15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI Guys,

I see a lot of people referring to their petition as being "Touched"... What does that mean?

01.11.2011 | Met Online and an Amazing Friendship Began...

06.23.2011 | Met in Person and our Romantic Relationship was set Ablaze......

03.18.2012 | Engagement

05.10.2012 | I-129F SENT (USPS Overnight to Dallas Lockbox)

05.11.2012 | Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox Signed for at 11:30am

05.16.2012 | NOA1 Text and Email Received (11pm)

05.18.2012 | Cashed Check

05.21.2012 | NOA1 Letter in Mail

08.06.2012 | NOA2 Text Received and Email Received (9pm)

08.09.2012 | NOA2 Letter in Mail

08.22.2012 | Packet 3 Recieved

08.25.2012 | NVC Letter Recieved

09.06.2012| Medical Exam

If you sign up for case updates on the USCIS website, there is a "last updated" date assigned to your case. On VJ, it's called a "touch" ... someone picked your case up and did SOMETHING with it. However, you should know that these are completely meaningless. Sometimes things happen after a touch, sometimes they don't. Sometimes cases NEVER get touched or never get updated on the USCIS website.

So they're really nothing to pay too much attention to at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The search function would probably have revealed this ;)

If you have created an account on the USCIS website with your case number you can see when your file has last been "touched" - all it means is that it has had some activity (might just be physically moving it from A to B) but at least gives you some sanity that they are still doing something with it ;)

Edit: Coconuts beat me to it - not sure how to remove this...

Edited by N&S

Timeline

Thanks for the quick response everyone :) This is experience will truly be one of the greatest opportunities in the practice of Patience whistling.gif

03.18.2012 | Engagement

09.06.2012| Medical Exam

Very true coconuts. My was only touch once after receiving my file and then petition approved just under five months!

Mine said "Initial Review" long after I'd been approved. :lol: This process became much less stressful when I wasn't checking my case every day.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Mine said "Initial Review" long after I'd been approved. :lol: This process became much less stressful when I wasn't checking my case every day.

LOL - I wasn't really checking my status that much (initially) but really, REALLY got addicted to Igor's list; turned out with that and a spreadsheet the link to which I have lost I was within a few days of predicting my approval date :)

LOL - I wasn't really checking my status that much (initially) but really, REALLY got addicted to Igor's list; turned out with that and a spreadsheet the link to which I have lost I was within a few days of predicting my approval date :)

Ugh, yes! The first thing I would do when I got to work was check Igor's List. I needed an intervention.

Ugh, yes! The first thing I would do when I got to work was check Igor's List. I needed an intervention.

ye i never got a touched as it were but found Igors list useful although that depends on peoples timelines as well

th_st-georges-day-flag.jpg

K1 visa - 10/25/2011 - 7 months 2 days

Married - 06/26/2012

AOS - 07/31/2012 - 2months 18 days

Process from filing 129-f to AOS approval 349 Days

Timeline

ye i never got a touched as it were but found Igors list useful although that depends on peoples timelines as well

It doesn't seem as if Igor's list is around anymore... Was he an old VJ member that created it?

03.18.2012 | Engagement

09.06.2012| Medical Exam

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It doesn't seem as if Igor's list is around anymore... Was he an old VJ member that created it?

Uh....click on the "Immigration Timelines" button at the top of the forum page for Igor's list.... :unsure:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes it has becom my daily routine of checking the status, knowig its going to be the same. I saw that my form was "touched" in february and thats it. Still waiting to be approved.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

HI Guys,

I see a lot of people referring to their petition as being "Touched"... What does that mean?

Sometimes it takes so long to get an approval you actualy have to touch yourself.:blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.