Emmamama

Only 40 more days to file, what to do???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all,

I have just finished an extremely busy school year and just realized that my husband and I only have 40 days left until his visa expires and we need to remove conditions!!

I will send it first thing Monday, and I know that we will (hopefully) get the one year extension, but will our tardiness affect this at all?

Thanks!

Edited by Emmamama

No, it should not affect it at all. As long as you file before the current GC expires you will be fine.

AOS:

12/05/09: Sent AOS package to Chicago lockbox.

12/11/09: USPS reports delivery of package.

12/16/09: I-485 check cashed.

12/17/09: I-130 check cashed.

12/19/09: Received four NOAs in the mail (dated 12/15)

12/28/09: Received biometrics apt. letter for 1/8/10

01/04/10: Walk-in biometrics done (Santa Ana, CA)

01/26/10: Received interview letter for March 10

02/05/10: EAD card production ordered & AP approval notice sent, both arrived in the mail shortly thereafter

03/10/10: Interview and approval for cond. GC

03/11/10: Status update "Card production ordered"

03/16/10: Welcome letter in the mail

03/22/10: GC in the mail!

ROC:

12/20/11: Mailed to CSC.

12/21/11: NOA date.

01/13/12: Scheduled biometrics.

05/18/12: Received approval letter, dated 5/14.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

His VISA expired a long time ago. I assume you're now talking about his 2 year greencard.

You have to file for ROC anytime in the 90 days before the card expires. 40 days is fine. A couple of days would be risky if there was a problem with your filing because your card could expire while your packet was being returned to you and then you resending it.

You should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.