Jenn!

Mercoledi

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for soul_encounter today! I hope we hear some good news soon!

I'm at work. I've got a lot of studying to do today - less than three weeks until my big exam! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! :dance:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for soul_encounter today! I hope we hear some good news soon!

I'm at work. I've got a lot of studying to do today - less than three weeks until my big exam! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! :dance:

see her post in the other thread.... we have..................... good news! wooohoooo!!! GO CASA!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone..

Just did replied to some PMs here...Yea I bought this beautiful jibe (home dress) which looks more then a party dress then something I would wear normally for around the home, so it is NOT black...as per my husband's request I have started to expand my colour palette :lol: It only cost me 700 DA ($7) yea where but here can you get such a gown for $7...not even on the after Christmas sale and clearance racks in the USA :lol: ..Also bought some clothes for my daughter and a party dress for myself for Eid... YEA!!!

Tonight mooooooooore guests for iftar (uffffff)

I need to look for Eid gifts for everyone (yeaaaa more shoppping) :dance: ...but what to get my husband? Hmmmm...difficult...

I am happy finally was able to find my husband some shaving creme...really able to explain what I wanted... I didnt know the name... :blush:

Congrats for Ella74ny for getting a date... Inchallah he will get the VISA soon!

ALso Mabrouk for Soulencounter...

Layla I am praying for you and Youssef for Nov 28 !!!!

Kara: whats up? How are things habiti?

Sarah: Missing ya!

Noura when is Said coming?

Well gotta go now...will be back inchallah later...

Filed: Timeline

Special evening in my house last night. After talking with Moh on the phone my youngest son asked me to see Arabic writing. The only place I have it is in my quran so we sat down together with it and he said, "WOW, Mom! What is this book? It's beautiful!" I told him. He started flipping through the pages and asking me about the Arabic writing. I asked him if he would like to hear the first words which are the prayer. He said, "Sure!" So I began reciting in Arabic first (which I'm horrible with but I know the words) and then I began in English. He put his hands together and closed his eyes and started repeating the words with me. I asked if he would like to see how Mohammed and I pray and he was very eager with that as well so I showed him how we ablute and then I began. He, bless his heart, prayed with me. (all teared up here) Even though the hurt of missing Mohammed is worse then ever, this is turning out to be my most blessed Ramadan.

I hope this doesn't offend some. It sure meant the whole world to me because it was all completely voluntary on his part as it should be. Alhamdulellah. Mohammed is going to blow his cork with happiness over this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I had almost no sleep last night. Adil is sick with a cold or something and kept me up all night with his sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and really deep breathing right in my ear! I told him that he needs to drink liquids all day today, but he refuses to because he doesn't want to break his fast. I showed him a link I found where it states that when you are sick you should break fast to heal yourself, and if you don't you fast is still accepted, but Allah dislikes it, something along those lines. Well Today I am working until 4 and then I get to go home and clean. Not to much to clean, but a lot of organizing. Well I hope everyone has a good day.

Special evening in my house last night. After talking with Moh on the phone my youngest son asked me to see Arabic writing. The only place I have it is in my quran so we sat down together with it and he said, "WOW, Mom! What is this book? It's beautiful!" I told him. He started flipping through the pages and asking me about the Arabic writing. I asked him if he would like to hear the first words which are the prayer. He said, "Sure!" So I began reciting in Arabic first (which I'm horrible with but I know the words) and then I began in English. He put his hands together and closed his eyes and started repeating the words with me. I asked if he would like to see how Mohammed and I pray and he was very eager with that as well so I showed him how we ablute and then I began. He, bless his heart, prayed with me. (all teared up here) Even though the hurt of missing Mohammed is worse then ever, this is turning out to be my most blessed Ramadan.

I hope this doesn't offend some. It sure meant the whole world to me because it was all completely voluntary on his part as it should be. Alhamdulellah. Mohammed is going to blow his cork with happiness over this.

