11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know the waiting time is really long. I just can't help it being the guy and my wife is the one working , with me left at home sitting and doing nothing.

Is there any company who are willing to hire/recruit people who are in AOS status? The wait is just killing...

is EAD only my key to get accepted to work? does some company employ you while waiting for it???

any inputs..thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You cannot be employed without an EAD. You cannot be hired without one and many places will not even interview you if you do not have it.

You can look for jobs but I wouldn't bother applying to them. 99% of the job applications ask if you are legally able to work and you will have to respond no. If you cant work they don't waste time with an application.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know the waiting time is really long. I just can't help it being the guy and my wife is the one working , with me left at home sitting and doing nothing.

Is there any company who are willing to hire/recruit people who are in AOS status? The wait is just killing...

is EAD only my key to get accepted to work? does some company employ you while waiting for it???

any inputs..thanks

It is illegal for you to work, and them to hire you, if you do not have your EAD or green card. You can look for work, and if someone wants to hire you, you will need to explain to them that you won't be able to start working until you have your EAD or green card. An SSN alone is not enough.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

It is illegal for you to work, and them to hire you, if you do not have your EAD or green card. You can look for work, and if someone wants to hire you, you will need to explain to them that you won't be able to start working until you have your EAD or green card. An SSN alone is not enough.

looking at your timeline, I can see a wait period of at least two months for the EAD/AP. Btw, what did your partner do then during those 2 months of waiting? anything keeping his/her busy?

Timeline

You cannot be employed without an EAD. You cannot be hired without one and many places will not even interview you if you do not have it.

You can look for jobs but I wouldn't bother applying to them. 99% of the job applications ask if you are legally able to work and you will have to respond no. If you cant work they don't waste time with an application.

even for those blue collar jobs they will still require it? even like part time jobs?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

any inputs..thanks

You are not allowed to work while on AOS, does not matter if someone would hire or not hire.

Legally you cannot work until you have your EAD.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

even for those blue collar jobs they will still require it? even like part time jobs?

A job is a job. Bottom line: Not allowed to work AT ALL until you get the EAD or GC.

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

looking at your timeline, I can see a wait period of at least two months for the EAD/AP. Btw, what did your partner do then during those 2 months of waiting? anything keeping his/her busy?

We enjoyed the time we finally got to have together. We were in a relationship for many years before the immigration process and were just happy to no longer be separated. That being said, he fixed stuff around the house, did yard work, etc.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes part time jobs require it. I applied for many part time jobs with their forms asking for status in the USA and if you are legal to work.

It is what it is, you are just not legal and you cannot work or be hired /employed until you have your EAD / SSN.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is the side of marriage that requires understanding. There's a process taking place and patience is key. The male ego is fragile, however you can prove yourself as the great provider you desire to show her that you can be when the process is completed and you are authorized to work. Occupy yourself by being the best homemaker you can be and show her how much you appreciate her for providing while you wait. Remember this marriage is for good times and bad, employment, unemployment, waiting on authorization, sickness, health, richer, or poorer. The delay is just a stage in the immigration process. Don't allow these feelings to absorb you. If you can cook, get some recipes and try something new as a surprise meal. Don't burn the house down (smile). She will appreciate a little candlelight, a massage, a good listener, and cuddling when she gets home. That spells appreciation.

Enjoy the newness of your life together. When you start working, you'll be craving these quiet times. Consider it your pre-work vacation and a time to knock her socks off with an abundance of attention.

Edited by kcoyclay1

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

any inputs..thanks

Working without EAD could even jeopardize your AOS, they can deny AOS if you work illegally, I suggest we wait.

Good Luck!

Edited by merkin78
event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.