78 posts in this topic

Any Utahns (or ppl from nearby states) who'd like to have a little gettogether? I know at least Lily and Gemma are interested but are there others? If anyone has ideas about when and where to meet please post them here :)

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what? I live in Utah!

but my fiance isn't here yet: we've only just begun the process.

what service center was your paperwork sent to? California? how long did it take it to process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Watched an interesting tv show last night on TV. Did not realize there were so man polygamists in Utah, fascinating show.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Watched an interesting tv show last night on TV. Did not realize there were so man polygamists in Utah, fascinating show.

Sighs ! Why oh why does ANYTHING that pertains to Utah automaticly someone has to put a Poligymist spin on it??? WHY !!!!!!!? :wacko:

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol::lol:

Sighs ! Why oh why does ANYTHING that pertains to Utah automaticly someone has to put a Poligymist spin on it??? WHY !!!!!!!? :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...and I married an Arab...can you imagine what people are thinking a Mormon and a Muslim? Polygamy...only if my husband wants vital body parts missing! <hehe>

FYI....There are polygamists in Texas, did ya know that?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...and I married an Arab...can you imagine what people are thinking a Mormon and a Muslim? Polygamy...only if my husband wants vital body parts missing! <hehe>

FYI....There are polygamists in Texas, did ya know that?

Yep, knew that.. and in Colorado, and In British Columbia , and in Oregon but everybody always has to make a big deal about it in Utah, like thats all there is here !

Why can't people think of Utah as the place where they held the Olympics, or where theirs awesome Skiing?

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Know what? I live in Utah!

but my fiance isn't here yet: we've only just begun the process.

what service center was your paperwork sent to? California? how long did it take it to process?

That'd be the Nebraska service center. You can check my and Lily's timelines to see how long it took for us. I thought they were pretty fast :thumbs: Would you be interested in joining us for a gettogether luvaLimey?

ANYWAY back to topic :ot2::P Anyone have any ideas about when and where to meet?

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

February 1 - Biometrics

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Timeline

hey Sanna,

my hubby & I just looked over his work schedule for march and if your hoping to get together on a weekend, the best time for us would be the weekend of march 25 - 26th.

He has a few days off the week of march 13th-18th, but my daughter is supposed to be flying in around then and I'm not sure what days she will be here. I should know more tomorrow.

The next weekend time available for us wouldn't be until April 14 -16th.

We can come down to SLC as we figure were the only ones up north .

Maybe we could go to some sort of resturant for lunch or dinner and then go somewhere like the aquarium,or the Zoo or miniture golf? I dunno all thats down in SLC .

Lily

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Timeline

I was not saying that everyone in utah is a polygamist, and yes they are everywhere.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Okies so after March 25th-26th then? Weekend sounds OK to me but sometime during the week would be good too. The only problem is my hubby works nights and can't stay very late. How would a weekday work for you? Do you guys have a favorite restaurant/restaurants? There's a lot to choose from... Olive Garden is one of my personal favs :)

February 1 - Biometrics

Timeline

Not that I'm joining your group, but the Olive Garden rocks!! yummy bread and salads!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.