Andy & Rena

*How We Meet *

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJs.

I and my fiance first meet throught my aunt and his husband(they live in US and american citizen),they suggested us (me and my fiance) to be friends in facebook. NOw, I dont know if we will going to mentioned about my aunt and uncle (we are not talking now, family matter)in the letter that they introduced us. We are going to send our application this week but a little bothered if we are going to put them on the letter "How we meet" or just put it there we meet in facebook and thats it.

Hoping anyone can help us.

Thank you for the wonderful blessing :-)

5/26/2011 1st Meeting - Manila(yayyyyyyyyyyyyy)

5/26/2011 Got Engaged (He proposed soon as he arrived yayyyyyy :-)

6/11/2011 Flight back to US (sooooooo sad)

6/15/2012 Send the K1 packet

6/18/2012 Received in Dallas Lockbox

6/21/2012 Received NOA1 through email

6/25/2012 Received hardcopy of NOA1

1/03/2013 Received NOA2

1/04/2013 Received hardcopy of NOA2

2/14/2013 INTERVIEW (APPROVED) THANKS TO YOU OOH LORD!!!

NOW WE ARE WAITING FOR DELIVERY OF MY VISA!

Loving you makes life worth living!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can put that you met through a family member or not. They (USCIS and USEM) don't care nor will know that your aunt, uncle and yourself are not talking to each other now. USCIS and USEM only require that it is a genuine relationship, you both intent to marry upon entering the USA in 90 days, have met in the past two years prior to filing the petition (I-129f)and the petitioner can financially support the beneficiary (I-134).

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Just tell the truth, you'll be fine. Your relationship with your aunt now is irrelevant, you won't be asked about it and there is no need to volunteer that information anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good day VJs.

I and my fiance first meet throught my aunt and his husband(they live in US and american citizen),they suggested us (me and my fiance) to be friends in facebook. NOw, I dont know if we will going to mentioned about my aunt and uncle (we are not talking now, family matter)in the letter that they introduced us. We are going to send our application this week but a little bothered if we are going to put them on the letter "How we meet" or just put it there we meet in facebook and thats it.

Hoping anyone can help us.

Don't over-think your response for this question, just keep it simple. As Teddy pointed out, your relationship to your aunt (or to whomever introduced you for that matter) is completely irrelevant.

Just make sure you establish:

1) How you knew of each others existence

2) When you came face to face with each other (if it didn't happen at the same time of #1)

When answering this question on the form, you need to keep in mind that they don't want a whole love story, they want facts. Keep it short and sweet... Example: "We were introduced by a family member of mine, in May 2011. I traveled to visit her and her family in June 2011 and I proposed on that visit"

good.gif

Timeline

@Princess Rena,

Confirming and emphasizing portion of "Wally G!"'s response to you: one of the pre-requisites to submitting I-129f is that you and your fiance have met each other in person, within the two years immediately preceding filing the I-129f petition [with extremely rare exceptions]. Is that the case? Have you met each other personally/in person within this time frame? [bTW, Wally G! is correct on the other points also.] Additonal posters' advice to keep response about meeting in person short and simple is wise. Most persons seem to be able to utilize the space provided on I-129F form to describe the in person meeting(s). Please let us know if we can help you more about this or with anything during you and your fiance's own Visa Journey. Wishing you and your fiance the best!!! --RK and Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

You can put that you met through a family member or not. They (USCIS and USEM) don't care nor will know that your aunt, uncle and yourself are not talking to each other now. USCIS and USEM only require that it is a genuine relationship, you both intent to marry upon entering the USA in 90 days, have met in the past two years prior to filing the petition (I-129f)and the petitioner can financially support the beneficiary (I-134).

Thank you so much for your comment. We appreciate it a lot.

1/03/2013 Received NOA2

Timeline

@Princess Rena,

Confirming and emphasizing portion of "Wally G!"'s response to you: one of the pre-requisites to submitting I-129f is that you and your fiance have met each other in person, within the two years immediately preceding filing the I-129f petition [with extremely rare exceptions]. Is that the case? Have you met each other personally/in person within this time frame? [bTW, Wally G! is correct on the other points also.] Additonal posters' advice to keep response about meeting in person short and simple is wise. Most persons seem to be able to utilize the space provided on I-129F form to describe the in person meeting(s). Please let us know if we can help you more about this or with anything during you and your fiance's own Visa Journey. Wishing you and your fiance the best!!! --RK and Inday

We met in person last may 2011. Thank you so much for the comment. err.. I asked too much but again I have another question, first,about "letter of intent to marry", is it necessary that we have same date on the letter( like i put i put april 30, 2012 (i send it through TNT) and he will put todays date ? Second, is it ok to issue personal check or it need to be certify? Thank you so much!

Don't over-think your response for this question, just keep it simple. As Teddy pointed out, your relationship to your aunt (or to whomever introduced you for that matter) is completely irrelevant.

Just make sure you establish:

1) How you knew of each others existence

2) When you came face to face with each other (if it didn't happen at the same time of #1)

When answering this question on the form, you need to keep in mind that they don't want a whole love story, they want facts. Keep it short and sweet... Example: "We were introduced by a family member of mine, in May 2011. I traveled to visit her and her family in June 2011 and I proposed on that visit"

good.gif

Thank you so much, this is a big help to us.

1/03/2013 Received NOA2

Timeline

@Princess Rena--In response to your questions in most recent post:

#1: No, it is not necessary to have exactly the same date on letter of intent. You and your fiance should just put on the date you actually wrote your letter.

#2: Re: personal or certified check. I am going to supply more info than you asked for which may be of help. Rather than rewriting all the info, please refer to the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3850a99ba78af110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

which is the USCIS instructions for paying immigration fees. Most VJ members seem to do money order or personal check (for tracking purposes; knowing when check is cashed.) Be sure to follow the USCIS instructions exactly. I made a mistake on writing out personal check and had the whole I-129F package sent back; had to re-write check & resend I-129F again!!!

Happy to help with this and any other questions you might have.

RK&Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

@Princess Rena--In response to your questions in most recent post:

#1: No, it is not necessary to have exactly the same date on letter of intent. You and your fiance should just put on the date you actually wrote your letter.

#2: Re: personal or certified check. I am going to supply more info than you asked for which may be of help. Rather than rewriting all the info, please refer to the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3850a99ba78af110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

which is the USCIS instructions for paying immigration fees. Most VJ members seem to do money order or personal check (for tracking purposes; knowing when check is cashed.) Be sure to follow the USCIS instructions exactly. I made a mistake on writing out personal check and had the whole I-129F package sent back; had to re-write check & resend I-129F again!!!

Happy to help with this and any other questions you might have.

RK&Inday

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! You are such a big help!

1/03/2013 Received NOA2

Timeline

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! You are such a big help!

You are very welcome. Always glad to help. --RK&Inday

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.