sara sunshine

Having two cases at the same time

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend has recently applied for a fiance visa for us. but the problem I have is that, I have another case running.

in year 2007 my mother applied for my immigration to US. my category is F1. and last year it got approved and I am supposed to wait till my PD gets current.

but the visa bulletin moves very slow. so my boyfriend and I got decided to go for the fiance visa.

my question is that is it possible for me to get visa? we got a lawyer told us there is no problem having two cases at the same time.

but I am not sure if the officer in embassy approves my visa.

do you guys have any idea about my situation? I am really worried and tired of waiting :(

Thank you

Edited by sara sunshine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend has recently applied for a fiance visa for us. but the problem I have is that, I have another case running.

in year 2007 my mother applied for my immigration to US. my category is F1. and last year it got approved and I am supposed to wait till my PD gets current.

but the visa bulletin moves very slow. so my boyfriend and I got decided to go for the fiance visa.

my question is that is it possible for me to get visa? we got a lawyer told us there is no problem having two cases at the same time.

but I am not sure if the officer in embassy approves my visa.

do you guys have any idea about my situation? I am really worried and tired of waiting :(

Thank you

You should be fine but be sure and be ready to explain your reason for having two cases so they don't think your just trying to imigrate by any means. This could cause some red flags

Timeline

Thanks a lot :) I hope everything goes fine in the interview.

Have you chosen your filing location yourself or Vermont Service Center is allocated to you randomly? because I've heard some of the centers are more crowded than the others. Like California which is crowded and the process is slower.

Edited by sara sunshine

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks a lot :) I hope everything goes fine in the interview.

Have you chosen your filing location yourself or Vermont Service Center is allocated to you randomly? because I've heard some of the centers are more crowded than the others. Like California which is crowded and the process is slower.

It depends on where the petitioner lives, some go to california service center, some to Vermont . And the slow process thing rotates. When we were getting our k-1 Vermont was the slow one

Timeline

It depends on where the petitioner lives, some go to california service center, some to Vermont . And the slow process thing rotates. When we were getting our k-1 Vermont was the slow one

Thank you for your reply. I hope everything goes fine :)

• 2 years later...

I didn't want to start a new topic. Just pick up where the original poster left off...I wanted to know, in the event of two cases at the same time if a visa is denied in one case, is there a waiting time that the person must wait before returning to the embassy for an interview?

I have an interview in a few weeks for one visa class but awaiting NOA2 (RFE issued yesterday) in the K1 visa category. If I am denied a visa in a few weeks would securing an interview and k1 visa approval be an issue say in 4 -6 months?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I didn't want to start a new topic. Just pick up where the original poster left off...I wanted to know, in the event of two cases at the same time if a visa is denied in one case, is there a waiting time that the person must wait before returning to the embassy for an interview?

I have an interview in a few weeks for one visa class but awaiting NOA2 (RFE issued yesterday) in the K1 visa category. If I am denied a visa in a few weeks would securing an interview and k1 visa approval be an issue say in 4 -6 months?

Hi,

Your situation is completely different from this thread from 2012. The OP has two different paths to the U.S. You are asking about using the same path twice.

If you get denied, the case ends. There is no way you will get another interview and an approval in 4-6 months. You have to deal with why the K-1 was denied.

Hi,

Your situation is completely different from this thread from 2012. The OP has two different paths to the U.S. You are asking about using the same path twice.

If you get denied, the case ends. There is no way you will get another interview and an approval in 4-6 months. You have to deal with why the K-1 was denied.

Hi thanks for responding. I guess I wasn't clear. I have an interview for an f4 visa in a few weeks with a k1 at USCIS waiting for NOA2. RED received yesterday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It would depend why it was denied. There is no required waiting time in applying for a visa but again, it would depend why the first one was denied (if it is).

Edited by belinda63

It would depend why it was denied. There is no required waiting time in applying for a visa but again, it would depend why the first one was denied (if it is).

Thanks! Like the OP my fiance didn't want to wait. I was planning on taking our petition with me to the interview just in case any questions came up.....but the k1 case is still at USCIS.

Thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Recent poster's question seems to be answered; otherwise-old thread is closed to future comments.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.