10 posts in this topic

Hi all, i have finally recevied my visa and got married, i'm preparing the AOS package, and i have some problems, hopefully someone will be able to help!

1- i can't find the new version of the I-131 form!!

2- do i have to fill out the form I-693, take it to a civil surgeon to complete the form and send it with the package? and what sealed medical package are they talking about ? i have only one envelope with a cd in it that has my chest x-ray and i already opened it while i was in England( not sealed anymore) is it gonna be a probem and what document do i have to send with I-693 form ??

3- can you please tell me if i'm missing anything

Check in the amount of $1010.00 or 1070.00 ? and what do i have to write on the check ?

-I-485

-Copy of passport.( fiancee)

-Copy of Visa.

-Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F.

-Copy of wife's I-94 (front and back)

-Copy of original birth certificate ( fiancee and usc)

-Copy of marriage certificate.** CERTIFIED copy

-SIX passport pics for the I-765 form, G325a form and I-131 form (2 pics per form)

-G-325

-I-693

-I-864 plus supporting documents plus I-864 from co-sponsor and supporting documents, and can the co-sponsor be anyone who is a US citizen ??

-I-765

-I-131

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, i have finally recevied my visa and got married, i'm preparing the AOS package, and i have some problems, hopefully someone will be able to help!

2- do i have to fill out the form I-693, take it to a civil surgeon to complete the form and send it with the package? and what sealed medical package are they talking about ? i have only one envelope with a cd in it that has my chest x-ray and i already opened it while i was in England( not sealed anymore) is it gonna be a probem and what document do i have to send with I-693 form ??

Check in the amount of $1010.00 or 1070.00 ? and what do i have to write on the check ?

-I-485

-Copy of Visa.

-SIX passport pics for the I-765 form, G325a form and I-131 form (2 pics per form)

-G-325

-I-693

-I-864 plus supporting documents plus I-864 from co-sponsor and supporting documents, and can the co-sponsor be anyone who is a US citizen ??

-I-765

-I-131

thank you

Read through everything in the VJ guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Also, VJ member Vanessa&Tony made a great guide that lists very clearly what you need to send for each and every form: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

The fee listed in her guide shows $1010, but it went up to $1070 since she made that post, and she cannot edit it to change it in the original post. You can always find the correct fee amount in the form instructions, which you should always read through anyway. The I-485 instructions list the fees as a $985 filing fee plus an $85 biometric fee for a total of $1070.

The most up to date forms can be found directly from the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you had all the required vaccinations at the time of your medical, then you just need to send a copy of your DS-3025 and do not need to see a civil surgeon. This can be true even if your DS-3025 is marked incomplete, may be eligible for blanket waiver. See this post for what you need to have marked on your DS-3025 in order to skip the I-693 ans CS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

There are lots of posts about the I-693, so you can just search VJ to come up with lots of results on the topic.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

-I-485

-Copy of Visa.

-G-325

-I-693

-I-765

-I-131

thank you

Congratulations!!

Take a look at the guide's K1/K3 AOS guide for more information.

As noted on the USCIS I-131 webpage,, previous versions are still accepted.

:time: This helps everyone using the forum.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Barbados
Timeline

Read through everything in the VJ guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Also, VJ member Vanessa&Tony made a great guide that lists very clearly what you need to send for each and every form: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

The fee listed in her guide shows $1010, but it went up to $1070 since she made that post, and she cannot edit it to change it in the original post. You can always find the correct fee amount in the form instructions, which you should always read through anyway. The I-485 instructions list the fees as a $985 filing fee plus an $85 biometric fee for a total of $1070.

The most up to date forms can be found directly from the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you had all the required vaccinations at the time of your medical, then you just need to send a copy of your DS-3025 and do not need to see a civil surgeon. This can be true even if your DS-3025 is marked incomplete, may be eligible for blanket waiver. See this post for what you need to have marked on your DS-3025 in order to skip the I-693 ans CS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

There are lots of posts about the I-693, so you can just search VJ to come up with lots of results on the topic.

