356 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao tutti!

I am new to the forum. I am a usc living with my husband in Venice, Italy. I have established residence here in Italy but have maintained my job in the United States. Couple of questions for you wise ones out there...

Since I do go back to work once every couple of months, does anyone know if this will affect whether or not we will be able to dcf? I am planning on calling Rome on Monday but do they even still offer dcf in Italy?

Also, I am wondering how others went about getting a check, etc from a bank affilated with the US. Not sure where to start to look for that.

And final question...on the I-130 petition, where it asks for an address in the United States is it ok to put something like--will establish in Florida? I have my address for tax purposes, etc as my parent's address in Indiana. However, my work and hopefully our future residence will be in Florida. (I usually stay with friends or hotels when I am there.)

Any other information you have that you can give a newbie will be appreciated!

Thanks! biggrin.gif

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ciao tutti!

I am new to the forum. I am a usc living with my husband in Venice, Italy. I have established residence here in Italy but have maintained my job in the United States. Couple of questions for you wise ones out there...

Since I do go back to work once every couple of months, does anyone know if this will affect whether or not we will be able to dcf? I am planning on calling Rome on Monday but do they even still offer dcf in Italy?

Also, I am wondering how others went about getting a check, etc from a bank affilated with the US. Not sure where to start to look for that.

And final question...on the I-130 petition, where it asks for an address in the United States is it ok to put something like--will establish in Florida? I have my address for tax purposes, etc as my parent's address in Indiana. However, my work and hopefully our future residence will be in Florida. (I usually stay with friends or hotels when I am there.)

Any other information you have that you can give a newbie will be appreciated!

Thanks! biggrin.gif

If you have official residence in Italy ( a permesso di soggiorno and an italian address of residenza), you can do DCF. It's irrelevant how often you go back to the US, and it's helpful that you work there because you'll clearly be able to show US domicile and income when you get to the interview stage.

For the check, I got a cashier's check from my US bank when I went back for a visit. If you're going there anyway for work, you can just pick up a cashier's check from the bank on your next trip.

I think you have to fill in an address on the I-130 where it asks where your husband intends to live. But you can change it later. He's not obligated to move to that address. I would probably use your parents' address because it will be consistent with all your other documents. But you can ask the folks at the USCIS in Rome what they recommend.

Good luck.

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao to the italian community!! :D

I am italian too and came in the US 4 years ago.. then met the love of my life and now ready to file AOS.

I just wanted to say hi to all the italians out there that made it in the US!! :)

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

• 7 months later...

Hey all, just stopped by to say Hello and everythings a.o.k. here in the US of A :thumbs:

for us, hope you are all doing well! Let me hear from you!

Hugs,

Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is quite off topic, but I figured I would give it a shot.

I was wondering if any of you might know someone (possibly someone hiring!!) in the construction industry in the New York City area?

My husband has had two jobs in NY since his arrival last year, but with the tough economic times - especially in the construction industry, the work has not been completely steady. He is Albanian, but lived in Firenze for three years (god we miss it!). He got the bulk of his construction experience (over 3 years total) there. He speaks fluent Italian, and both of his bosses in NY were Italian. He has his EAD, so no worries there.

I know this is probably a long shot, but he is really hard pressed to find something.

Thanks, and again I am sorry for soliciting.

Grazie mille!!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Ciao to the italian community!! :D

I am italian too and came in the US 4 years ago.. then met the love of my life and now ready to file AOS.

I just wanted to say hi to all the italians out there that made it in the US!! :)

Congrats on your Greencard!!!!!!!!! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, Everyone!

I am a USC and am trying to bring my husband here to live. We lived in Italy for a while, but when we found out that we were expecting, my family wanted me to come home pretty much immediately.

So, I came back to the USA and we filed an i130 petition for my husband to come join me with a CR1 visa. We are getting ready to start the NVC process, and I just had a quick question.

Is the Naples consulate an Appointment or Standard Processing Post? I tried asking in other threads, but no one could really help and then someone suggested that I try asking on this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox: February 19, 2009

NOA1: February 26, 2009

NOA2: March 17, 2009 (19 days after NOA1)

Received NOA2 in mail: March 21, 2009

NVC:

Entered into System: April 3, 2009 (17 days after NOA2)

Case Number Obtained (from AVR): April 4, 2009

Gave E-mail Addresses to Representative: April 6, 2009

Applied for Expedite via E-mail (Auto Response Received): April 8, 2009

DS3032 and AOS (I-864) Fee Bill Generated (Received via E-mail): April 8, 2009

Invoice ID # Assigned/Paid AOS Bill (Online Status: IN PROCESS): April 8, 2009

AOS (I-864) Fee Shows "PAID"/Cover Sheet Available: April 9, 2009

Mailed DS3032 Via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 9, 2009

AVR indicates that DS3032 was received: April 10, 2009 (allow 4-6 weeks to process)

AVR indicates that DS3032 was accepted: April 14, 2009

Received IV Fee Agent Letter (via E-mail)/IV (DS-230) Fee Bill Generated: April 14, 2009

Paid IV (DS-230) Bill (Online Status: IN PROCESS): April 14, 2009

Mailed AOS (I-864) Package via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 14, 2009

IV (DS-230) Fee Shows "PAID"/Cover Sheet Available: April 15, 2009

Mailed IV (DS-230) Package via FedEx Priority Overnight: April 15, 2009

RFE Issued (Confirmed by Representative) for Police Certificate: April, 24, 2009

RFE Checklist/E-mail Generated: April 28, 2009

RFE package returned to NVC via FedEx Priority Overnight: May 4, 2009

RFE package review begins (per AVR): May 7, 2009

Case Complete: May 22, 2009

Italian Consulate (Naples):

Medical Appointment: July 7, 2009

Interview: July 8, 2009 VISA APPROVED AND IN HAND

POE Detroit: July 29, 2009 at 9:05pm

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi, Everyone!

I am a USC and am trying to bring my husband here to live. We lived in Italy for a while, but when we found out that we were expecting, my family wanted me to come home pretty much immediately.

So, I came back to the USA and we filed an i130 petition for my husband to come join me with a CR1 visa. We are getting ready to start the NVC process, and I just had a quick question.

Is the Naples consulate an Appointment or Standard Processing Post? I tried asking in other threads, but no one could really help and then someone suggested that I try asking on this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ciao a tutti/te, just wanted to wish everyone good luck, i'm italian/ american USC and my fiance is Italian living in Italy, we just started the paperwork.........hopefully it will go smoothly..... ciao

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

Hi all,

i would like to know how long did it take to get the passport back after having the CR1/IR1 interview in Naples....I am from Malta but my consulate is Naples, Italy and so I need my passport to get back to my country and need to check how many days i have to book at the hotel for my stay. Any help given will be greatly appreciated.

Grazzie mille e buona giornata a tutti!!

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

• 10 months later...

Hi all, I'm here visiting family in Naples, just wanted to send hello's!

Breezy

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.