Yau & Yadi

Letter from IRS?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi guys,

How do I get a letter from the IRS stating that I wasn't required to file income taxes because I didn't worked before (student)? I am going through the K-1 Visa process and I need a letter from the IRS to explain to the consulate why I wasn't legally required to file income taxes because I've never worked.

I AM currently working, but I only started like 3 months ago. In the past my mom has always put me in her income tax as a dependent.

My fiancee's interview is coming soon, would I be able to get the letter within 25 days from today? I really need it before June 22.

The letter is part of the affidavit. Since they require a copy of previous income taxes. I haven't filed any income taxes because I've never worked (I was a student). I will provide my current employer letter on how much I earn, my position, when I started, etc. Plus copy of bank statements, recent pay stubs, etc etc. But I need that letter, to show the consulate I didn't had to filed income taxs because I didn't had a source of income (never worked before).

Any help? Do I just contact the IRS? What do I tell them, like what do I ask for? Sure, a letter describing the following, but how exactly?

Thanks. I hope somebody with experience could answer my question.

You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

just write to the IRS what exactly you are need..they understand..just inform them that its for affidavit of support for your fiance's petition to get to the United states which is needed to process the K-1 visa. have your mom in the affidavit of support as well, most esp. if you are living under her roof. its good you have the letter from your recent employer..

in the end what matters most is your mom's name on the affidavit of support. they will need proof of that soon, make sure she has Income taxes papers copies ready soon.

Best of Luck :)

Hi guys,

How do I get a letter from the IRS stating that I wasn't required to file income taxes because I didn't worked before (student)? I am going through the K-1 Visa process and I need a letter from the IRS to explain to the consulate why I wasn't legally required to file income taxes because I've never worked.

I AM currently working, but I only started like 3 months ago. In the past my mom has always put me in her income tax as a dependent.

My fiancee's interview is coming soon, would I be able to get the letter within 25 days from today? I really need it before June 22.

The letter is part of the affidavit. Since they require a copy of previous income taxes. I haven't filed any income taxes because I've never worked (I was a student). I will provide my current employer letter on how much I earn, my position, when I started, etc. Plus copy of bank statements, recent pay stubs, etc etc. But I need that letter, to show the consulate I didn't had to filed income taxs because I didn't had a source of income (never worked before).

Any help? Do I just contact the IRS? What do I tell them, like what do I ask for? Sure, a letter describing the following, but how exactly?

make sure, the affidavit of support meets the income restrictions as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys,

Why don't you visit your closest IRS office?

"In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." - Proverbs 3:6

Marriage 12-29-2011

I-130 Sent : 03-13-2013

I-130 NOA1 : 03-19-2013

I-130 RFE : N/A

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 06-03-2013

NVC Received : 06-07-2013

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Pay I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Receive I-864 Package : 08-07-2013

Return Completed DS-3032:08-08-2013

Return Completed I-864 : 08-22-2013

Receive IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Pay IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Receive Instruction Package 08-22-2013

Case Completed at NVC : 10-18-2013

Expedite Request: 11-12-2013

Expedite Approval: 11-18-2013

NVC Left: 11-19-2013

Consulate Received: 11-22-2013

Packet 4 Received: 11-26-2013 (By phone)

Interview Date: 12-01-2013

Interview Result :Approveeeed!!!

Timeline

I suggest you call the IRS or go to an accountant and they are registered to do letters, if you want I can recomend you someone.... He is Miami and he is certified by all of the boards in Florida. Maybe he can help you....

His name is

Ws Business Center Corp

.1325 SW 87th Ave, Miami, FL 33174 » Map

(305) 267-2775

Call them and explain your situation

I hope this can help you out

I don't think they would require it to come from the IRS. For the AOS papers we submitted to NVC, my husband simply wrote a letter of explanation and quoted the income threshold required to file as per the IRS guidelines found on their website. Our AOS was accepted without any problems.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Timeline

This information is the correct one:

I don't think they would require it to come from the IRS. For the AOS papers we submitted to NVC, my husband simply wrote a letter of explanation and quoted the income threshold required to file as per the IRS guidelines found on their website. Our AOS was accepted without any problems.

The advice to visit the IRS is misguided. If you didn't file, the IRS will not have anything to give you. A letter stating that you were not required to file, with details, is what they are looking for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think the IRS would give you such a letter. As far as they know, you didn't file taxes, and that's all. The fact that you have no tax records and just started working might be hard for your interview. You might consider a co-sponsor. I would worry that with only being able to show very recent income, you might have a hard time, unless you have a big amount of savings, etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Check from #6 to 7

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

A letter from IRS of not filling and an personal explanation as why you didn't may work.

You can also call the NVC.

Sometimes on the phone everybody has a different info (talking for experience) that is why i suggested you to go in person not intending to misguide anyone here. :)

"In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." - Proverbs 3:6

Marriage 12-29-2011

I-130 Sent : 03-13-2013

I-130 NOA1 : 03-19-2013

I-130 RFE : N/A

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 06-03-2013

NVC Received : 06-07-2013

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Pay I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Receive I-864 Package : 08-07-2013

Return Completed DS-3032:08-08-2013

Return Completed I-864 : 08-22-2013

Receive IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Pay IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Receive Instruction Package 08-22-2013

Case Completed at NVC : 10-18-2013

Expedite Request: 11-12-2013

Expedite Approval: 11-18-2013

NVC Left: 11-19-2013

Consulate Received: 11-22-2013

Packet 4 Received: 11-26-2013 (By phone)

Interview Date: 12-01-2013

Interview Result :Approveeeed!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

or just go to the interview and explain your self. they said those officers they are pretty nice people.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

or just go to the interview and explain your self. they said those officers they are pretty nice people.

Welcome to the forum.

Who is "they" that you are referring to??? :wacko:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys,

You do not need anything from the IRS. Write out a statement yourself explaining that you were not legally required to file taxes because you were a student, not working and had zero income. That is all you need.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.