Sveta & Ron

ukraine customs declaration

29 posts in this topic

anyone knows where i can find a copy of ukraine's declaration form for kiev airport ... I am bringing 2 suitcases mostly of gifts for sveta and her family along with give her a laptop computer i will also bring my laptops for my business use while there would i need fill out a declaration form? from what i read the answer is no but i rather be ahead of it and have it filled out before i leave houston if can find a copy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

anyone knows where i can find a copy of ukraine's declaration form for kiev airport ... I am bringing 2 suitcases mostly of gifts for sveta and her family along with give her a laptop computer i will also bring my laptops for my business use while there would i need fill out a declaration form? from what i read the answer is no but i rather be ahead of it and have it filled out before i leave houston if can find a copy

They use to hand it out on airplane, but they stopped using it. You declare in person after passport control.

They use to hand it out on airplane, but they stopped using it. You declare in person after passport control.

I think this is correct. They use to have them as you walked up to customs but I have heard they did away with them. :unsure:

I say good riddance. They were just so dubious and I was always afraid of losing it. I'm glad they are gone, but with the plans for the upcoming soccer/futbol tournament, watch for changes. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You do not need to fill anything out, just go in the GREEN "nothing to declare" line. They will give you a form when you ebter the passport control area which you list your name and address where you are staying on. It is the Ukrainian equivilent of an I-94. No worries. They rarely even ask anything, just show your passport and smile.

I think this is correct. They use to have them as you walked up to customs but I have heard they did away with them. :unsure:

I say good riddance. They were just so dubious and I was always afraid of losing it. I'm glad they are gone, but with the plans for the upcoming soccer/futbol tournament, watch for changes. :thumbs:

Belay my last. They DID do away with that, I did not need it last year. Just pick up your bags and walk out the GREEN line.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You do not need to fill anything out, just go in the GREEN "nothing to declare" line. They will give you a form when you ebter the passport control area which you list your name and address where you are staying on. It is the Ukrainian equivilent of an I-94. No worries. They rarely even ask anything, just show your passport and smile.

Belay my last. They DID do away with that, I did not need it last year. Just pick up your bags and walk out the GREEN line.

They always ask me if i bring any gifts or if i have gold...???

Timeline

I had never had my bags searched until last September. They asked us to put are bags on the x-ray-they went right through and never stopped us(bags were full of gifts, cloths, liquor, etc). I have my bags searched on the way out looking for gold and silver but never had a problem on the way in.

i remember last year was such a pain in the rear no pen and little light and everyone crowed eachother for place to write also as i talk to sveta today we talked about wish we was getting married this visit i tell as hard as it is if not wait few more months then we waisted time and money on k1 and would have start anew if that happens then i would just move to ukraine and run my business from there till she has visa

Timeline

They always ask me if i bring any gifts or if i have gold...???

Of course you do not have gifts. Actually they have never aslked me anything that I recall. Not even a word. I have been asked when leaving if I have any Ukrainian cash, I always tell them "no". We always have some, we keep a bit of UAH and Rubles for when we arrive to pay a taxi or something before we get to an ATM.

Gary And Alla

I've been to Ukraine 3 times in last year. I have brought plenty of gifts and electronics, and had never had any issues. Just walk the GREEN line.

There is no declaration to fill out. So easy as 1-2-3

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

In my visit to Ukraine in Dec 2011/Jan 2012, I had many gifts for Anna. I never even thought to declare anything, and they never asked. My bags did go through their little X-ray machine, but no one asked me anything beyond how long I was staying in Ukraine and where.

Edited by Chris & Anna

K1 timeline

01/30/2012 - Sent I-129F

02/07/2012 - Received electronic NOA1

02/07/2012 - Check cashed

02/11/2012 - Received hard copy NOA1

06/22/2012 - Received electronic NOA2

06/28/2012 - Received hard copy NOA2

07/16/2012 - NVC received petition, case number assigned

07/17/2012 - NVC sent petition to Kiev

07/19/2012 - Embassy received petition.

08/09/2012 - Interview in Kiev

08/23/2012 - Entry at Pittsburgh, PA

11/02/2012 - Got married!

Timeline

One suggestion...we bring craploads of gifts each time we go, mostly "almost free" clothes. I do not think any of Alla's girlfriends have had to buy a new winter coat since she moved here. :lol:

Take the tags off and packaging, pack them like regular clothes. Remove the laptop from the box and get a nylon carry case for it, just a cheap one. If anyone asks, it is all your stuff. I keep forgetting to bring my stuff back with me. oops.

We usually have 2 entire suitcase loaded with gifts and 1-3 laptops when we go. So far we have two laptops for this summer. Alla's friends order them from BestBuy online and then set them up for "store pickup" at the store near us. They pay for them with their credit card, we just deliver them. In that case, technically, they are not "gifts" but they are still avoiding Ukraine prioces and import duties so I am guessing it would be frowned upon. :P

But again, I have never been checked or asked anything going into Ukraine.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I had never had my bags searched until last September. They asked us to put are bags on the x-ray-they went right through and never stopped us(bags were full of gifts, cloths, liquor, etc). I have my bags searched on the way out looking for gold and silver but never had a problem on the way in.

Same here they never look on the way in, but open and search on way out! :wacko:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Timeline

I've been to Ukraine 7 times since February 2005 and brought gifts each time. The Ukrainian customs form will be given to you on the airplane....take a pen with you! It's never a problem....they don't smile alot, but just their nature....bored out of their minds...:) Congratulations!

I've been to Ukraine 7 times since February 2005 and brought gifts each time. The Ukrainian customs form will be given to you on the airplane....take a pen with you! It's never a problem....they don't smile alot, but just their nature....bored out of their minds...:) Congratulations!

There is no Ukrainian customs form. I just been in Ukraine in February and did not had to fill out anything, just got my luggage and went thru GREEN line.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.