N-o-l-a

Electronic Check and Case Number

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Our check was cashed last week and I searched the forums for an answer but all I could find was the advice that the case number was on the back of the check image. It appears that the check was processed electronically rather than the old fashioned way. Is there a way to find it out besides just waiting on the NOA1 hard copy in the mail?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our check was cashed last week and I searched the forums for an answer but all I could find was the advice that the case number was on the back of the check image. It appears that the check was processed electronically rather than the old fashioned way. Is there a way to find it out besides just waiting on the NOA1 hard copy in the mail?

Get a cup of tea, sit back, and start waiting. If you don't have reply within 4 weeks, call them.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

If you filed optional form G-1145 along with your petition, you may get an email notification of receipt of your petition by USCIS. Your receipt number is also on that email message. Though there have been reports that email messaging notification system doesn't always work. Other than that..you can only wait... :clock:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Go to your online banking account, see if the check was cashed. It should show up there with a little image file. Receipt number is on there. Go to USCIS and either type in the receipt number to check case status, or set up an account, add the case number to portfolio, click yes to email/text updates and you're ready to roll.

Edit: Og velkommen til VJ!/Welcome to VJ. If you need more info on how to obtain misc Danish docs, there's some info in my profile, some of it in Danish though.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Timeline

Depending on where the check was processed, the receipt number on the check, and on the email reply sent via the G-1145, may not be the same as your case number, so until you get your NOA #1, you may not be able to check your case status.

Edited by ☼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The email notification doesn't always work, I filed for it and didn't receive it. Just wait for NOA1. Nothing is going to happen with it for months anyways so take a deep breath, relax, and try not to go crazy waiting.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

9/19/11: I-129F Sent

9/22/11: I-129F NOA1

2/8/12: I-129F RFE

3/5/12: I-129F RFE Reply Sent

(RFE details can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365210-rfe-primary-vs-secondary-evidence-feed-back-please/)

3/14/12: I-129F NOA2 (Approved!)

3/20/12: NVC Received Petition

3/29/12: Petition Left NVC

4/19/12: Consulate Received Petition

4/30/12: Packet 3 Notification Received by Petitioner in US

5/11/12: Packet 3 Received by Beneficiary in Canada

5/28/12: Packet 3 Returned via DHL

6/5/12: Packet 3 Received by Consulate, said they'd emailed Packet 4 (haven't received)

8/2/12: Consulate Interview at Montreal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Go to your online banking account, see if the check was cashed. It should show up there with a little image file. Receipt number is on there. Go to USCIS and either type in the receipt number to check case status, or set up an account, add the case number to portfolio, click yes to email/text updates and you're ready to roll.

Edit: Og velkommen til VJ!/Welcome to VJ. If you need more info on how to obtain misc Danish docs, there's some info in my profile, some of it in Danish though.

I think that they processed the check as an ACH debit and hence there is no check image. I guess I'm going to have to learn some patience and deal with lots of waiting :)

My Danish is pretty sub par, but I'll have my fiance take a look at it if need be.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think that they processed the check as an ACH debit and hence there is no check image. I guess I'm going to have to learn some patience and deal with lots of waiting :)

My Danish is pretty sub par, but I'll have my fiance take a look at it if need be.

Okay. Well, as exciting it is to get started and having an official document in the hands, it's also a sneaky way of getting you sucked into the whole impatient waiting game. Do a countdown to your next visit rather than focus on the petition.

:)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.