RonnySin

Evidence for i-485 application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi VJ, I'm in the united state on K1 visa and i had married with my lovely wife since January 2012. I'm applying for 2years green card which is I-485 application. I had biometric last 2week but haven't received any interview appointment letter yet. I'm thinking of what kind of evidence of relationship between me and my wife i should bring on my interview date?

I have my SSN, ID, marriage certificate, Joined back account and some of Ebay receipt that have my wife name on the receipt.

Thank

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi VJ, I'm in the united state on K1 visa and i had married with my lovely wife since January 2012. I'm applying for 2years green card which is I-485 application. I had biometric last 2week but haven't received any interview appointment letter yet. I'm thinking of what kind of evidence of relationship between me and my wife i should bring on my interview date?

I have my SSN, ID, marriage certificate, Joined back account and some of Ebay receipt that have my wife name on the receipt.

Thank

Hey bro,

I cant figure out how an eBay receipt with your wife's name proves the legitimacy of your marriage...enlighten me?

Bring anything that has both of your names - lease documents, bills etc. pictures - that kind of thing. Your letter will have a checklist of necessary things to bring.

July 2005 - met my awesome, hot, amazing love in Lousiana.
July 2006 - Married said love and moved to Canada.
June 2011 - Entered US to visit family, decided to stay.
Feb. 2012 - Sent paperwork to Chicago.

May 2012 - Received green card.

Day 0 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox - 02/27/2012
Day 2 - UPS Tracking Confirmation - 02/29/2012
Day 4 - NOA Emails Received - 03/02/2012
Day 7 - All Checks Cashed - 03/05/2012
Day 11 - Hard Copy NOA's Received - 03/09/2012
Day 11 - Biometrics Appointment Received - 03/09/2012
--------- - Booked for - 04/03/2012 (day 36)
Day 35 - Early Biometricts Walk-in - 04/02/2012
Day 44 - Received Appointment Letter - 04/11/2012
Day 58 - EAD Approval Online - 04/25/2012
Day 63 - EAD in the mail - 04/30/2012
Day 65 - EAD in hand - 05/02/2012
Day 77 - AOS Interview - 05/14/2012
Day 77 - AOS Approved!
Day 84 - Green Card In Hand - 05/21/2012

Yes, your interview letter will have a list of everything you need to bring. For ideas about evidence of a bona fide marriage, look over the I-130 instructions, there is a list there. As a K-1 entrant you might have your interview waived.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Insurance, lease, car title, pictures... You need a lot more my friend.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Insurance, lease, car title, pictures... You need a lot more my friend.

He doesn't "need a lot more." USCIS understands that newlyweds don't have a lot of proof of marriage because they just got married. Furthermore, the OP isn't even sure he will have an interview yet, as he entered on a K-1 visa. I would suggest he familiarize himself with the type of proof they are looking for, because even if he doesn't have an interview now he will have to file I-751 in two years, with the same type of evidence. The ebay receipt is probably not too exciting :)

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

He doesn't "need a lot more." USCIS understands that newlyweds don't have a lot of proof of marriage because they just got married. Furthermore, the OP isn't even sure he will have an interview yet, as he entered on a K-1 visa. I would suggest he familiarize himself with the type of proof they are looking for, because even if he doesn't have an interview now he will have to file I-751 in two years, with the same type of evidence. The ebay receipt is probably not too exciting :)

Thanks so much bro.....

Thanks so much bro.....

What kind of question they might bombard on me bro?

What kind of question they might bombard on me bro?

They most likely won't bombard you. The questions they ask are simple questions about your married life, that anyone with a real relationship could answer. Most people find their interviews perfunctory and even pleasant. Bro.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

They most likely won't bombard you. The questions they ask are simple questions about your married life, that anyone with a real relationship could answer. Most people find their interviews perfunctory and even pleasant. Bro.

Oh oh.... I'm so scare about that bro..... Do u have any clue about what the question will be?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh oh.... I'm so scare about that bro..... Do u have any clue about what the question will be?

Go here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Select the Local CIS Office you will interview at, click 'Find Entries', and read through the reviews of others that have been through the process before you. It can be helpful.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

There is nothing to be scared of. You aren't certain you will even have an interview yet, and your relationship has already been vetted at the consulate. What's with the "bro?"

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.