356 posts in this topic

DCF Italy Breezy's Checklist for Husband's Interview:

Just wanted to put this in here for any future filers! Hope its helpful!

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65707

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

swa- was just wondering how things went? Sure hope all is well, let us know!

3sila- did you find what you needed after churipu's detailed post?

churipu- HI!

TimsDaisy- what about you, what did you find out?

UPDATES PEOPLE, I NEED UPDATES! Need SOMEthing to keep me busy! My husbands DCF interview is coming up on the 8th of May! I'm getting nervous!! :blush:

Breezy :innocent:

hello breezy and churipu :luv:

thank you guys for all the help (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
swa- was just wondering how things went? Sure hope all is well, let us know!

3sila- did you find what you needed after churipu's detailed post?

churipu- HI!

TimsDaisy- what about you, what did you find out?

UPDATES PEOPLE, I NEED UPDATES! Need SOMEthing to keep me busy! My husbands DCF interview is coming up on the 8th of May! I'm getting nervous!! :blush:

Breezy :innocent:

hello breezy and churipu :luv:

thank you guys for all the help (F)

Hello to you too and you're very welcome :)

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

how much is the cost for the doctor visit ?

how much are the fee for the visa cr1 to pay during the days in naples?

they ask all in cash rigth???

thank u

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

how much is the cost for the doctor visit ?

how much are the fee for the visa cr1 to pay during the days in naples?

they ask all in cash rigth???

thank u

Hi kappa! And how are you?

This info is more specific in packet 3 which will arrive about 1 month before the interview.

The cost of the Medical Exam is 180 Euros. Extra vaccines are anywhere from 7 to 10 to 21 Euros extra each. My husband took 2 extra, tetanus and one for Morbilla if I remember right. And the total was 235 Euros.

The Visa fee on the day of the interview was 380 United States Dollars Cash. I believe it was also possible to pay at the Consulate in Euros also.

Yes, all cash.

Soon I'll leave a more detailed post on our DCF Italy Experience, I'll be sure to let you know when I've completed it.

Hope everyone is well! Things sure are great here now that we have his visa!

Breezy

:dance::dance: aw thanks! :dance:

I thought everybody forgot about me! Things went well, :dance: I was all worried for nothing. :dance:

Thanks for noticing 3sila, :dance: and how are things with you? Well I hope.

:dance: breezy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

thank u very much breezy and of course CONGRATULATION

about the fee

they were for wich visa?

i am doing cr1

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

thank u very much breezy and of course CONGRATULATION

about the fee

they were for wich visa?

i am doing cr1

kappa,

thanks for the Congrats.

As far as I know the fee is 380$ for both types of visas.

When I recieved the information on fees, that was not specified, it mentioned nothing about if you were married for more that 2 years pay this and if you were married for less than two years pay this.

Only immediate relative/spouse visa was specified and is 380$.

Have you got your packet three yet?

MOLLYRENA wanted to thank you too for your post awhile back in the DCF section! Thanks!

breezy,

I am so glad everything went well for you (F):luv:

well for us, the case as you know was completed and sent to the naple consulate 17 of april ..

I have received a letter saying the same and stating that I need to wait for their contact.

it has been almost a month now .of course I am worried because I heard so many horror stories about the mail in italy

I am afraid my husband may never get his packet 4 ..right now i am thinking about emailing or calling the consulate

what do you think breezy any advice :unsure:

:luv:

3sila

We got the Med info and form I-864 one month before the interview date. (after a very long story, too many confusing details.)

I didn't use any of those forms because I printed and prepared them before hand, from the USCIS website.

(The ones they sent in the mail were even expired, another long story)

So that's what I suggest to do. That way you don't have to depend on them to do things right.

Form I864 for me and one for our joint sponsor:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Medical Info: I think in this thread, last page, I've left some details on the Medical.

Also in the packet, it said to fax the DS-230 PART 1 to them, (long story) I talked to them on the phone and they said not to worry about it, so I faxed it anyway. One the interview day, they didnt even have it in our file, thank goodness i was prepared and had copies of it. So you'll have to fax that to them. fax number is:081 583 8394

Also in the packet was a letter to send back them once you prepared all your documents, fax it to them, and they will assign you an interview date. I called them a Looong time before and mentioned we we're more than ready for an interview and somehow shortly later we got an email saying our interview date was set for the 7,and 8th of May.

I hate that this sounds so confusing, they were not organized, and it drove me nuts, but in the end it ddint matter.

I will make a more detailed post about our experience soon, I'll let you all know, just busy at the moment, but if there's anything anyone would like to know just ask, and ill do my best!

