

Any waivers for the spouse of Permanent residents ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Being a U.S permanent resident can i file a waiver for my wife or i have to be a U.S Citizen

If anyone can help me about the waiver i m very much confused ........ are the waiver's only be granted to U.S citizens spouse or it can also be granted to the spouses of Permanent residents (I-601)? and when should i file for the waiver.

Do i have to file it along with I-130 or i have to wait until I-130 gets approved ? plz guide me what would be the right procedure...... thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Being a U.S permanent resident can i file a waiver for my wife or i have to be a U.S Citizen

If anyone can help me about the waiver i m very much confused ........ are the waiver's only be granted to U.S citizens spouse or it can also be granted to the spouses of Permanent residents (I-601)? and when should i file for the waiver.

Do i have to file it along with I-130 or i have to wait until I-130 gets approved ? plz guide me what would be the right procedure...... thanks

yes, spouses of residents also qualify for the waiver. the wait is over 2 years until she has her interview in her country of origin as she will go through consular processing, she will be denied will be granted or not the possiblitly to file the waiver and you present the hardship letter.

but that is the last thing in a long process.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

First you have to file the I-130 and wait for a visa number becomes available,some Countries you have to wait years, Brazil for example three years.Once a number becomes available she should attend an interview, but the US Consulate won't be able to issue her visa, despite her I-130 approval, and then she must submit the waiver to overcome the ban.She must attend the interview first in order to submit the waiver ok.

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Official instructions you can find at www.uscis.gov

Send your I 130 application as soon as possible with all supporting documents and payment. See the link below:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Than you will get NOA1 letter where they inform you that your application is received and what is your priority date.

Priority date is the date that you wait to be current to have the process complete.

Every month they publish CUT OFF DATES, you have to follow if your priority date is withing the cut off date published.

yOU CAN FLLOW THAT THROUGH VISA BULLETIN at

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

After NOA1 you will get NOA2 - approval or denial of your application...

Waiting period can depend on the country.

If you will soon become US citizen you can upgrade your petition and speed up the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.