UKtoUS3476

Visit before I-129f Approval

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received my NOA1 on 2/1 and I am visiting my fiance in London next weekend. I thought it may be useful to bring with me any documents I will need to fill out after the NOA2 is received to save the time and money from sending documents overseas. I am planning on bringing over a copy of the I-129f packet I sent to immigration, the affidavit of financial support and a letter reaffirming our intent to marry. Is there anything else I am missing? Thanks!

I received my NOA1 on 2/1 and I am visiting my fiance in London next weekend. I thought it may be useful to bring with me any documents I will need to fill out after the NOA2 is received to save the time and money from sending documents overseas. I am planning on bringing over a copy of the I-129f packet I sent to immigration, the affidavit of financial support and a letter reaffirming our intent to marry. Is there anything else I am missing? Thanks!

You should take her samples of the I194, ask the flight attendant when you arrive to give you one and remind your fiance how important it is to have it when she enters the US and to make sure is stapled to her passport.

Edited by sanchez525

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Based your Timeline, you could take all that without a doubt. Make sure to add ALL the financial support information: The I-134, letter from the employer (if applicable), Tax transcripts, W2s.. The letter you can do there and the packet 1 copy sounds good too :thumbs:

You should take her samples of the I194, ask the flight attendant when you arrive to give you one and remind your fiance how important it is to have it when she enters the US and to make sure is stapled to her passport.

:blink: Excuse me, but I don't think I follow? Why would he have to ask a flight a attendant for a I-94 of his fiancee? He is flying to London to visit her... there is no I-94 in this equation and she is not the one travelling

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

The I 94 is required when she comes and he's just trying to get her prepared.

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The I 94 is required when she comes and he's just trying to get her prepared.

Exactly the reason why I boggled........ :unsure: Are you assuming that the British Fiancee has never travelled to the US and he'll explain? I fail to read on his post anything related to that :hehe:

Edited by Celeste & C

I don't understand this either. What does this do, exactly? Why ask for one?

Edited by Coconuts

I don't understand this either. What does this do, exactly? Why ask for one?

to be able to get her a social security # she needs to have this stapled to her passport once she enters the US. I especifically said he should take her one, so he can remind her how important it is to fill it out and hand it in at POE. It's usually required for anyone entering the US on a visa, now if it's not required for anyone traveling from Europe, then you can disregard my reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you should surely take your stuff over. My fiance and I got our NOA1 in January, he just visited in April and I gave him everything. My new letter of intent (I post-dated it for end of May) the I-134 and all of the supporting info (letter from employer, tax transcripts, and I also included my life insurance, house assessment, and retirement proof because I listed it all on the I-134) It may be over-kill but I did not want to leave anything out!

Sounds like you are all set!

We also made copies of his passport stamps from the 2 times he has visited me here since we filed the I-129F (I figured it showed proof of ongoing relationship since filing)

Good luck on your journey! good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.