rsgk

For people sending Tax returns not transcripts

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do the 1040 tax returns copies sent to NVC need to show signatures or without signatures is ok?

Please reply with personal experience. I don't have tax transcripts for 2011 and will not have them by the time I need to send AOS so please don't advice on tax transcripts

p.s. The accountant send the 1040 returns with mine and spouse signature to IRS and gave us a copy of the tax return without our signatures.

Please advice if the tax return to NVC require the signatures or without signatures is ok?

thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I printed off a copy, signed & photocopied. If your accountant e-filed for you then you should have proof of that somewhere...something saying "the irs has accepted your return blah, blah, blah". He would have e-signed using a pin# & agi from last year, not an actual ink signature.

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Timeline

I printed off a copy, signed & photocopied. If your accountant e-filed for you then you should have proof of that somewhere...something saying "the irs has accepted your return blah, blah, blah". He would have e-signed using a pin# & agi from last year, not an actual ink signature.

it was not e-file. It was paper filed along with ITIN application. That is why I don't have the transcripts yet. IRS is still processing my paper return. originals with signatures went to IRS.

The tax accountant's name and pin# appears on the paper return. I can sign it also but spouse can't sign it. I have the send the return overseas again to get her signature.

So my question again, for people who submit tax return not transcripts to NVC always have signatures on the tax return for both husband and wife or no signatures are ok?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

it was not e-file. It was paper filed along with ITIN application. That is why I don't have the transcripts yet. IRS is still processing my paper return. originals with signatures went to IRS.

The tax accountant's name and pin# appears on the paper return. I can sign it also but spouse can't sign it. I have the send the return overseas again to get her signature.

So my question again, for people who submit tax return not transcripts to NVC always have signatures on the tax return for both husband and wife or no signatures are ok?

No need to sign the copies of tax returns submitted with the affidavit of support.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I've sent them with signature. had no poblems with it.

09/2011: Trying to get my wife's birth certificate (took 4 months, thx to USPS)

14/02/12: Marriage

21/02/12: I-130 package sent.

24/02/12: I-130 package arrived @ Chicago lockbox

29/02/12: NOA 1 by E-mail

29/02/12: Contacted US accountant for IRS filing.

07/03/12: NOA 2 by E-mail - Your I-130 was approved in 7 days from your NOA1 date

12/03/12: File arrived at NVC

29/03/12: Confirmation of e-mailed DS-3032

30/03/12: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill by e-mail

04/04/12: I-864 & DS-230 fee bill paid.

05/04/12: NVC payment portal shows 'paid' status.

13/04/12: Sent out DS-230 & I-864 Package

16/04/12: DS-230 & I864 package received by NVC

21/04/12: Received Checklist for proof of of residency & foreign tax

25/04/12: Sent out reply on checklist

01/05/12: Telephone confirmation of a closed case!

11/05/12: Case complete e-mail and interview date

23/05/12: Medical

05/06/12: Interview!

event.png

Timeline

I've sent them with signature. had no poblems with it.

thanks. I know with signatures is ok. but my question is sending tax return to NVC without signatures? Only way i can signatures of spouse is to send the tax return to India again. didn't keep a copy of return that went to IRS which had my and wifes signatures.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks. I know with signatures is ok. but my question is sending tax return to NVC without signatures? Only way i can signatures of spouse is to send the tax return to India again. didn't keep a copy of return that went to IRS which had my and wifes signatures.

For this, you can count my advice and multiply it by any number you please. The signature is NOT needed for this purpose. You signed the affidavit of support under penalty of perjury.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

For this, you can count my advice and multiply it by any number you please. The signature is NOT needed for this purpose. You signed the affidavit of support under penalty of perjury.

Agreed. My wife sent copies of the 1040 + W2 without any signature. It has been accepted, reviewed and approved.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.