Its Ok

Temporary address change while NOA2 is pending

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going to have to move from Washington State to California for a few months to work.

Our NOA2 is pending , but most likely be approved during the time Im in California.

We are not changing service centers, because we did file with the California Service Center.

Im assuming what I need to do is change my address online with USCIS and call to confirm.

But Im not sure if the temporary address change will be a problem.

Has anyone here had a similiar situation ?

Edited by Its Ok

Is it possible to just do a temporary change of address, or have someone collect your mail? It makes me nervous as my best friend also went through the process and the mail carrier would not forward the mail from USCIS. He told them it wasn't allowed to be forwarded and it was sent back to USCIS. Maybe someone will chime in on change of address time frame at USCIS level. I'm visiting my fiance for the summer and I too wasn't sure how to handle my mail so I put a hold on my mail until I return. All my bills are paid online.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am going to have to move from Washington State to California for a few months to work.

Our NOA2 is pending , but most likely be approved during the time Im in California.

We are not changing service centers, because we did file with the California Service Center.

Im assuming what I need to do is change my address online with USCIS and call to confirm.

But Im not sure if the temporary address change will be a problem.

Has anyone here had a similiar situation ?

Temporary means you are going back to the same previous address? Because of my husband's work we moved too during the process but we kept the original address (my in laws') so we did not have to report any change. So I suggest, if you are coming back to the previous address or have someone who can pick your mail up there, do not change it specially when the other one is gonna be temporary...

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes Im moving back to the previous address. That is our house, we are not going to sell our house.

Just moving for a few months to work in California, when the job there is done, Im coming back home.

My job sometimes requires me to work in different locations other than home, and now is one of those times.

Edited by Its Ok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes Im moving back to the previous address. That is our house, we are not going to sell our house.

Just moving for a few months to work in California, when the job there is done, Im coming back home.

My job sometimes requires me to work in different locations other than home, and now is one of those times.

Are you going to leave someone in charge of you mail at home? Are you going to have it forwarded to CA?

If I were you, and I had someone reliable that could make sure I got all my mail, I wouldn't change the address. Just make sure someone responsible can get to it and send it to you urgently if anything from USCIS comes in.

Seeing that the processing times for EVERYTHING seems to take months....I can already picture USCIS making that change effective by the time you'll go back home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.