356 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

can someone help me and give me a clarification about vaccination?

i have heard that should be request only MMR and TD

it is correct ?

i can do that by myself on the local italian hospital ?

thanks

--------------------------

-Married in Italy 2006

-Received Green Card-conditional status, Nov.2007

-Filed for removal of conditional status, June, 2009

-Received NOA, June 22, 2009

Waiting for Biometrics letter...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
can someone help me and give me a clarification about vaccination?

i have heard that should be request only MMR and TD

it is correct ?

i can do that by myself on the local italian hospital ?

thanks

The vaccination requirements vary by age and by what immunizations you actually received in your life already. To understand better you can take a look at the chart on the US embassy in London, it is very clear and the requirements for Italy are the same. Click here

You can get the shots yourself at a local ASL or hospital(I actually advise that, you have to pay and they are expensive if you get them at the Naples Consulate), just remember that after you're done with getting every shot you need, you must get a copy of your vaccination records at the local ASL (I think it's called certificato di vaccinazioni effettuate or something like that) and bring it with you at the medical as proof you are actually immune to all that's required. If instead you contracted some of the deseases spontaneously and you don't want to get the shot, then you can get a titer blood test which shows your antibodies. In Italian it's called "dosaggio anticorpi".

Hope it helps.

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Italia thread! I'm usually in other corners of VJ as you can tell from the flag there, but I have a quick question (after several dutifully completed searches haven't led me to an answer, nor was the florence consulate site helpful), can Am-It couples still go the DCF route in Italy? (or could they ever, for that matter?)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hello Italia thread! I'm usually in other corners of VJ as you can tell from the flag there, but I have a quick question (after several dutifully completed searches haven't led me to an answer, nor was the florence consulate site helpful), can Am-It couples still go the DCF route in Italy? (or could they ever, for that matter?)

Hey TimsDaisy,

I know that you used to be able to because some friends of mine did that. However, I'm not sure about now since things have changed.

Good luck :)

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

Timeline

I am not sure either...but I googled your question and it came up with this website which contains a list of countries who are allowed or not allowed DCF...unfortunately Italy is the first of the not-allowed-countries list.... :unsure: Not sure how reliable this is though.

Hope it helps.

NATURALIZATION

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

Yes, Italy does allow DCF to USC's who have a Permesso di Sorgiorno in Italy! So far it's been real quick for us!

In our case the Adam Walsh Act didn't affect us filing in Italy. Ours was already in Rome when that happened, don't know exactly if it affected following filings, just to be sure, contact the Rome Embassy (where the US citizen will file the I-130) at 06 46 7421 90 between 8.30 am and 12.00 pm. They speak Italian and English and are always helpful and polite.

There are very few cases of Italy DCF here on VJ, don't hesitate to ask, I'll do what I can to help.

Here is a link to the Florence Website:

http://florence.usconsulate.gov/english/

First find out if you may file, then let me know!

Good Luck!

breezy

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Timeline
Yes, Italy does allow DCF to USC's who have a Permesso di Sorgiorno in Italy! So far it's been real quick for us!

In our case the Adam Walsh Act didn't affect us filing in Italy. Ours was already in Rome when that happened, don't know exactly if it affected following filings, just to be sure, contact the Rome Embassy (where the US citizen will file the I-130) at 06 46 7421 90 between 8.30 am and 12.00 pm. They speak Italian and English and are always helpful and polite.

There are very few cases of Italy DCF here on VJ, don't hesitate to ask, I'll do what I can to help.

Here is a link to the Florence Website:

http://florence.usconsulate.gov/english/

First find out if you may file, then let me know!

Good Luck!

breezy

Thanks for the info breezy :thumbs: Google isn't always your friend :lol:

NATURALIZATION

hello to all of you guys :luv:

some good news here thanks God our case had been completed and sent to the naple embassay as of april the 17 :dance:

we are still in the process of collecting all needed documents ...translation is another story

My husband's english isn t good enought to have the interview in english

do you guys know if he can have the interview done in italian ? also how much do those vaccinations cost ? any ideas

3sila,

Congrats! :dance::dance:

:star: What language are the documents in? When I recieved Packet 3, it states that "all documents in a language different than English or Italian must be translated into English. The translations must include a signed declaration from the translator which affirms that the translator is competent."

:star: I really do think that he can do his interview in Italian, they might ask how you two communicate if he dosen't speak English well, or something like that. I'm sure that everyone at the Consulate speaks fluent English and Italian. I think I've seen this case in other countries, and I THINK it was fine that they didnt speak English well, you might want to e-mail Naples, I've gotten e-mails back in less than a week sometimes!

IVNaples@state.gov is their e-mail address.

:star: possibly required vaccinations:

-orecchioni (mumps?)

-morbillo (measles?)

-rosolia (rubella?)

-polio

-tetano (tetanus)

-difterite (diphtheria?)

-influenza

-epatite b (hepatitus B)

-varicella (chicken pox)

-influenza tipo b

-vaccino antipneumotocicco

Applicants should consult their family physicians for their "libretto di vaccinazione", and that only a doctor is able to determine which vaccinations of those listed are appropriate for a person depending on age, etc. Those who do not have their libretto can be obligated to be re-given these vaccinations. The cost will depend on the type of required vaccination as listed below:

costi amministrativi 15 euro

anatoxal (tetano, difterite) 10 euro

energix (epatite B) 24 euro

morupar (morbillo, orecchioni, rosolia) 20 euro

pneumo 23 (antipneumotocicco) 21 euro

difteral (dtp bambini) 7 euro

hiberix (Hib) 21 euro

varilrix (varicella) non disponsibile

imovax (polio) 10 euro

If your husband is between 18 and 64, it seems to me that according to this chart, he would only need to show proof of having been vaccinated for: Td (tetanus and diphtheria), MMR (combined measles, mumps and rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox).

