chuck76

Any benefit to early biometrics?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does getting the biometrics speed anything up? from everything I read they still go by priority date when scheduling and there does not seem to be any increase in processing time by doing early biometrics.

Any thoughts? Does it speed the process along? :help::huh:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you applied 90 days early, still have to wait 90 days. Rumor has it, with our poor economy, things are slowing down at the USCIS, even heard illegals crossing the Mexican USA border is coming to a quick end.

This gives the agents at the USCIS more time to find fault with your application and to do a lot more nitpicking. Do that for job security.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know if this is the same for naturalization but during ROC I had to wait 90 days for my biometrics appointment. Most other people had theirs a long time before me but I was approved at the same time as others. I don't think it makes any difference at all.

Does getting the biometrics speed anything up? from everything I read they still go by priority date when scheduling and there does not seem to be any increase in processing time by doing early biometrics.

Any thoughts? Does it speed the process along? :help::huh:

In the January 2012 Filers thread I had the same biometrics date as another filer who filed one day before me, we live clear across the country from each other. They went and did early biometrics. I did not. We had interviews on the same day and ended up with our oath ceremonies being one day apart from each other (I was one day before, but really oath ceremony date just really depends on where you live, whether they offer same day oath, etc).

In my opinion it does not make any difference at all to your processing. I'd only really recommend attempting it if you can't make your appointed date for whatever reason.

Edited by HuffyTheSlayer

Filed: Timeline

It helped us quite a bit for ROC. We went in early, and were approved before our scheduled biometrics appointment. I think for N-400, the early biometrics we did was only a couple weeks early, so that may have not made much difference, although we were ahead in the processing times, and definitely ahead of the pack for the oath ceremony for those that didn't get the same day oath.

Timeline

It helped us quite a bit for ROC. We went in early, and were approved before our scheduled biometrics appointment. I think for N-400, the early biometrics we did was only a couple weeks early, so that may have not made much difference, although we were ahead in the processing times, and definitely ahead of the pack for the oath ceremony for those that didn't get the same day oath.

That is all dependent on how busy your local office is, not when your biometrics appointment was.

That is all dependent on how busy your local office is, not when your biometrics appointment was.

Well, if we were approved before our scheduled appointment date because we went in early, then that would seem to contradict what you just posted.

Timeline

Well, if we were approved before our scheduled appointment date because we went in early, then that would seem to contradict what you just posted.

I was talking about N-400. ROC is not processed at your local office... :bonk:

Filed: Country: Latvia
Timeline

It doesn't change much for N-400. However, it will speed the process of removal of conditions, as long as your physical file stays at the same service center.

Let's look at the hypothetical scenario.

1. Lockbox received your App on Apr 13

2. Lockbox opened your app on Apr 17, cashed your check on Apr 18.

3. Lockbox mailed you a notice on Apr 18.

4. You received the letter on Apr 2

5. Lockbox scans your application and sends the physical application to NBC, Kansas city.

6. NBC received your N-400 physical app and reviewed your N-400 and supporting documentation again. NBC put a request to CSC (assuming that you got your green card in California) to ship your Green card file to NBC

7. NBC sent you a notice for biometrics on April 26. And you received it on Apr 30.

8. You were scheduled for fingerprints on May 18. And you went ahead for biometrics on May 4.

You think that you will be 10 days ahead of others in the same boat. But the issue is: NBC is still waiting for your application from CSC, and this takes anywhere from 7 to 12 days.

9. NBC received your old file from CSC on May 14

10. NBC attached your N-400 and supporting documentation, and fingerprints clearance to your Old file. This happened on May 20

11. NBC put you in the testing and interview queue on May 21

12. Today (May 22), you received another email stating that you will receive a notice for interview.

13. NBC shipped your file folder consisting of old ####### from AOS, ROC, etc and N-400 to your local office.

If it is the removal of conditions, there is no physical movement of files. This can quicken the removal of conditions.

Are you telling me your ROC didn't get processed at CSC? That's what your timeline says... Maybe you should change it...

That is where it was sent. You will notice the timeline doesn't give an option for anything but a service center. But the return address for the approval letter was San Francisco.

ETA: If an interview was required, you don't think they would send us all the way down to Laguna Niguel, do you?

Edited by ☼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.