tberta.brooks

Pissed off & just my luck

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, my financee is in Jamaica and we have not seen each other since the early part of January of this year . . he is having a difficult time and NEEDS to see me. I was trying to hold out (financially) til his interview letter and was hoping it would be around October. Thinking I can go down there and be with him for moral support during this process. Anyways, he wants to see me in between that time and there are some things I could do while I am visiting such as take more pictures, inquire about his shots (although he is working on them now, but I do feel like I need to put a fire under him)get passport size pic and whatever else I can do in relation to the direction of getting approved for his visa. Anyways, I check the airlines fares today and if I leave in two weeks (which I can't because of my job) the fare round trip is $342 including taxes but not including bags. I am pissed . . . why oh why . . . ?????

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hear you. Love is costly. Lots of mula :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So Just your luck means you found a low fair and cant take it for your job does not allow???

I see this fair and see it is half the tax and fees of my RT fair.... :blink:

Going back to take on the photos and more evidence will help your case and more importantly allow more time spent with your loved one :luv: !!!

If you could manage I'd say go for it now and deal with your interview trip when that comes. Who knows but GOD what is in store for us tomorrow! No less in October...if it comes in October for you.

Good Luck with what comes through for you both!!! (F)

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for your words of wisdom . . that's my thoughts as well . . I feel like bookin the flight and saying to hell with it all . . my job is the major hold up . . I mean I want to say "hey u guys, deal without me for a week". oh well . . I will pray . . .

Vickie

Thank you for your words of wisdom . . that's my thoughts as well . . I feel like bookin the flight and saying to hell with it all . . my job is the major hold up . . I mean I want to say "hey u guys, deal without me for a week". oh well . . I will pray . . .

You need to plan ahead in terms of travel. Airfares are cheapest months before the date of travel so if you plan to fly you need to watch for specials weeks before you intend to leave.

Your fiance needs to cool his horses and only 'need to see you' if it is a health or death emergency. If he's adamant on you being there outside of emergencies/when you intend on vacationing then he can pay for your ticket. You have a job you need to maintain so you can't up and leave for a week for petty reasons. Not saying you shouldn't visit before the interview but your fiance needs to understand you don't live 10 mins away where you can just pop in when he wants. Careful planning is key or you will not have any money or job to come back to.

Edited by aaydrian

Timeline

I totally understand . . . and your words are correct . . . Again, thank you for the words of wisdom . . .

Vickie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So why are you pissed again? Because you have to work or because of the flight? Its a really cheap flight, my flight to Colombia was just under $800 I would love to have a deal like that!! Anyways have patience, and your fiance needs to have that patience as well. Take it one day at a time you will be together soon!!!

Filed: Timeline

Even if the flight to Nigeria is $500 I still won't go unless it's an emergency or as preplanned.

This is a long journey and you need to have and stick to a road map.

In regards to lighting a fire. I've had to work on my Fiancé on that too. I know things are not as easy as over here but she has had to be continuously asked to follow up on documents like BC and stuff.

Mr. Man just needs to be made to understand the importance of you being gainfully employed in this process.

Timeline

yes, I totally understand . . . and he is greatful . . just want to be with him so much and this is the longest time we have spent apart and the wear is starting to show.

Vickie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Even if the flight to Nigeria is $500 I still won't go unless it's an emergency or as preplanned.

outrageous!!! flight from JFK to HKG is $900+ cheapest and $1600 most expensive time. the distance is almost the same. :huh:

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

You know what . . . when it was said that a reason was needed in order to go and planning is first and foremost. . .

I thought to myself seeing my man IS a reason. This is the man that I am going to marry and who I am jumping through these hoops for . . . to get him here (which as WE ALL KNOW is not easy especially dealing with a 3rd world country's procedures or lack thereof). So, I have and will . . .be looking for another fare (doing that now). And told my boss of this. I have not given him dates but said in the future . . . so the NEXT flight deal will be booked.

Vickie