25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

:rofl: The "leg cramp" or "Tummy pain" or even "back pain" from the baby she is carrying....It is not the driving.... it is the "bun in the oven" which worries me most, Asawa ko not working has helped a lot. but.... imagine a "sharp kick from the bun in the oven" at the wrong time while learning to drive.... AZ is sort of easy for a license. It is teaching her what monsoon means and AZ stupid motorists law.

I am just glad this is a "card" now versus two separate forms... it just makes sense now why there are only 2 NOA1's instead of 3.

No it doesn't explain 2 NOA1's instead of 3... You should still get separate NOA1's, it's just the final product that is combined... What NOA1 are you missing? Because if you're missing one you should call about it because even though MOST people get combo cards, single EAD's are still available for those who don't file AP, or AP papers are sent for those that don't apply for EAD.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

filed I-485 (AOS) and i-131 (AP) plus I-765 (EAD) all at same time in one packet. Got the I-131 and I-485. Figured the I-765 was part of the I-131.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

At least now I know why on the form I-765. She did not sign it. Waiting for I-797c on the I-485 so I can re-file.... just another day in the neighborhood......

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

At least now I know why on the form I-765. She did not sign it. Waiting for I-797c on the I-485 so I can re-file.... just another day in the neighborhood......

Ahh yep. Hopefully she'll still get the combo card but because of the delayed i-765 she might not. Not the end of the world either way. You will probably get an RFE for the I-765. You can either wait for the RFE or file it separately (with the AOS NOA1)

Timeline

They rejected the I-765 for no signature, plus amount was wrong (no payment since filed with I-485). But because of no signature, it was rejected. Once I get the I-797c from the I-485 which should be in the mailbox in a day or two. We will send the I765 back in. I figure it will be delayed, but the I-131 and I-765 will join back up. I was trying to get her SSN before the baby was born. Now not so sure. The baby may have her SSN before her mom. I was hoping to do her Biometrics by memorial day. Now it will be Mid-June. Ah well, such is life. Thought she had signed all forms. Just missed checking one. least important of the 3 to us but still just as important.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

They rejected the I-765 for no signature, plus amount was wrong (no payment since filed with I-485). But because of no signature, it was rejected. Once I get the I-797c from the I-485 which should be in the mailbox in a day or two. We will send the I765 back in. I figure it will be delayed, but the I-131 and I-765 will join back up. I was trying to get her SSN before the baby was born. Now not so sure. The baby may have her SSN before her mom. I was hoping to do her Biometrics by memorial day. Now it will be Mid-June. Ah well, such is life. Thought she had signed all forms. Just missed checking one. least important of the 3 to us but still just as important.

The AP and EAD aren't "joined". Hopefully the EAD isn't delayed long enough to cause you to get the single AP and EAD but it's not a huge deal if she doesn't.

Why didn't you get her SSN before her I-94 expired? Either way.... you were marred 7 days before her I-94 expired. She has 131 days of overstay. I would NOT use AP when she gets it. Though she MIGHT be okay AP does not guarantee re-entry and she does have a lot of overstay. EAD is more impt than AP to get her SSN so she can start being more "normal". SSN, drivers licence/state ID etc etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So has anyone received the new AP and EAD card? Supposed to be one card instead of separate forms now provided you file with the I-485. Has anyone seen these?

My wife received a single card with both AP and EAD and her picture of course..

Timeline

we refiled the EAD, it was received yesterday. The EAD/AP card is to get her SSN and get her on the bank accounts. Driver's license, you do not need a SSN in Arizona, just a valid passport. We had debated the AOS filing due to her pregnancy, and finally decided to file it because of the 180 days issue. (we wanted to avoid it. plus when reading the forms instructions, I could not find a valid reason for waiting.) It took us a while for I-693 because of trying to find a CS, I finally gave up.

We hope to go back to Philippines in September/October (1 year from her leaving), but not sure IF we will yet. We will be checking her AP BEFORE we leave, just to be certain. However, based on timelines expect GC by Labor day.

She has biometrics on May 30, so I am hoping the EAD catches it. I sent in the AOS I-797c plus a copy of the AP I-797c as well.

I was frustrated over the rejection of the EAD form. It was the one form I did not check to make sure it was signed. I helped her review the forms, and made sure all the documents were there for each form. I watched her sign the I-485 and I-131, but I was distracted on other forms because of copying and did not check the I-765.

I hope the AP and EAD should join back up in the next week, but will have to wait and see.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Before making any plans to travel abroad, all individuals with pending applications for adjustment of status, relief under NACARA 203, or asylum are urged to consult an immigration attorney or immigration assistance organization accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals, or by calling USCIS’ Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

interesting reading uscis press releases by topic

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.