kirakira

I-751 biometrics pending

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello all,

I am writing to ask if anybody is notified that his/her biometrics appointment is pending due to limited capacity of local Application Support Center. I called USCIS Vermont Center last week since I did not hear from them 30 days after I received NOA on March 23. They emaied me the day after I made a phone call notifying that they will schedule an appointmnet when a time becames availalbe for me. I would like to know how long it was likely to take in the past. I would really appreciate it if anybody with the same expereince could share the story. My local office is Maryland.

Thank you very much for reading. Good luck for everybody on ROC!

Kirakira

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1-2 months with a couple people having waited 3 months for a biometrics appointment.

There is no notification of anything " pending " you get your appointment when you are booked for one and get a letter in the mail.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My husband and I have waited just over 2 months... We were the last in the February 2012 group to get our biometrics letter and the last appt. We go tomorrw (5/1) for biometrics. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see people a month and even two months after you getting their bio letters and appointments completed. The Norfolk ACS office is pretty backed up. I figure we have nothing but time in a sense because we most likely won't receive the green card until Christmas Eve (being the 10 month mark and when we can file for naturalization).

I hope you hear something soon.

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Dear Inky and Laura & Kyle,

Thank you very much for your reply. While I am frustrated, it is good to know that you eventually have an appointment. I will try to remain calm and patient.

Thanks again for your time and sharing the experience.

Sincerely,

Kirakira

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I waited 3 months for by biometrics appointment, that is unusual though. After you have waited for about 45 days you could try calling USCIS and raising a service request but if your local office is busy they will probably send you the letter I got saying they will schedule one within 60 days of the date on the letter.

One thing I will say though, my late biometrics made no difference to when I was approved. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have been waiting NINE MONTHS for a biometrics appointment. We have made three service requests through USCIS officers. Every one of them: no appointment available, we will tell you when one is available.

Waiting another 15 days for another USCIS officer to contact us. There is no way to communicate with the service center itself. It is a 900 mile round trip but you cannot get in without an appointment, and they do not have to answer your question.

Edited by rlogan

Timeline

We have been waiting NINE MONTHS for a biometrics appointment. We have made three service requests through USCIS officers. Every one of them: no appointment available, we will tell you when one is available.

Waiting another 15 days for another USCIS officer to contact us. There is no way to communicate with the service center itself. It is a 900 mile round trip but you cannot get in without an appointment, and they do not have to answer your question.

900 miles! :wow:

I guess an infopass appointment is out of the question then. 9 months is way too long! Have you tried contacting a senator/congressman about this?

Timeline

900 miles! :wow:

I guess an infopass appointment is out of the question then. 9 months is way too long! Have you tried contacting a senator/congressman about this?

Infopass will gain us no information and cost us 900 miles of travel. Communication with the so-called service center is prohibited. If you call California USCIS you get an attendant who will eventually transfer you to an officer who will write a letter to the service center. You cannot ask anything except pre-approved questions. You get zero information in return. For God's sake why isn't there just a telephone number where you can CALL THEM!? This is like bronze-age Byzantine nightmare, not a first world 21st century enterprise. Incredible, really. No private sector "service" place refuses to give out their phone number, email, or have business hours where you can go in and ask them something.

I know they came up to Fairbanks and did a field processing for some people, but not us. Supposedly they come through here every year or whatever - but we want to tell them to please let us just GET IT OUT OF THE WAY. We'd drive a thousand miles this instant if they would let us come down there and do it instead of waiting for them to come up here again, if that is what they are doing. But that is not an approved question. You are only allowed to say "failure to deliver biometrics appointment", which has only one response as far as we can see. You cannot ask how long it will be before they will turn their attention to making an appointment. Who cannot look at a schedule and see when the next available time is? Who cannot say what the reason is they won't look into their appointment book? There has to be an explanation, but they don't have to give one.

They came to Fairbanks for our Adjustment of Status. Their fingerprint machine was broken. We had to drop what we were doing and immediately do the round trip to Anchorage. So we have already done this trip! To do the fingerprints they already have!

We have already been to a senator and congressman so that the Social Security office could tell them to go pound sand. Maybe in two weeks after they tell us again that there is no appointment available we will go in to their offices, and at least keep complaining about it. The guy in charge of it when they came through here was a major #######. No empathy whatsoever. He was so smug. That's what you get when they are behind steel and concrete walls, with two layers of security you have to go through to get to them. The bunker mentality of US Government bureaucracy. I'll bet my Congressman is incapable of reaching this so-called service center directly.

Just another reason to move to Philippines. It is a one-page application for permanent residency, done one time. Permanent means permanent - no multiple levels of temporary "permanency".

Timeline

Infopass will gain us no information and cost us 900 miles of travel. Communication with the so-called service center is prohibited. If you call California USCIS you get an attendant who will eventually transfer you to an officer who will write a letter to the service center. You cannot ask anything except pre-approved questions. You get zero information in return. For God's sake why isn't there just a telephone number where you can CALL THEM!? This is like bronze-age Byzantine nightmare, not a first world 21st century enterprise. Incredible, really. No private sector "service" place refuses to give out their phone number, email, or have business hours where you can go in and ask them something.

