Lil_Halo

Affidavit of Support supporting evidence

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi!

My first message here. Right we've had packet three and Dan my fiance sent me stuff for the support bit of the process and I have an interview date for April but reading through some of the posts on here I am wondering if I need to get Dan to send me some more stuff.

Currently I have the Affidavit form filled out, he has given me a letter from his job saying what he earns etc, I have 2 letters from his bank telling of the amounts deposited and how much they currently are, I have a sheet about his mortgage and how much has been paid in the last year, a sheet about his life insurance and another about all his savings bonds. I've seen other people here going on about tax returns. Do I need to get him to send me his last one of those too or is everything I have so far enough. It didn't say tax return on the information sheet but now I'm not sure.

I have some savings of my own but when I went to my bank to get them to do the letter about the deposits etc in the last year they were totally unhelpful and told me they couldn't go back past 3 months and I'd just have to use my monthly bank statements.

Now I do have my statements for the last year so do you think I should take the front pages of those that say how much I deposited and withdrew. Will they accept these or should I just forget about my savings and go with Dan's stuff. There are months when I withdrew more than I deposited and I don't want them to look at it all and think hmm how much is she spending!!!!

Dan makes over the 125% poverty line.

I'd just like someones opinion on what would be the best option. Everything is fine police wise, medical wise I just want to make sure the support bit doesn't let us down.

Thanks for your help!

:star: Claire :star:

ok ask your fiance/e to send you his W2 for the past 2 or 3 years that should cover evrything.. you should be good to go then...

Edited by pri

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Unless he is self employed you do NOT need tax returns going through London. If he makes over 125% (I think the I-134 actually only asks for 100%, the 125% is for AOS, someone correct me if I'm wrong) based on his income alone then you don't need things like life insurace policies, etc. All you need to do is prove he makes enough money, you don't have to go above and beyond that. Simply provide the evidence they ask for (bank letter, employer letter). I'm assuming Dan is the USC? If so, and he qualifies based on his income, then don't worry about any of your stuff.

Oh, and good luck! :)

Edited by James_and_Miranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Unless he is self employed you do NOT need tax returns going through London. If he makes over 125% (I think the I-134 actually only asks for 100%, the 125% is for AOS, someone correct me if I'm wrong) based on his income alone then you don't need things like life insurace policies, etc. All you need to do is prove he makes enough money, you don't have to go above and beyond that. Simply provide the evidence they ask for (bank letter, employer letter). I'm assuming Dan is the USC? If so, and he qualifies based on his income, then don't worry about any of your stuff.

Have Dan call the IRS. They will send him a transcript of the last 3 years tax's for free. Having a document from the United States Treasury verifying your income like these transcripts will certainly not hurt your case.

Good Luck

Mike

K1 1/18/06 Fedex VSC

1/20/06 Package delivered to VSC (Day 1)

1/24/06 Check was cashed

1/24/06 NOA1 (Day 4)

2/2/06 NOA2 Approved (Day 13)

2/7/06 Case number assigned at NVC (Day 18)

2/16/06 Received Medical, requested Police record, paid Visa fee at post office

2/20/06 Mailed in her Checklist and DS-230 P1-Never received her Packet 3 (Day 31)

3/06/06 Received Packet 4 in the mail (Day 45)

3/07/06 Mailed in 2 photos and copy of passport photo page

4/24/06 Interview BNK Embassy (Day 94)

4/25/06 Received K1 Visa

5/09/06 Entered the USA at POE Chicago

5/19/06 Applied for SS#

6/21/06 Received SS#

7/01/06 Our Wedding Day

7/07/06 Changed name on SS Card

7/19/06 US Civil Surgeon Supplement $43.00

AOS 7/26/06 Mailed out the AOS to Chicago Lockbox (AOS day 0)

8/10/06 Received 3 Notice of Actions AOS, EAD, AP (Day 15)

8/19/06 Received RFE for financials...I already gave them everything! ??????

8/21/06 Biometrics in Manchester NH 11:00 AM (Day 26)

8/24/06 Mailed RFE financials again (Day 29)

9/07/06 Transfered to CSC (Day 43)

9/22/06 Received Welcome Notice email (Day 58)

9/28/06 Received "Approved" email

9/30/06 Received Green Card in Mail (Day 64)

I-751 06/20/08 Mailed out

06/25/08 NOA Received

01/26/09 Biometrics appointment

02/12/09 Transfered from VSC to CSC

04/05/09 Approval

06/30/09 Mailed N-400 to Texas

07/06/09 NOA

07/29/09 Biometric Appt

08/13/09 IL Reeived

09/21/09 Passed

10/16/09 Oath and Passport Application

?Notify S.S. of Citizenship

?Passport Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have Dan call the IRS. They will send him a transcript of the last 3 years tax's for free. Having a document from the United States Treasury verifying your income like these transcripts will certainly not hurt your case.

Good Luck

Mike

Or you could order them online, they are free.

Good luck

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

If he makes over 125% (I think the I-134 actually only asks for 100%, the 125% is for AOS, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

This comes up a lot here on VJ. The confusion comes about because the I-134 is not meant to be used with K visas even though in the vast majority of cases it is. The K visa's whilst they are non-immigrant visas are processed in many ways like an immigrant visa which is why even though an I-134 is being submitted, in many cases the 125% is used to assess income based on the povery guidelines. Afterall K visa applicants do have intention to immigrate as they will be adjusting status whereby the I-864 will then be used where 125% is the requirement. Ensuring that a K visa applicant is not going to become a public charge given this, as well as other evidence, is the Conof's duty to ascertain.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

If he makes over 125% (I think the I-134 actually only asks for 100%, the 125% is for AOS, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

This comes up a lot here on VJ. The confusion comes about because the I-134 is not meant to be used with K visas even though in the vast majority of cases it is. The K visa's whilst they are non-immigrant visas are processed in many ways like an immigrant visa which is why even though an I-134 is being submitted, in many cases the 125% is used to assess income based on the povery guidelines. Afterall K visa applicants do have intention to immigrate as they will be adjusting status whereby the I-864 will then be used where 125% is the requirement. Ensuring that a K visa applicant is not going to become a public charge given this, as well as other evidence, is the Conof's duty to ascertain.

You always have the right answer :):thumbs:

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.