141 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Glad to see so many people with June interviews! Congrats to all! I have a quick question if anyone happens to have heard/read about this... My husband was deployed for most of the time it took to get us this close to an interview, but now that he's back he can't find the copy of the i-130 packet anywhere. Will this be a problem at the interview? Unfortunately that was the only copy we made back then (foolish, I know) and it got lost somehow while he was gone from the barracks. Everything else is in order, now we're just waiting to get my medical done and we'll have an interview date (we got expedited and will get one right after the medical). I know Finland is an easy interview country, but has anyone been asked to provide/go over etc. anything in their I-130 at the interview?

Thanks so much in advance, really appreciate it. I am getting worried so close to being done altogether :(

I-130 filed September 20th, 2011

NOA-1 September 26th, 2011

NOA-2 March 20th, 2012

NVC Case # April 12th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 April 14th, 2012

AOS fee shown as PAID April 18th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 AGAIN April 20th, 2012 (no word on the previous one...)

Expedite request sent May 2nd, 2012

Expedite approved May 8th, case transferred to Helsinki Embassy!

Medical June 5th, 2012

Interview July 2nd, 2012 - APPROVED!

Visa in hand July 10th, 2012

POE August 23rd, Chicago O'Hare

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys are you sleeping? What is going on with the June interviews???????????????????? are you guys ready?

Lol they're sleeping lol.

I'm so ready to get this over with, my husband and kids had their medical done and he said that it was expensive lol

I'm in the process of trying to get a ticket so that I could fly out to be with him, but geeez those tickets are expensive!! I really want to be there with my husband even though alot of people are telling me that they probably won't let me in!!!

Any of you guys out there buy your plane tickets yet? I don't want to jinx anything by doing it ahead of time, but flights are so expensive right now, and the more we wait the more expensive they are going to be.

CR-1

September 21, 2011: Sent I-130
September 28, 2011: Check cashed
September 30, 2011: NOA1 Received-California Service Center
November 7, 2011: Touch
March 6, 2012: Received NOA2 hardcopy
NOA2 Approved 158 days after NOA1
NVC Received CaseFile: March 12, 2012
NVC Casefile Number Issued: March 21, 2012
NVC AOS and IV reflect paid: March 26, 2012
NVC AOS and IV packages sent: March 27th, 2012
Checklist received April 4, 2012--NVC lost my DS-230!
Case Complete: April 13, 2012 !!!!!!
Interview Scheduled: June 5th, 2012!!
Medical Exam Passed: May 28, 2012
Interview: PASSED!!
Port of entry: June 12th, at MIA!!!

Removal of Conditions

March 19, 2014: Sent I-751

March 21, 2014: Check Cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad to see so many people with June interviews! Congrats to all! I have a quick question if anyone happens to have heard/read about this... My husband was deployed for most of the time it took to get us this close to an interview, but now that he's back he can't find the copy of the i-130 packet anywhere. Will this be a problem at the interview? Unfortunately that was the only copy we made back then (foolish, I know) and it got lost somehow while he was gone from the barracks. Everything else is in order, now we're just waiting to get my medical done and we'll have an interview date (we got expedited and will get one right after the medical). I know Finland is an easy interview country, but has anyone been asked to provide/go over etc. anything in their I-130 at the interview?

Thanks so much in advance, really appreciate it. I am getting worried so close to being done altogether :(

Having the I-130 package at the interview will more than likely not be an issue. The consulate/embassy will have your entire file with them. If you do wish to have a copy of your package if your copy never shows back up, you can write USCIS and see if they can send you a copy, it will probably cost some money. I've never heard of anyone needing anything from their I-130 package at the interview.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Timeline

Lol they're sleeping lol.

I'm so ready to get this over with, my husband and kids had their medical done and he said that it was expensive lol

I'm in the process of trying to get a ticket so that I could fly out to be with him, but geeez those tickets are expensive!! I really want to be there with my husband even though alot of people are telling me that they probably won't let me in!!!

LOL I enjoyed my sleep after getting our interview date. Now I'm sleepless again because we leave for Montreal in three days. I've gone over our paperwork for the bazillionth time to make sure everything is in order.

Any of you guys out there buy your plane tickets yet? I don't want to jinx anything by doing it ahead of time, but flights are so expensive right now, and the more we wait the more expensive they are going to be.

We're crossing by land, very convenient for us!

I know a few that have bought their tickets in advance, for a week or two weeks after the interview, and also got insurance on them. If they had to, they could change the dates.

USCIS- 260 Days

8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
CASE COMPLETE!!

08/14/2012~ SSN Received

LOL I enjoyed my sleep after getting our interview date. Now I'm sleepless again because we leave for Montreal in three days. I've gone over our paperwork for the bazillionth time to make sure everything is in order.

I know a few that have bought their tickets in advance, for a week or two weeks after the interview, and also got insurance on them. If they had to, they could change the dates.

Thanks Sheeshkabelle! I've gone through a mental checklist of all our paperwork a ridiculous amount of times too! I'm sooo nervous...