TC

breezy :blink::hehe::dance:

oops forgot this:

Documents:

Passports of those attending the interview, and it must be the kind valid in the U.S.A. and must be valid for at least 8 months after the interview date.

The Birth Certificate: they ask for the certificato di nascita originale o copia autenticata di ciascuna persona il cui nome compaia nella richiesta di visto, inclusa la persona che ha presentato l'atto di richiamo. Il certificato di nascita deve essere presentato per tutti i figli non sposati, di eta inferiore a 21 anni, anche se non desiderano per il momento immigrare. Il certificate deve riportate la data ed il luogo di nascita nonche i nomi di entrambi i genitori, e deve inoltre indicare che si tratta di un estratto dall'anagrafe ufficiale.

So we took my Orginal B.C. and a copy for them, and took my husbands B.C. articolo 3 and an estratto di nascita articolo 3 orginal and copy.

Certificati di Polizia: the origional and the copy, where they lived for 6 months or more in their home country or in the country of their actual residence.

Sentenze del tribunale e rapporti delle autorita carcerarie

Document militari, una copia autenticata di un certificato rilasciato dalle autorita.

Fotografie: 4 foto a colori su fondo bianco, carte lucida. ripreso di fronte, orecchie ben visibili.

(we did ours 5 x 5 and asked for the passport demensions you can check the uscis web site for details)

Garanzie di sostentamento: Form I864 for the petitioner and the joint sponsor if needed.

Certificati di matrimonio: presentare copia autenticata del certificato di matrimonio con il timbro o sigillo dell autorita competente per il relascio. So you need the orginal and a copy. and any divorce papers.

traduzioni: tutti documenti in una lingua che non sia inglese o italiano, devono essere translated into english.

and thanks for the well wishes.

Sorry im so unorganized, long day another long story, going to bed now. lol

breezy

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
oops forgot this:

Documents:

Passports of those attending the interview, and it must be the kind valid in the U.S.A. and must be valid for at least 8 months after the interview date.

The Birth Certificate: they ask for the certificato di nascita originale o copia autenticata di ciascuna persona il cui nome compaia nella richiesta di visto, inclusa la persona che ha presentato l'atto di richiamo. Il certificato di nascita deve essere presentato per tutti i figli non sposati, di eta inferiore a 21 anni, anche se non desiderano per il momento immigrare. Il certificate deve riportate la data ed il luogo di nascita nonche i nomi di entrambi i genitori, e deve inoltre indicare che si tratta di un estratto dall'anagrafe ufficiale.

So we took my Orginal B.C. and a copy for them, and took my husbands B.C. articolo 3 and an estratto di nascita articolo 3 orginal and copy.

Certificati di Polizia: the origional and the copy, where they lived for 6 months or more in their home country or in the country of their actual residence.

Sentenze del tribunale e rapporti delle autorita carcerarie

Document militari, una copia autenticata di un certificato rilasciato dalle autorita.

Fotografie: 4 foto a colori su fondo bianco, carte lucida. ripreso di fronte, orecchie ben visibili.

(we did ours 5 x 5 and asked for the passport demensions you can check the uscis web site for details)

Garanzie di sostentamento: Form I864 for the petitioner and the joint sponsor if needed.

Certificati di matrimonio: presentare copia autenticata del certificato di matrimonio con il timbro o sigillo dell autorita competente per il relascio. So you need the orginal and a copy. and any divorce papers.

traduzioni: tutti documenti in una lingua che non sia inglese o italiano, devono essere translated into english.

and thanks for the well wishes.

Sorry im so unorganized, long day another long story, going to bed now. lol

breezy

Hi Breezy:

thanks for all the valuable information...

I have a question about the certificato di matrimonio...I got mine and had an Apostille placed on it, but that was a looonnng time ago. Do you think I'll have to get a more recent one printed? I can't remember the name of the place that handles certificati di matrimonio.

Thank you!

So when are you two lovebirds flying home?

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

oops, i got sleepy and forgot to log out...lol

hey mollyreyna,

We got our MC in the same county where we were married in, Naples. It just took a second for them to get the record, print, stamp and sign another one. At the Consulate at the interview they asked for that and it was just fine. Our other one was from 2004, so we thought we'd be on the safe side and get a more recent one, which was like 8 months ago. While we were in the county hall, they did say that every thing expired except for a BC & Death Cert. Don't ask me.

where are you again, i've totally forgot or have a foggy brain from my needed nap. Where are you and where is he? Not too sure when we will be in the U.S. Hopefully sooon! thanks again for the support you left in the DCF section before our interview, i dont think i mentioned it there.

breezy

3sila: did that help any?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.