Hope all this helps, don't forget to leave what you've learned for others!

EDITED TO ADD, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY SMILEYS ARE CLOSE TO THESE VACCINATIONS?!? I THINK IT'S THE B THAT TURNED INTO SUNGLASSES?"?! WHEN I TRY TO EDIT THEY DONT SHOW UP, SORRY.

Edited by breezy

hello breezy,

thank you so much, you are always alot of help :luv:

well we have italian, arabic german documents to translate we taked about it and descided to send all document to be translated in morocco since not only it will cost us less but the translator is sworn and certified ...I mayself used his tranlation when I moved to the states eight years ago :star:

and yes his logo is on all the documents and he signs certifying that the tranlation is true .......

about our language yes actually we are both moroccans that grow up in moroccan till our early tweenties i moved to the usa and he moved to europe and so we have no issues with communication :D

do you think this would help our case his sister is married to my brother and actually we met in his brother weeding in morocco a year before ours :yes:

anyway could you tell me how to get passport pictures taking in italy with all the neccesary requirement ? is is best to print the guide for the photographer or do they have special name for the in italy specialy in rome

thank you so much :luv:

Timeline
I really do think that he can do his interview in Italian, they might ask how you two communicate if he dosen't speak English well, or something like that. I'm sure that everyone at the Consulate speaks fluent English and Italian. I think I've seen this case in other countries, and I THINK it was fine that they didnt speak English well, you might want to e-mail Naples, I've gotten e-mails back in less than a week sometimes!

I am sure he could have his interview in Italian if the Consul spoke the language, but unfortunately it's not always the case... :( When I had my interview in 2004 the Consul only spoke English and knew not one single word of Italian, so those who were not fluent in English had either their spouse/fiance/relative as translators or an official one there with them. It wasn't a problem, but they still had to have someone who could translate for her (it was a femal consul at the time). I am sure it is no big deal, but I would email Naples and ask about this particular matter for the time being.

Applicants should consult their family physicians for their "libretto di vaccinazione", and that only a doctor is able to determine which vaccinations of those listed are appropriate for a person depending on age, etc. Those who do not have their libretto can be obligated to be re-given these vaccinations.

In Italy you have to get your official vaccination record certificate at your local ASL (or where you actually received the shots, not sure about this), not your family doctor (they don't keep records of vaccinations). I am not sure the libretto is an official thing you can actually show at the consulate, I think it's more of a personal record. What I always was told and heard of was the "certificato di vaccinazioni effettuate" which, as I said above, you get at your ASL. If you contracted some of the deseased spontaneously , therefore you didn't need to get vaccinated and don't want to get a shot you don't need now and there is no record of the fact you are immune, then you can get a titer test done. It is bloodwork that shows your antibodies, in Italian it's called "dosaggio degli anticorpi". The test is accepted by the Consulate.

BTW earlier in the thread I posted all the details about this and also a link to the official vaccination requirement chart that shows what you actually need to be immune of since it varies by age.

anyway could you tell me how to get passport pictures taking in italy with all the neccesary requirement ? is is best to print the guide for the photographer or do they have special name for the in italy specialy in rome

I don't think you'll have any problems to get your passport style pics taken at any professional photographer, but you can always bring the requirements with you to be on the safe side. BTW just ask for "foto tessera per passaporti" and you'll be fine. There are also automatic machines that do this, at train or subway stations usually, but the quality is not so good and you always end up looking horrid with those machines! :whistle::P

Hope it helps and good luck with everything.

Edited by churipu

NATURALIZATION

Timeline

Link to the official vaccination requirements chart

It is from the US embassy in london, but the requirements are the exact same for Italy.

Edited by churipu

NATURALIZATION

swa- was just wondering how things went? Sure hope all is well, let us know!

3sila- did you find what you needed after churipu's detailed post?

churipu- HI!

TimsDaisy- what about you, what did you find out?

UPDATES PEOPLE, I NEED UPDATES! Need SOMEthing to keep me busy! My husbands DCF interview is coming up on the 8th of May! I'm getting nervous!! :blush:

Breezy :innocent:

Timeline
swa- was just wondering how things went? Sure hope all is well, let us know!

3sila- did you find what you needed after churipu's detailed post?

churipu- HI!

TimsDaisy- what about you, what did you find out?

UPDATES PEOPLE, I NEED UPDATES! Need SOMEthing to keep me busy! My husbands DCF interview is coming up on the 8th of May! I'm getting nervous!! :blush:

Breezy :innocent:

Hi breezy!

Well...my update is not the kind that you were probably referring to...but yesterday night I received an email from USCIS regarding my lifting conditions...my case was approved and my new card production was ordered so it looks like I am finally done with immigration! Although I am planning to apply for citizenship in october, then I will be really done FOR GOOD!

Good luck for everything everyone. :thumbs:

Edited by churipu

NATURALIZATION

:dance::dance: churipu :dance::dance:

That's great! October's just around the corner, lucky you! Can't wait until we arrive at that point!

Hope to still see you around here!

breezy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.