Filed: Country: Barbados
Timeline

The medical they talking about is from the civil surgeon, and your not suppose to open any thing send them in to them as they give u. If u only have the chest x- ray u have to wait for the vaccinations report to sent in. repeat do not open any thing.

Timeline

The medical they talking about is from the civil surgeon, and your not suppose to open any thing send them in to them as they give u. If u only have the chest x- ray u have to wait for the vaccinations report to sent in. repeat do not open any thing.

It sounded to me like they were speaking about the x-ray from their medical in England done by a panel physician. They had not been to a civil surgeon in the US yet to get an I-693. I assumed they opened an envelope that was meant for them from their medical, as in their own records to keep. The x-ray is given to the beneficiary and it is theirs to keep. You do not hand it in to anyone. The sealed envelope you get when receiving your visa is the envelope containing your entire case file and is not to be opened and handed in at your POE.

If you see a CS, then they will complete an I-693 and seal it in an envelope to include in your AOS paperwork. They should also give you a copy of the I-693 that is sealed in the envelope. The I-693 is nothing secret.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thank y'all for the help, my medical examination is still valid, so does that mean the CS will take a look at my X-ray cd and then report it to the USCIS since i don't have to send the cd with the AOS package?

one more thing that by the time i had my k-1 interview in London i was still required 2 vaccinations for the AOS stage, so the authorized doctor in England gave me medical report with a sheet that said i still need to have 2 vaccinations done for the AOS( i didn't need to have vaccinations done before interview), after the interview i went to my GP and have them vaccinations done and he gave me a small piece of paper signed by him saying that i had received the required vaccinations( but the doctor that gave me the vaccination in England wasn't the same one that authorized by the U.S embassy in london)

my question is, what do i have to send with AOS package regarding medical documents?? can you please tell me what forms do i need to send or get from the CS here in the U.S to send in with AOS package? and is the CS here in the U.S will accept to certify the vaccinations record that i have got from England that was done by non authorized doctor ?

i know that's a complicated question but i hope someone can help me with that, thank you

Timeline

Thank y'all for the help, my medical examination is still valid, so does that mean the CS will take a look at my X-ray cd and then report it to the USCIS since i don't have to send the cd with the AOS package?

one more thing that by the time i had my k-1 interview in London i was still required 2 vaccinations for the AOS stage, so the authorized doctor in England gave me medical report with a sheet that said i still need to have 2 vaccinations done for the AOS( i didn't need to have vaccinations done before interview), after the interview i went to my GP and have them vaccinations done and he gave me a small piece of paper signed by him saying that i had received the required vaccinations( but the doctor that gave me the vaccination in England wasn't the same one that authorized by the U.S embassy in london)

my question is, what do i have to send with AOS package regarding medical documents?? can you please tell me what forms do i need to send or get from the CS here in the U.S to send in with AOS package? and is the CS here in the U.S will accept to certify the vaccinations record that i have got from England that was done by non authorized doctor ?

i know that's a complicated question but i hope someone can help me with that, thank you

You are not required to get another medical exam if your medical was done within the last year. It states this in the I-693 and I-485 instructions. You will need to call around until you find a CS that does not insist on giving you a new medical and charging for it too. Search for the thread here on VJ about civil surgeons that don't rip you off. You may have to call quite a few.

You will need to take your DS-3025 and the vaccinations records from the other doctor to have them transcribed onto the I-693. You can print out the I-693 from the USCIS website, fill out part 1, and take it with you as well. Do not sign it until you are told to do so at the CS's office though. You may need to print out the instructions to take with you as well, to prove to them you do not need another medical if they keep insisting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We are just waiting for our county to process our marriage certificate to send this in and are equally nervous about everything. Good luck.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Thank you , so now it's clear. the only thing that i have to send with the AOS package regarding medical is the I-693 form, it will include everthin in that regard. and i don't need to send the x-ray cd nor the DS-3025 that i received in England

i really appreciate your help guys, good luck everyone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.