jordanianprincess

Posting on VJ

Does your SO have any impact on your posts/threads?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Does your SO know about VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Yes and he/she even has my password.
    • Yes and he/she is also a member.
  2. 2. Does your SO read your posts/threads on VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you kidding? No way!
    • He/She helps me write them.
    • He/She would be very upset if they read my posts/threads.
  3. 3. If you SO does read your posts/threads, does that have any impact on what you post?

• Yes, that is why I prefer not share any personal info.
    • No, I am an open book.
    • I don't care what He/She thinks
    • I never thought about it.
    • This doesn't apply to me.
    • I hold back alot of what I want to say because He/She monitors my posts.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes he knows about it. He posts once in a while but not much.

VJ can be toxic at times. You can find situations that make you worry more about your case than you should.

But I've got a lot of friends here. I'll be around at least till they are done. And probably beyond.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband as his own ID and comes occasionally to see what I am reading especially if he sees me laughing at something someone wrote or ask him a question about what someone says. He usually says what's the drama about now :lol: As far as pictures are concerned I wanted to put a couple of wedding pictures up of us. He helped me choose them.

My husband as his own ID and comes occasionally to see what I am reading especially if he sees me laughing at something someone wrote or ask him a question about what someone says. He usually says what's the drama about now :lol: As far as pictures are concerned I wanted to put a couple of wedding pictures up of us. He helped me choose them.

And very nice they are too..... :thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
VJ can be toxic at times. You can find situations that make you worry more about your case than you should.

*agrees* Until I had my interview approval I couldn't come on here. It just gave the heebie jeebies. :(

Cian has been a member since March and it was through him that I joined. I am a bit of a post ####### on the other sites I belong to so I am pretty much a potential forum addict.... :help:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby knows about VJ and is prolly sick of me talking about it :lol: ...

He isn't a member and has no desire to be a member...

I don't share everything with this group because I know that would make him uncomfotable...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At first my husband and I shared the same login and password...then he got locked out one day and he created another one, So we have two now I'm Savanphil, and he's Savanphilman We see what eachother writes and its cool. When or if soemone responds to him, I tell him what they said. Its cool, we don't really share personal business with anyone..(not even family).

Edited by Savanphil

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

G. usually reads my posts on VJ, but he doesn't have his own account.

I tell him everything, so why would I care if he reads my posts? Usually he reads them after I tell him about them ("Guess what some idiot on VisaJourney just said ...")

I try not to share a lot of personal reasons, but that's just sense, not because I mind my husband knowing!

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Pras has seen me with VJ open, but has not read my posts/threads.

I'd certainly get an earful if she saw the many posts where I used Dean's favourite term. :lol:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Pras has seen me with VJ open, but has not read my posts/threads.

I'd certainly get an earful if she saw the many posts where I used Dean's favourite term. :lol:

Then I'll give you the earful..you shouldn't be cursing. :no::P:innocent:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel and I post here and we read each others posts. We have nothing to hide, nor would we attemp to hide anything. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
We have nothing to hide, nor would we attemp to hide anything. :)

Bah! Joel's been sleeping with my sister. :bonk:

Hi Karen :lol:

BWAHAHAHAHA!

So, what's the latest with you and Carly, hmmmm?????

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My husband knows about VJ- I never log out so he doesn't need to know my password- but since I (probably stupidly) use the same password for everything he could figure it out easily. I doubt he reads anything, but I wouldn't care if he did. He has no interest in VJ, other than what useful information I have acquired on the site. I did all of the paperwork so he never needed to become a member. Occasionally I have told him about some of the funnier petty arguments I've seen on here and we'll have a giggle, but other than that he has no interest. We don't make friends via the internet and I have no friends on this site, however I do enjoy reading what people have to say about certain things and will put my 2 cents in occasionally. I have followed along with people who applied for things at similar times as I have even if I never actually knew them. I also do follow along with some of the British ex-pats on here just because they are British (or married to one like me).

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.