Alhamdulilah! That is so awesome! I can't wait to have children! That's such a blessing that he was so interested. I hope he continues to ask you questions.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize this was the Wednesday thread at first :blush: I am assuming Mercoledi is french or something? :unsure:

Anyway!

My day is so-so.... I'm freezing today!!! I really don't think it's possible for me to wear more clothes but it's something I'm going to have to look into.

Henia, baraka Allahu feeki for the well wishes and prayers (F) I pray Allah puts your affairs in order soon too inshallah so you can be with your hubby and your daughter at the same time, ameen. (F)

JW, that's a beautiful story. My kids love to hear the Quran recited in Arabic. They have a small computer that recites some short suras for them and also we have most of the Quran on CDs that we listen to in the car when we're out and about and in the house. Funny enough, they don't like the versions I have of the Arabic recitation followed by the English interpretation :huh:

It brings tears to my eyes as well when they show interest and love for the deen. (L)

My cute story... One morning I was going to pray alFajr before leaving for work and I didn't think they were going to pray with me so I began alone... half way through my prayer I heard THUMP THUMP THUMP on the floor behind me. It was my daughter... she had been behind me clapping to get my attention because I did not say "Allahu akbr" out loud for her to follow me but I was so into my prayer that I didn't hear her. By the time I did notice her she was throwing a quiet temper tantrum behind me banging on the floor :lol: Needless to say I felt horrible and I had to stop praying and begin again so she could pray with me. :blush:

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day! (F)(F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

that's so cool "just waiting"!!!

My kids see me reading the Quran and their response is "eeeeeeeew....what's all that freaky writing?" and I say "that is Arabic" and they reply, "whatevaaaaaaaaaah mom"

:huh:

Thank your lucky stars your son is receptive to it! I don't think my daughters will ever want to be lil muslimahs but time will tell. :innocent:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Subhan'Allah! Subhan'Allah! Subhan'Allah!

Wow Jean Mashallah I am sooooooo happy for you...it is so wonderful when a child comes to an adult and actually asks questions like that... I am still to this day amazed when my daughter out of the blue brings out my prayer rug when my PC athan goes off, or asks to me to play that beautiful words of Allah's book (the Quran) and how she *prays* with me ...

WOW I am so happy for you Jean...SubhanAllah. Moh I know will be too happy as well. Thanks for sharing that wonderful blessed event with us. (F)

Mashallah...beautiful story, Jean. That's wonderful that your son is showing interest in Islam. I feel blessed because my sons were born into Islam. They are very proud to be Muslims mashallah. They've been fasting their half days this Ramadan and inshallah next year my oldest, Zayd, will start fasting full days. My boys spent 7 months in Yemen so they've learned to speak Arabic fluently as well as read and write. My youngest is esp. religious...Mohamed calls him Sheikh Aimen, lol.

Henia...I'm doing fine alhamdulillah..nothing new going on really. I'm very happy that things are looking brighter for you and your husband :luv: I'd love to see your new dress for Eid.

Well it's a rainy day here in Michigan..blah. Nothing new going on. Have a great day everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Alhamdulilah J_W. I find arabic to be beautiful as well, thus my obsession with arabic calligraphy :lol: Maybe you guys can paroose some calligraphy websites together. I have a bunch listed under Islamic Art and Music on my sitejot page.

Nothing new here. Have a midterm to write today during lunch. And, I'm going to McDonalds for iftar today, after my night class gets out at 9 pm. I haven't had fast food since Ramadan began :o

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Beautiful story Jean.... alhamdoulillah for his interest. My day started early as I took my 80 yr old aunt to have some surgery this morning and then back home to get her settled in for some rest. I'm amazed at how much better she's feeling already! ALHAMDOULILLAH!!! Inch'allah, her pain will continue to lessen and she will feel much better soon. Other than that, slow day at work today... it's hot here, but supposedly there's some rain & a cool front coming in -ooooh, I hope so!

and isn't it Mercredi for "Wednesday" in French?

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
yawn... VJ is so boring lately... I hope everyone has a good day!

Sarah

kicks sarah to liven up vj :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.