Vuorilla

Application sent to the wrong address

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I think I made a major mistake in my application: I sent my fiancée visa application directly to the Vermont Service Center instead of to a lockbox. The address that I sent my application to was

USCIS Vermont Service Center

Attn: I-129F

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

What is going to happen next? According to the USPS, my package was received on April 23rd - 15 days ago - and I haven't got any notice from them yet, no NOA-1, no e-mail, no text message, no cashed check...

:-( :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will be delayed for your petition because of not reading and following the instructions. You just have to wait.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Will the package be sent back to me, or will it be processed anyways?

Do you have an idea of the delay that I will incur? Is it a matter of days, weeks or months?

Depending on what they choose to do it could be weeks / months. If they choose to forward it to the correct location after that, it will be sent back to one of the service centers, it could be a few weeks/ month delay doing this.

If they choose to send it back to you, you likely would have gotten it back already.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Will the package be sent back to me, or will it be processed anyways?

Do you have an idea of the delay that I will incur? Is it a matter of days, weeks or months?

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the almost 2 year old notice informing folks of the correct address to send their I-129F petitions, USCIS filing address notice. In the notice they indicate that they will likely send the entire petition package back to you for re-submission to the correct address. Although, recently I have seen where the service centers forward the petition package to the Dallas TX Lockbox location. Hard to say which course of action will take place... Hopefully you will only have a delay of at a couple of days, though it could involve weeks or months (?)...... Hopefully it won't get lost in the mail. Refer to pages 4-5 of the Form I-129F instructions, for the correct filing instructions.

The best rule to follow in these immigration matters is the FOLLOW THE PRINTED INSTRUCTIONS. :thumbs:

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You made copies of everything, right? Put together another package, cancel the check, and send a new one to the proper address. Don't forget to get those original signatures re-done though.

Thank you all for your replies.

Good idea, Coconuts. So if I cancel the check in the first application, they will mail everything back to me?

I think that is what I am going to do, so I can hopefully get an NOA-1 by next week.

I have no idea if they'll mail everything back to you. They may, they may not. I'd assume they won't and start a new package.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Did they cash your check? If not, cancel it, then re-file to the right address.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Timeline

One more question,

On the I-129-F form, question 11 asks:

11: Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?

Should I tick "yes" or "no"? I guess that my first application will be canceled and won't count, in this case I should tick "no", but I just want to be on the safe side! :-)

Thank you again, great forum!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would suggest that you wait and see what the outcome is of your first mis-addressed petition. Throwing more paper and money at USCIS may only tend to further complicate your situation and compound your problem. :blink:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I would suggest that you wait and see what the outcome is of your first mis-addressed petition. Throwing more paper and money at USCIS may only tend to further complicate your situation and compound your problem. :blink:

This has happened recently with a few VJ people which is why i didn't advise canceling the check. They got RFE for insufficient funds when the check wouldn't clear etc and messed up their process completely. The USCIS processed 2 petitions for 1 person because they never canceled the other then denied the payed petition and kept the unpayed one asking for payment for a second time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This has happened recently with a few VJ people which is why i didn't advise canceling the check. They got RFE for insufficient funds when the check wouldn't clear etc and messed up their process completely. The USCIS processed 2 petitions for 1 person because they never canceled the other then denied the payed petition and kept the unpayed one asking for payment for a second time.

good.gif I wouldn't cancel the check either, especially after what happened recently to a member. Here's the link to his posts http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350304-lost-petition-found-and-delivered-problem/

Wait, so ... USCIS processed the petition anyway, even if the check had been canceled? :blink: I thought Vermont/California weren't even processing the payments anymore?

Edited by Coconuts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.