78 posts in this topic

Oh yey! :D Would a Saturday be better than Sunday? Do you guys want to do anything else than have dinner/lunch? Lily had some ideas at the beginning of the thread.

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okies so after March 25th-26th then? Weekend sounds OK to me but sometime during the week would be good too. The only problem is my hubby works nights and can't stay very late. How would a weekday work for you? Do you guys have a favorite restaurant/restaurants? There's a lot to choose from... Olive Garden is one of my personal favs :)

Hi...finally found this forum and the thread...thanks for the heads-up!

My husband and I would love to come to any sort of get-together that might happen...and would be willing to come up to SLC from Provo for it (since that sounds like the logical halfway point for those of us in outlying areas). Weekdays are out for us...anytime on a Saturday or any weeknight should be OK, barring other commitments. And we're not very picky about restaurants...and both like Olive Garden just fine.

Of course, this is all assuming they don't deport him back to Turkey after our interview tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeek!!! (OK, sorry...don't mind me...I'm just slightly stressing out, which I suppose is normal :unsure: )

Will post about our experience in the green card forum...as soon as I recover from the experience :blink:

Lifting of Conditions Timeline.......

20 Mar 06 Received 2-year green card in the mail!!!

22 Feb 08 Mailed I-751 (Lifting of Conditions) to Nebraska Center address

25 Feb 08 Issued I-797 NOA for receipt of above

11 Mar 08 Issued I-797 NOA for Biometrics

28 Mar 08 Had new biometrics/fingerprints done at SLC application support center

21 Jul 08 Issued Notice that petition was approved and sent card--but we never received the notice or card

02 Jan 09 Checked online status for petition and learned about 7/21/08 approval...immediately called customer service, who sent a report about it to the CA service center (where it had been transferred to from NE)

03 Jan 09 Received email from CA service center saying card sent 7/21/08 was returned by the P.O. and they would resend the card immediately

13 Jan 09 Finally...10-year card successfully arrived in the mail!!!

Well looks like we already decided on a weekend anyway ;) April 14th or 15th to be more exact. And yey more ppl :thumbs: Good luck to your interview dasha! :star:

Edited by SanDan

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

February 1 - Biometrics

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Me and Gemma (HuffyTheSlayer) were thinking bowling might be something we could also do...as an additional thing for those of us who would like to do something after/before dinner. Any one else up for bowling?

February 1 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Niether of us Bowl. I actually tried once and hated it. :lol::whistle:

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Hmmm guess we are going to have to think of something else then. I'm not a good bowler either but I do like it.

February 1 - Biometrics

Well, now that he's got his green card, my husband has decided this would be a good time for him to go back to Turkey for a visit with family/friends and to try to finally sell his business there (so we can get that much-needed money in our hands). He'll be gone the entire month of April.

We need to decide if I'll be going out to meet up with him at all while he's there...not sure if we can afford it right now. Also, I've been out of a job for months and am in constant job-hunt mode, so interviewing etc. for that might also keep me here (as would an actual job, if one ever materializes!).

If I'm around when you all meet (still planning on April 14 or 15?), I could come alone (though it wouldn't be the same without my husband here to meet with everyone).

Will try to keep up with whatever definitive plans are set and announced, and will come if possible. Will this be the only get-together, or might there be others as well???

Lifting of Conditions Timeline.......

20 Mar 06 Received 2-year green card in the mail!!!

22 Feb 08 Mailed I-751 (Lifting of Conditions) to Nebraska Center address

25 Feb 08 Issued I-797 NOA for receipt of above

11 Mar 08 Issued I-797 NOA for Biometrics

28 Mar 08 Had new biometrics/fingerprints done at SLC application support center

21 Jul 08 Issued Notice that petition was approved and sent card--but we never received the notice or card

02 Jan 09 Checked online status for petition and learned about 7/21/08 approval...immediately called customer service, who sent a report about it to the CA service center (where it had been transferred to from NE)

03 Jan 09 Received email from CA service center saying card sent 7/21/08 was returned by the P.O. and they would resend the card immediately

13 Jan 09 Finally...10-year card successfully arrived in the mail!!!

Well I hope you'll come anyway. That is if you'll be in Utah. It'd be great if there were more meetups in the future :) So hopefully we'll all get along :P I'm going to suggest we get together on April 15th (Sunday) at 1 p.m. (I figured an earlier time might be good cuz some people have to work on Monday and there would still be time for extra activities for those who'd like to do more together). How does that sound? There are at least 3 Olive Gardens that have good locations: 1. 77 W 200 S, 2. 2272 S 1300 E and 3. 6305 S State Street. Which one would work the best for every one?

February 1 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you guys do know that Sunday Apr. 16th is Easter right?

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

OK i know i'm reeeeeeeaaaaaallly late in getting in on this thread, :blush: but we're definitely also interested in a Utah get-together. April 16 is, however, the last day of the ski season so we'll almost definitely be both working up in Park City... but we'll be around for the summer so if we maybe don't catch this one we'll make it to the next event. Anyone else interested in catching some outdoor live music over the summer?

Rose

Mike (Connecticut, USA) and Rosemary (Blue Mountains, Australia)

NATURALISATION UPDATE:

Nov 5 2008 - sent in N400 to CSC

Nov 13 2008 - check cashed

Nov 19 2008 - received NOA dated Nov 13, says application transferred to Nat'l Benefits Center

Dec 4 2008 - Biometrics done

Feb 9 2009 - Received letter saying interview on Mar 18 2009.

Mar 18 2009 - Interview - in and out in 8 minutes!

Mar 23 2009 - Received oath letter for ceremony April 10. Doh!! I'll be travelling. Sent letter requesting later ceremony date.

May 29 2009 - OATH CEREMONY, Reno. I am now a US citizen!

I-751 UPDATE:

May 2007 - Moved to Reno NV, and so we file at CSC instead of NSC - yay!!!

July 23, 2007 - I-751 mailed

July 25, 2007, 10.47am - envelope delivered to CSC

August 2, 2007 - Check cashed

August 6, 2007 - NOA 1 received

Sept 10, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

Sept 21, 2007 - Received 10yGC approval letter dated 9/18 - wow, speedy, and no interview!

Sept 29, 2007 - 10yr GC arrives

OUR HISTORY:

Oct 1 2005 - AUSTRALIAN WEDDING!!

Oct 4 - DCF Sydney Interview, Visa in Hand!

Oct 18 - WE FLY BACK TO UTAH TOGETHER!!!!!! POE LAX

Nov 1 2005 - Received Green Card by Mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.