Steph&Alex

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi! We're in the limbo of waiting for our petition to move around and such. I called the NVC yesterday and they told me it had been sent off to the London embassy on the 9th and gave me our case number. I know you're not supposed to schedule your medical until you get packet three, but i heard if you have your case number and know that the embassy has processed your papers it's okay to schedule your medical. I figure if it was sent off on the 9th a week to get there and two to process. So if we schedule his medical for june 1st would it be safe? or is it best to just wait? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Bad idea. It stated in our case complete email not to schedule until you have appointment date as my hubby would need the appointment letter for the medical.They will not see you for the medical unless you have a printed copy of the appointment letter. No exceptions they told me. Our case is complete at the NVC and I wanted to schedule ours but we were told it's a big no no...hope this helps

That last reply was completely wrong. You don't need your interview date to schedule your medical. Jodie scheduled hers after she received her packet 3, you know then that your case has been received.

Hey mimolicious, quit giving BS information.

You wont even get an interview letter until you fill out the DS-2001, the letter to the embassy letting them know you have submitted all forms and medical to get an interview.

It normally only takes a couple of days for your medical to get there, they will also need your police certificate which they will make a copy of and send it to the embassy along with your medical results.

I would suggest having all the forms ready to go, do your medical, then ship off your "packet 3"

8/31/2011 I-129f sent... Come on...no whammies

9/8/11 NOA1

1/5/12 NOA2 whammies averted Just follow the guides people, it isn't rocket science

2/27/12 Medical

3/6/12 Packet 3 sent

3/17/12 Packet 4 received

4/17/12 Interview ------- Approved

5/9/12 POE Atlanta... then off to Austin

5/26/12 Married

6/5/12 applied SS# 6/11/12 received SS#

7/17/12 AOS filed I485 I131 I765

09/18/12 - EAD/AP approved

09/26/12 - EAD/AP Card delivered

03/07/13 - AOS Approved, No interview, No RFEs

03/15/13 - Greencard received

01/17/15 - filed for 10 year greencard

09/15/15 - 10 year green card recieved, no interview.........again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! We're in the limbo of waiting for our petition to move around and such. I called the NVC yesterday and they told me it had been sent off to the London embassy on the 9th and gave me our case number. I know you're not supposed to schedule your medical until you get packet three, but i heard if you have your case number and know that the embassy has processed your papers it's okay to schedule your medical. I figure if it was sent off on the 9th a week to get there and two to process. So if we schedule his medical for june 1st would it be safe? or is it best to just wait? Thanks!

If you pay your VISA fee and then go to the online interview scheduling system, then you should get an automated e-mail sent to the email you fill out in the online appointment system. I don't know abou your consulat, but the one my fiancee will go to normally has interview dates at least 3 weeks or more out. The other poster saying it is a bad idea doesn't know what they are talking about. Your choice though. As soon as I get my NVC case number for the Embassy, my fiancee will pay her VISA fee and we will schedule her interview. She will then go do her medical at last 1-2 weeks before the interview date. Good Luck.

OP -- ignore the advice of those not going through London. Each consulate is different, and the advice given by those going through Jordan and the Philippines is incorrect for your case. Better to heed Shawn here, as his fiancee has just gone through the process in London.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

So if we schedule his medical for june 1st would it be safe? or is it best to just wait? Thanks!

If you planned ahead and have your police certificate, then that's a perfect idea. Otherwise figure in time to receive it before the medical date. Have you read the pinned thread for K1s at the top of this UK forum? I will be helpful.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you for the London advice!!! He got his police certificate in the mail two days ago so that's all set. I think we'll go ahead and schedule it for either June 1st or the week after. Thanks again!

Timeline

Nich-Nick, sorry I don't know how to quote, but I have read most of the pinned thread about the process and it has been a wealth of useful information that I'd probably die without. I just wanted to get opinions because I'm super impatient haha.

Thank you for the London advice!!! He got his police certificate in the mail two days ago so that's all set. I think we'll go ahead and schedule it for either June 1st or the week after. Thanks again!

Good news. Your case arrived in London Friday morning. I think this is it http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/us/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.shtml?shipperReference=EXP+08+MAY+2012A&fromDayValue=09&fromMonthValue=05&fromYearValue=2012&toDayValue=11&toMonthValue=05&toYearValue=2012&accountNumber=&countryCodeIndex=220&countryCode=gb

I don't think even May 25 is too soon for an appointment or any of the next week. Just please please have your shots before you go, or pay Knightsbridge. It will be so worth it to get everything recorded on your DS-3025 immunization sheet from Knightsbridge. Will save you mega hassles in US to get that part precisely right.

Here's how to quote: Click "Reply" in the light blue bar at the end of the post. It opens the reply page with the quote there. You type under it. If you don't want to quote, click the big blue "Add Reply" at the end of the thread (or page).

Even fancier: If you wanted to quote two different people, click "Multiquote" in the posts you want to quote, then go to the big blue "Add Reply" button at the end of the thread (or page). It pops in everything you clicked multiquote on. If you just want to quote a sentence or two, delete the parts you don't want. Make sure to leave the quote and /quote tags at the beginning and end with the [ ] brackets around them.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Good news. Your case arrived in London Friday morning. I think this is it http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/us/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.shtml?shipperReference=EXP+08+MAY+2012A&fromDayValue=09&fromMonthValue=05&fromYearValue=2012&toDayValue=11&toMonthValue=05&toYearValue=2012&accountNumber=&countryCodeIndex=220&countryCode=gb

I don't think even May 25 is too soon for an appointment or any of the next week. Just please please have your shots before you go, or pay Knightsbridge. It will be so worth it to get everything recorded on your DS-3025 immunization sheet from Knightsbridge. Will save you mega hassles in US to get that part precisely right.

Here's how to quote: Click "Reply" in the light blue bar at the end of the post. It opens the reply page with the quote there. You type under it. If you don't want to quote, click the big blue "Add Reply" at the end of the thread (or page).

Even fancier: If you wanted to quote two different people, click "Multiquote" in the posts you want to quote, then go to the big blue "Add Reply" button at the end of the thread (or page). It pops in everything you clicked multiquote on. If you just want to quote a sentence or two, delete the parts you don't want. Make sure to leave the quote and /quote tags at the beginning and end with the [ ] brackets around them.

Thanks, just giving it a go haha. Just talked to him about his shots and he plans to just have them do it if he's missing any. He has his records now and we checked them against it and we don't think he's missing anything other than a flu shot.

Just wondering where you found the DHL information? Thanks you are a saint!

Thanks, just giving it a go haha. Just talked to him about his shots and he plans to just have them do it if he's missing any. He has his records now and we checked them against it and we don't think he's missing anything other than a flu shot.

Just wondering where you found the DHL information? Thanks you are a saint!

It's an old trick I remember from 2008 and it still worked. Yay.

I don't have time to do a good detail so here's the brief version

DHL website for USA. Find track by reference.

Reference is day before it shipped. You said it left May 9

Yours: EXP 08 MAY 2012A (months are 3 letters so JAN FEB MAR)

I picked a ship date range of May 8-11.

You used to have to sift through pages of shipments to all the countries. Now I found there is a handy dropdown to pick UK. Sweet! Acct is number left blank.

Play with it. Change the reference up slightly if there's a weekend in there.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.