Safe travels to Montreal!

CR-1

Removal of Conditions

Good luck to you!! I didn't realize how exhausting it was calling the NVC everyday until after we got our interview date :)

What documents are you all gathering to take to interview as for as evidence of relationship!! I'm gathering up our phone bills, Skype chats and emails, pics from wedding , someone told me to get two notorized statements from 2 family members on each side to state that they approve our marriage! Any other ideas?? How far back can you go with Skype chat conversations

Just got our interview date from email today!! today is a great day! :crying:

Hope you give yourself plenty of time between your medical exam and your interview date. My wife had an interview date for May 8 and we went one week before for the medical at St. Lukes and there was a problem. The interview was canceled and she had to do extra testing. Now she has to wait 2 months for new testing at St Lukes. Ends up being a 3 to 4 month delay. Many at St Luke have the same situation. It's not a sure thing. Good Luck.

Timeline

What documents are you all gathering to take to interview as for as evidence of relationship!! I'm gathering up our phone bills, Skype chats and emails, pics from wedding , someone told me to get two notorized statements from 2 family members on each side to state that they approve our marriage! Any other ideas?? How far back can you go with Skype chat conversations

Canada doesn't ask for relationship evidence. If they do, it's a rare. But I am taking our joint bank account statements, titles to our vehicles, car insurance and a copy of the deed to the house. Also I printed out a few pages of phone records showing phone calls to and from each other everyday, and the weekly calls I make to his parents.

If you have used skype for your entire relationship, it will go back to the beginning.

Edited by sheeshkabelle

USCIS- 260 Days

8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
CASE COMPLETE!!

08/14/2012~ SSN Received

Canada doesn't ask for relationship evidence. If they do, it's a rare. But I am taking our joint bank account statements, titles to our vehicles, car insurance and a copy of the deed to the house. Also I printed out a few pages of phone records showing phone calls to and from each other everyday, and the weekly calls I make to his parents.

If you have used skype for your entire relationship, it will go back to the beginning.

Thank you so much for the info

Filed: Timeline

In March I was hoping to join you guys, now it's looking more and more like July/August :(

To answer your question: What you need and will be asked for really depends country you're from and to an extent your relationship. While some consulates may approve you after two questions and no evidence needed, another consulate might want a suitcase full of well-organized documentation.

I don't know what the Johannesburg embassy is like, but do read the reviews here on VJ from others who have interviewed there to get an impression.

I would advise to bring any and all documentation you can just to be on the safe side. I don't know if Johannesburg has certain rules, but generally, there are no set type of evidence needed. Some might use an affidavit, some might use photographs, some might use their dog's adoption papers.. Whatever you have that would make a normal person believe your relationship is real and genuine.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

COUNTDOWN:

7 days till first june interview!

09/2011: Trying to get my wife's birth certificate (took 4 months, thx to USPS)

14/02/12: Marriage

21/02/12: I-130 package sent.

24/02/12: I-130 package arrived @ Chicago lockbox

29/02/12: NOA 1 by E-mail

29/02/12: Contacted US accountant for IRS filing.

07/03/12: NOA 2 by E-mail - Your I-130 was approved in 7 days from your NOA1 date

12/03/12: File arrived at NVC

29/03/12: Confirmation of e-mailed DS-3032

30/03/12: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill by e-mail

04/04/12: I-864 & DS-230 fee bill paid.

05/04/12: NVC payment portal shows 'paid' status.

13/04/12: Sent out DS-230 & I-864 Package

16/04/12: DS-230 & I864 package received by NVC

21/04/12: Received Checklist for proof of of residency & foreign tax

25/04/12: Sent out reply on checklist

01/05/12: Telephone confirmation of a closed case!

11/05/12: Case complete e-mail and interview date

23/05/12: Medical

05/06/12: Interview!

event.png

In March I was hoping to join you guys, now it's looking more and more like July/August :(

To answer your question: What you need and will be asked for really depends country you're from and to an extent your relationship. While some consulates may approve you after two questions and no evidence needed, another consulate might want a suitcase full of well-organized documentation.

I don't know what the Johannesburg embassy is like, but do read the reviews here on VJ from others who have interviewed there to get an impression.

I would advise to bring any and all documentation you can just to be on the safe side. I don't know if Johannesburg has certain rules, but generally, there are no set type of evidence needed. Some might use an affidavit, some might use photographs, some might use their dog's adoption papers.. Whatever you have that would make a normal person believe your relationship is real and genuine.

I appreciate this info thanks , our interview is a couple weeks away and I'm getting nervous and excited!!im so ready to be with my husband

COUNTDOWN:

7 days till first june interview!

Let the countdown begin!!

We're taking about 500 photos (including our wedding album), plane tickets, our party favor from the wedding, skype conversations and phone records. Apparently the Buenos Aires embassy loves pictures but rarely asks for any of the other evidence...we'll see!

5 days until the first June interview!!!!!! :dance::dance:

CR-1

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.