Barry2005

How bad is this news for me?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So I called the National visa center today and found out I was in administrative processing. I called a second time to make sure I understood...extra processing security checks ect.....

I am worried. Should I be? She said it was a random thing. What should I expect and how much time will this cost me. I try not to worry my girl unnecessarily, but should I tell her yet?

Hope this is nothing....or it could be just like the CSC but worse and longer!

I would appreciate any thoughts thanks!

Barry2005,

Sorry to hear of this turn of events. Sadly, there is no simple answer to your question. AP can last a short time or worse. Just hang in there as best as you can. Hopefully, it will be fast processing for you.

I wish you the best in a fast clearance. :thumbs:

So I called the National visa center today and found out I was in administrative processing. I called a second time to make sure I understood...extra processing security checks ect.....

I am worried. Should I be? She said it was a random thing. What should I expect and how much time will this cost me. I try not to worry my girl unnecessarily, but should I tell her yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Our petition was in "administrative processing" for 2 weeks. This is normal, and is the stock answer that they give until they send it on to the Consulate or Embassy.

Nothing to worry about.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Our petition was in "administrative processing" for 2 weeks. This is normal, and is the stock answer that they give until they send it on to the Consulate or Embassy.

Nothing to worry about.

Thanks to God! I hope that is all it is and I will postpone my "bad news" letter to my fiancee a few weeks. I was sick after hearing someone over 2 years on admin processing. After the CSC I can't take much more of this without an attitude adjustment. It makes me ask myself how long I could wait.

If this is a RANDOM "administrative processing/review" how long would it take? I know there is probably no real answer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nothing to worry about.

I didn't think it was "normal". From what I have seen some cases get picked for security checks before they send it to the Consulate. I didn't think this was the normal answer when calling the NVC. Usually they get your case, assign the number, and ship it out. Hopefully the processing won't be too long. There is someone going through the ME who has been stuck at the NVC for 16 months and her case still hasn't even gotten to the Consulate. I doubt that would happen to you cause it's Russia not the ME... good luck,

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nothing to worry about.

I didn't think it was "normal". From what I have seen some cases get picked for security checks before they send it to the Consulate. I didn't think this was the normal answer when calling the NVC. Usually they get your case, assign the number, and ship it out. Hopefully the processing won't be too long. There is someone going through the ME who has been stuck at the NVC for 16 months and her case still hasn't even gotten to the Consulate. I doubt that would happen to you cause it's Russia not the ME... good luck,

Sarah

Name checks are done at all levels, NVC dose name checks. See: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Barry,

Let us just pray that it goes by fast for you.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I saw your post concerning the admn. review your case was placed under.

I am from Russia, and my fiance and I have had our approved K-1 petition under admin. review for full 9 months now, since March, 2006.

And no news yet...we have been writing and calling the NVC ever since we got word from them about this review, but all we ever hear from them is -- you are still ander this review, wait and we will let you know when all the clearances are completed.

Thank God, Allen (my fiance) and I have been able to travel to Europe regularly to meet and spend some time together; otherwise, this waiting and not knowing would be too hard to bear.

I hope you case moves forward soon, and doesn't take as long as ours has.

Good luck, and God bless,

Ola

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it takes forever. Good luck!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry, happens all the time, hang in there it wont be long

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.