^_^

Shiftless Europeans vote for handouts, against personal responsibility

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the beginning of the end of Europe?

53 posts in this topic

More likely, Greece will be kicked out of the Eurozone.

Today, a European Central Bank executive board member, for the first time raised the possibility of a Greek exit from the euro – an option the ECB had previously refused to acknowledge in public.

If that happens it's still a default. And who eats it? Germans for the most part. They have given Greece billions so far and the chances of them ever being paid back are about as good as me winning the lottery.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It's all just a Republican conspiracy to get Greece to renege on its bailout agreement, reject austerity measures and regenerate the global banking crisis, so causing the US economy to tank once more, make the President's economic record become an albatross around the neck of his reelection chances and lead to the election of Mitt Romney, the savior of World Capitalism.

And .......... breathe ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline
If that happens it's still a default. And who eats it? Germans for the most part. They have given Greece billions so far and the chances of them ever being paid back are about as good as me winning the lottery.

Germany has gotten more out of the Euro zone that it will ever pay. The huge German trade surplus means that other nations run a trade deficit. Most of those nations are part of the Euro zone. Without them as consumers, Germany's economy goes down the drain.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Germany has gotten more out of the Euro zone that it will ever pay. The huge German trade surplus means that other nations run a trade deficit. Most of those nations are part of the Euro zone. Without them as consumers, Germany's economy goes down the drain.

The US is not part of the Euro zone - that doesn't prevent Germany from exporting goods to the US.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

The US is not part of the Euro zone - that doesn't prevent Germany from exporting goods to the US.

Depends whether or not they can produce the goods at a low enough price to make them marketable in the US. It is hard to compete with China and South Korea. Daimler-Chrysler-Jeep currently has the lowest customer satisfaction of any of the manufacturers currently selling automobiles in the US. So much for German precision.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Depends whether or not they can produce the goods at a low enough price to make them marketable in the US. It is hard to compete with China and South Korea. Daimler-Chrysler-Jeep currently has the lowest customer satisfaction of any of the manufacturers currently selling automobiles in the US. So much for German precision.

I don't think the company exists any longer. They went their separate ways long ago.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I don't think the company exists any longer. They went their separate ways long ago.

About three years ago.

On May 14, 2007, DaimlerChrysler announced the sale of 80.1% of Chrysler Group to American private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., thereafter known as Chrysler LLC, although Daimler (renamed as Daimler AG) continued to hold a 19.9% stake.The deal was finalized on August 3, 2007. On April 27, 2009, Daimler AG signed a binding agreement to give up its remaining 19.9% stake in Chrysler LLC to Cerberus Capital Management and pay as much as $600 million into the automaker's pension fund

Edited by ☼