kcbowhunter

annullment information

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i have been watching this forum for a year now. My fiancee has been going thru anullment process for last year. My question is what papers does she have to have before i file K-1 petition. From what i have been able to learn is what is required is judges final decision and certificate of nullity. My fiancee is from tne Philippines. Thanks for any info.

Edited by kcbowhunter

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello i have been watching this forum for a year now. My fiancee has been going thru anullment process for last year. My question is what papers does she have to have before i file K-1 petition. From what i have been able to learn is what is required is judges final decision and certificate of nullity. My fiancee is from tne Philippines. Thanks for any info.

Final court decree is definitely required.

I'm sure you will get more information on the topic if you post in Phillipines regional forum.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Final court decree is definitely required.

I'm sure you will get more information on the topic if you post in Phillipines regional forum.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Hello, i have been watching vj for last year while fiancee goes thru annullment. We are close to end of annullment process. My question is what is required for proof of free to marry. From what i have found out so far as to what is required is copy judges final decision and certificate of nullity. Any advice would be appreciated. Bty my fiancee is from Philippines

Filed: Timeline

Hello, i have been watching vj for last year while fiancee goes thru annullment. We are close to end of annullment process. My question is what is required for proof of free to marry. From what i have found out so far as to what is required is copy judges final decision and certificate of nullity. Any advice would be appreciated. Bty my fiancee is from Philippines

She will need a CENOMAR, the NSO certified marriage contract with annotation, and she will have to pass the psychological evaluation at SLEC, in addition to her medical examination.

Edited by ☼

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You should not be filing or he should not "propose" to you until after annulment is final.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For sure do not file the I-129F until the anullment is finalized, your fiancee has to be FREE TO MARRY at the time of filing. So be patient.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I am a Filipina working in a Family Court that handles annulment here in the Philippines. Your fiancee will need the decision of the annulment, entry of judgment, then the decree of annulment. Then she need to secure copy of the marriage contract with the annulment annotated on it. A total of four documents. BTW, if there is already a decision, she need to wait 20 days from receipt of the Solicitor General of copy of her decision before she can secure the entry of judgment. After securing the Entry of Judgment, she will have to register the same to the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage took place. The said office will transmit the same to the NSO. She will show the Court what date the LCR transmitted the documents to the NSO. With the proof of receipt of the NSO, the Court will then issue the Decree of Annulment. After 15 days from receipt of the NSO of her documents, she can now request for copy of the marriage contract with the annotated annulment proceedings. She need to request for at least 4 copies for future use.

I am a Filipina working in a Family Court that handles annulment here in the Philippines. Your fiancee will need the decision of the annulment, entry of judgment, then the decree of annulment. Then she need to secure copy of the marriage contract with the annulment annotated on it. A total of four documents. BTW, if there is already a decision, she need to wait 20 days from receipt of the Solicitor General of copy of her decision before she can secure the entry of judgment. After securing the Entry of Judgment, she will have to register the same to the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage took place. The said office will transmit the same to the NSO. She will show the Court what date the LCR transmitted the documents to the NSO. With the proof of receipt of the NSO, the Court will then issue the Decree of Annulment. After 15 days from receipt of the NSO of her documents, she can now request for copy of the marriage contract with the annotated annulment proceedings. She need to request for at least 4 copies for future use.

:wow: This is good information. It's the most complete description of the process I've seen here on VJ. Thanks for posting! :thumbs:

:star:Bookmarked. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs: I had an annulment couple of years ago, you will need the cenomar with the annotated marriage contract, entry of judgment and the decree of annulment.. :)

TIMELINE

I-129F sent - 03/09/11

NOA1 - 03/25/11

NOA2 - 05/23/11

Interview date - 08/10/11

US Entry - 09/22/11 POE - Minneapolis/St.Paul

Married - 10/07/11

AOS/EAD Filed - 11/01/11

NOA1 - 11/04/11

Biometric Notice rec'd- 11/09/11

Biometric Appointment - 12/07/11

AOS transferred to CSC- 11/28/11

EAD approval - 01/09/12

EAD on hand - 01/17/12

GC Approved - 03/09/12

• 1 year later...

Hi I just want to ask is it enough evidence my Decision (signed by Judge), Certificate Entry of Judgment (signed by court clerk), and Marriage Certificate (from NSO annotated). is this all enough to show as evidence? What is Decree of Annulment? I ask court clerk said I need to file motion for custody of my son they they will issue me a Decree of Annulment. Please help..

Thank you.

Please Help .... I have on my hand is Decision, Certificate Entry of Judgment, and NSO Marriage Certificate annotated. Is this enough evidence to file K1 Visa? What is Decree of Annulment? I heard this is important document. I called the court clerk said I need to file motion custody of my son before they issue me a Decree of Annulment. Please help I am stress out and I do not know is it enough.

Thank you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.