I know they came up to Fairbanks and did a field processing for some people, but not us. Supposedly they come through here every year or whatever - but we want to tell them to please let us just GET IT OUT OF THE WAY. We'd drive a thousand miles this instant if they would let us come down there and do it instead of waiting for them to come up here again, if that is what they are doing. But that is not an approved question. You are only allowed to say "failure to deliver biometrics appointment", which has only one response as far as we can see. You cannot ask how long it will be before they will turn their attention to making an appointment. Who cannot look at a schedule and see when the next available time is? Who cannot say what the reason is they won't look into their appointment book? There has to be an explanation, but they don't have to give one.

They came to Fairbanks for our Adjustment of Status. Their fingerprint machine was broken. We had to drop what we were doing and immediately do the round trip to Anchorage. So we have already done this trip! To do the fingerprints they already have!

We have already been to a senator and congressman so that the Social Security office could tell them to go pound sand. Maybe in two weeks after they tell us again that there is no appointment available we will go in to their offices, and at least keep complaining about it. The guy in charge of it when they came through here was a major #######. No empathy whatsoever. He was so smug. That's what you get when they are behind steel and concrete walls, with two layers of security you have to go through to get to them. The bunker mentality of US Government bureaucracy. I'll bet my Congressman is incapable of reaching this so-called service center directly.

Just another reason to move to Philippines. It is a one-page application for permanent residency, done one time. Permanent means permanent - no multiple levels of temporary "permanency".

I'm so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you. If you have been waiting this long already, would she be able to apply for citizenship soon?

Hello all,

I am writing to ask if anybody is notified that his/her biometrics appointment is pending due to limited capacity of local Application Support Center. I called USCIS Vermont Center last week since I did not hear from them 30 days after I received NOA on March 23. They emaied me the day after I made a phone call notifying that they will schedule an appointmnet when a time becames availalbe for me. I would like to know how long it was likely to take in the past. I would really appreciate it if anybody with the same expereince could share the story. My local office is Maryland.

Thank you very much for reading. Good luck for everybody on ROC!

Kirakira

Hi Kirakira,

My field center is also Baltimore, Maryland. Did you get your biometrics notice or are you still waiting. Please let me know. I am worried as to when I will get my notice

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you. If you have been waiting this long already, would she be able to apply for citizenship soon?

That's the nice thing about Visajourney: people are human and have empathy for others. Thank you, and other people have it worse so we can't be martyrs about it. I am not sure how this impacts citizenship. But at this point we are leaning against her applying for citizenship. We want the kids to grow up in a free country.

I am aware of no other agency on the planet that refuses to accept its own perfectly good fingerprints. When your lives depend on people that have this much power and this much depravity, it is the wrong country to be living in. A lot of immigrants think that you just need to get through this ghastly immigration process and then in the end you'll get the mythical freedom of the USA. But that USA is no more, and what it has become is this right here. My immigrant forefathers bought tickets on a ship. That was the ONLY immigration requirement - just come here. The Statue of Liberty has an inscription telling us how easy it is, especially for the wretched poor:

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

What a monstrous lie! It would be hilarious if it weren't so horrible to contemplate how a country can lose so much freedom in so little time. That's what my immigrant forefathers were: poor. So they came hoping they could do better for their families. All they had to do was get here. None of them could do proof of income or sponsorship. That's why they came! They had no money or sponsors!

Once they got here there was no army of government officers forcing them to have and pay for permits, licenses, bonds, insurance, mandates, ad infinitum. Our family gravesight was purchased by a simple man who made bricks and shipped them to New York City to construct buildings with. Some of which are still standing. They called it New Amsterdam at first. The only requirement was that he make bricks worth paying for. Not one government agent stood in his way. Nobody had ANY power over him. What if I tried to start a brick factory now? MSHA, OSHA, EPA, IRS, FTC, US Corps of Engineers, etc. on the Federal side, plus all the state agencies and then all the local ones.

Even with the King of England nominally their Sovereign, they elected local councils and did whatever they wanted because the King was an ocean away. They had more freedom and power as colonists than we do now. It isn't just immigration. Read straight down the Bill of Rights. Most of them have been suspended in whole or at least in part, always for a "good idea" but usually for almighty "security". Immigration is exactly that story: Security. So there are tens of millions of illegal immigrants in the USA, which outnumber the legal immigrants! And in the name of security the USCIS refuses to accept the fingerprints of my wife they have already taken themselves, and won't let her take new ones. If she tries to force her way in to the fingerprint service center, they will take her fingerprints immediately because she'll be arrested.

We will be good little serfs and show joy and gratitude to these petty tyrants when they FINALLY let her have her fingerprints. And get that precious card. For now. You don't hear immigrants saying they want freedom. They say they want a green card. Exactly! Create a permit they must have, and they'll do whatever you ask to get that card. The card is not freedom: the requirement to have a card is what takes your freedom.

So going abroad and opening up a simple export company for knock-down furniture or whatever - that's starting to sound more like freedom to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We have requested assistance from our Congressman to get our fingerprints, called "biometrics" from this impervious bureacracy.

This country is on its way to third world status in a hurry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.