dreampopsh

i-130 filing fee

10 posts in this topic

hi i need to ask again coz we're starting with our process, and i would greatly appreciate all your help and inputs. i would just like to know like where can we address the payment for the i-130 filing fee. i mean we can use money wiring thing right? like western union or something? so where should i address the payment? and like if were going to send the documents, like what do you mean by stand alone? how can i know where to send my documents and what courier to use like the USPS or would it be better if we use fedex and where to send it? thank you very very much :)

thank your for reading my question and like taking time to respond. :) i have already read that link and im like reading it over and over but my question is like where will i address the payment like just put USCIS or like can i use western union. thats my question and i dont think its like indicated specifically in the guide. thank you again and God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank your for reading my question and like taking time to respond. :) i have already read that link and im like reading it over and over but my question is like where will i address the payment like just put USCIS or like can i use western union. thats my question and i dont think its like indicated specifically in the guide. thank you again and God bless

Says in the guidelines to make a personal check or money order out the the USCIS. No western union. Good luck :)

These are your payment options:

• Bank drafts, cashier's checks, certified checks, personal checks (See Check Instructions below), and money orders must be drawn on U.S. financial institutions and payable in U.S. funds.
  • If you live in the United States or its territories, make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (not "USDHS" or "DHS").
  • If you live outside the United States or its territories, and are filing your application or petition where you live, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.

Go to this page to see what you need to write on the check, Steps 1-6 at the bottom.

USCIS Paying Immigraiton Fees

I-130 Process

USCIS: 04/23/2012: I-130 mailed

NVC: 07/30/2012: Case received at NVC
U.S Embassy Interview: 11/01/2012: Interview and Visa approved!

Removing Conditions

10/19/14: Sent I-751

04/17/15: Approved

so i will just put USCIS on my personal check and include it in the packet? how about the address for the files? what do you mean by standalone? thank you sorry for being annoying :P

The I-130 form says how payment should be made.

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institute located in the United States and must be payable in US Currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

You really need to read all the documentation properly to avoid RFEs.

09/25/2009 - Married!

CR1 Timeline
12/11/2009 - I-130 Sent

12/17/2009 - NOA1
03/01/2010 - NOA2
03/05/2010 - DS-3032 Emailed
03/08/2010 - DS-3032/I-864 Bill received/DS-3032 Email resent / AOS Paid
03/09/2010 - NVC received AOS Payment
03/10/2010 - DS-3032 accepted
03/11/2010 - IV Bill received
03/12/2010 - I-864 Bill shows as PAID
03/16/2010 - Sent I-864 Package
03/19/2010 - Pay IV Bill Online
03/22/2010 - IV Bill shows as PAID
03/23/2010 - DS-230 and Documents Sent
04/08/2010 - SIF
04/08/2010 - AVR updated to "Case Completed"
04/13/2010 - Interview Date Assigned
04/21/2010 - Case Sent to Embassy
04/25/2010 - Case Received at Embassy
04/30/2010 - Medical Exam - Passed!

05/06/2010 - Interview 9:30am in Auckland - APPROVED!
05/10/2010 - Visa Received!
05/13/2010 - POE LAX!

Removal of Conditions Timeline
04/25/2012 - I-751 Package sent (a little late)

05/01/2012 - USCIS Received Package
05/14/2012 - NOA
06/01/2012 - Biometrics (Omaha, NE)

11/20/2012 - Approved
11/29/2012 - Card Received!

Naturalization Timeline
06/06/2015 - N-400 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox
06/10/2015 - Case Received
06/15/2015 - NOA
07/07/2015 - Biometrics (Omaha, NE)

09/01/2015 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/2015 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you look on the left side of this page. you see list immigration news click on thatuscis anounces changes to stand along 1-130 filing locations. and click on uscis.for direct filing address for form 1-130 petition for alien.

thank you all for your replies! like all of it gave me like light with regards to my question. just one last thing about this topic! sorry again! do i need to like pay the check to the bank and get receipt or like a printed ar that they got the check or put the check itself inside the packet im going to send together with other documents. thank you veryyy much! God bless you all! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.