49 posts in this topic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Transferred to Cali last year, December 2011 and still waiting :)

Although the Green card may take a very long time (6 months or more), is generally the experience that the permission to work is received much sooner? That's the only thing that's really important to us right now. Wee did the biometrics almost a montha ago. The got the letter that everything had been transferred to Cali on Friday of last week (Friday, June 8, 2012)

Edited by ghunt2121

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Yes, employment authorization (EAD) usually arrives in 2-3 months, if you filed I-765 with your AOS. It's issued by the Nat'l Benefits Center and not the CSC.

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Is there any way to check on that status of that part (theEAD from Nat'l Benefits Center)?

Yes, the same way as you check the status of your I-485 at the USCIS website. You should have separate NOAs (Notices of Action) for each of your applications: AOS(I-485), EAD(I-765) and AP (I-131 Advance Parole, allowing re-entry to the US after traveling abroad while AOS pending). Each of these applications has a unique case number which allows you to check their status at the USCIS website. Did you apply for all three? EAD and AP are optional. :time:

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok bought me some wine and a good magazine and I'm ready to wait lol heheheh. I see wow december and january, that's long.maybe I should bought two bottles. Hope you get your cards soon,to those who have been waiting a long time :)

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Hey folks, I came back online to find out if I'm a unique case or others are in the same boat... it clearly seems this boat is somewhat grand-sealiner size, let's hope we don't strike an iceberg! Better get me a door to float on..

la la la :help:

I'm somewhat relieved that it seems there's so many others in my shoes! I filed for AOS 02/11/12 and was transferred to the CSC 03/16/12 and then nothing.. nada..

I'm not too bothered how long it takes, I've got my AP and EA so I'm good as can be for now, but it will be grand when that little bit of peace comes over this process..

One question though, does anyone know WHAT the criteria is for cases being transferred? Is there something about a case that makes it be transferred to the CSC? Or is it literally just a random effect?

I feel the same as Tinchen_, overall I don't mind if there's an interview or not, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it, Helena MT is about 4 hours from here.. as least it'll save a night's hotel accomodation and long drive, but then again the people there were so nice either way is okay!

The only thing that got me concerned which led me here was the Consulate lady who took my biometrics said the average wait time is 6-8 weeks from Biometrics to Interview, clearly that's not true!

Anyway I will for sure keep my timeline updated, and I'm very relieved that I'm not alone, seems like I have some waiting to go still, which is still a million billion times easier than the wait for K-1, at least we get to wake up next to our wife/husband every morning!

Happy waiting everyone!

Gray

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Timeline

Hi gray..and welcome to the csc boat lol..

I think its random pic for which case gets to csc.but I'm not sure about that.

Wow she really said 6-8weeks lol ..mine said she doesn't know has no clue about it heheheh.

Yeah but 4hour drive plus maybe hotel nite,yeah so waiting a bit longer doesn't seem so bad... :) :)

Visa Journey:

K1:

AOS 04-19-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I found this memo on the USCIS website which kind of explains the criteria for interview waiver for i485: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/i485intwvr010505.pdf

This one relates to the interview waiver criteria for ROC: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/crintwaivr062405.pdf

Timeline

I found this memo on the USCIS website which kind of explains the criteria for interview waiver for i485: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/i485intwvr010505.pdf

This one relates to the interview waiver criteria for ROC: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/crintwaivr062405.pdf

These are very helpful links. Thank you for sharing them jayne D :) :)

Visa Journey:

K1:

AOS 04-19-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

VERY Interesting indeed, I read just the i485 memo, is it just me or does it seem that transferring to the district office means they aren't quite sure about something.. ie they can't quite tick all the boxes? It would seem that it's NOT so much a good thing for it to be transferred to a district office??

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: Timeline

FYI, I had just placed a call to the CSC a few days back as our 485 is in the black hole mentioned before. The call resulted in a special request and to call back in 15 days if we had not heard anything.

Can I ask how you managed to do this? Comparing our timelines I might have to try calling them in about a month or so to see if they might do the same for me :)

Can I ask how you managed to do this? Comparing our timelines I might have to try calling them in about a month or so to see if they might do the same for me :)

No prob. Called the number in the notice (they only have staff between 8am-8pm; though they do not indicate time zone, I assumed Pacific, since the notice came from CSC; it was about 6:30pm Central when I called). I can't recall the exact sequence of options, but the first time I let it go thru and the menu self repeats. Then I took the obvious: have a case, not new, need status, etc; after all that i actually got to an option that would get me to a person. Couple of minutes later I had someone -in SPanish- which luckily I speak; She pretty much told me what I knew, 'case transferred', etc; I said I knew that but it had been taking quite long and I wanted to know what to do in this case (I was meaning service request, but in prior interactions with USCIS I find is better to keep calm and let them come up with it themselves; they just work there). She said average time was 4-5 month, unless offices in LA which is 4; then we had some discussion about whether the time was counting from time of application or transfer. Shen ended up saying from application, but In our case it didn't matter so she then asked to speak to wife, to get her ok that I can speak on her behalf (you want to have your spouse around so he/she can give the ok); after that she started asking questions to fill out the request: address, phone numbers, e-mail, etc. At the end, said to call back in 15 days if no news. Calendar days that is. I'm preparing authorizations and letter to my COngressman, just in case, to send the day I call back; also, looking into Infopass. So far (1 week), nothing. FInding hard to believe that they would 'approve' our petition in less than a week; but I'm open to miracles.

Good luck

Edited by Gosia & Tito

No prob. Called the number in the notice (they only have staff between 8am-8pm; though they do not indicate time zone, I assumed Pacific, since the notice came from CSC; it was about 6:30pm Central when I called).

That's not the CSC though, it's just the customer service centre (unless that's what you meant by CSC) who are generally as useful as a chocolate fireplace.

Edited by BobCray

Got the same letter as everyone else did when it comes to being transferred to CSC/speedier processing time ... Well we stayed for 10 months at CSC, and then it was sent to our local office, and then a interview letter, and then AOS interview in Jan 2012 and then waited forever it seems for green card in April 2012.

So really it all depends, not all cases get a interview but I am seeing more interviews that have been sent to CSC lately on here.

Good luck...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.