PMartin37

Realistic Time Frame for CR-1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I've already applied and gotten the NOA1 for the I-130 petition for my husband (Apr 12, 2012). I called about my case one time after they had already received the package and the officer that I spoke with (not an operator) advised me that my time frame was looking like sometime in Sept to October for completion- I took this to mean until visa in hand. My question is ...he is from a so called MENA country and from what I'm reading from others in the forums are that MENA are processed slower and some of their time frames were 10-15months from start to finish. I'm really confused why the officer would tell me that time frame? Also from looking at the website and tracking my case.. at the bottom of the webpage they give an "expiration date" (June 23,2012)which I took to mean the normal deadline for the processing of these petitions and/or the estimated date for our petition approval. What gives?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The officer you spoke with was giving you a time frame about processing the petition at the service center, not about case completion.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

I've already applied and gotten the NOA1 for the I-130 petition for my husband (Apr 12, 2012). I called about my case one time after they had already received the package and the officer that I spoke with (not an operator) advised me that my time frame was looking like sometime in Sept to October for completion- I took this to mean until visa in hand. My question is ...he is from a so called MENA country and from what I'm reading from others in the forums are that MENA are processed slower and some of their time frames were 10-15months from start to finish. I'm really confused why the officer would tell me that time frame? Also from looking at the website and tracking my case.. at the bottom of the webpage they give an "expiration date" (June 23,2012)which I took to mean the normal deadline for the processing of these petitions and/or the estimated date for our petition approval. What gives?

Expect 4 - 7 months processing time for the I-130. 4 at the least, 7 at the most. Then expect about 1 - 2 months through NVC, and another 1 - 2 months for an interview depending on which consulate. In addition, since he's from a MENA country, don't be surprised if he gets AP (Administrative Processing) after visa approved. This can take anywhere from a few weeks to months. Just be mentally prepared for it. Alogether I'd say you're looking at 6 - 10 months with no AP, up to a year with AP.

It takes about 5 months to get NOA2 (so that would be something like September/October for you guys).

Then, as you are applying for CR-1, you're file needs to go through NVC processing. That can take approx. 1-2 months.

After you're case gets approved at NVC, they send your file to the embassy.

I don't know what's the interview waiting time for the embassy you have, but count time for that.

And after the interview is approved, you most likely have to go through AP, which can take time. I'm sure somebody else can advice better on that since my hubby and I didn't need to go through AP.

And after the most likely AP, you're finally done - meaning visa in hand

So unfortunately September/October is just regarding the NOA2. Not until case is completed. Sorry to tell you this, but just try to have A LOT of patience!

And just for the comparison, even the faster countries take at least 7months altogether (the whole process: NOA2, NVC, Embassy interview), and that's when one doesn't need to deal with AP. And yes, AP is unfortunately very typical to MENA countries.

Good luck!! :thumbs:

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

oops, replied at the same time as jaejayC ... B-) Similar reply

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

PMartin37 ~ thanks for asking this questioning...It was on my mind this morning too!! Did you ever resolve the passport situation? I hope so...if not pm me I have some past experience with refuuuugeeeeee events...maybe it might help????? :blush:

Anh map jaejayC ~thanks for answering so clear...I am text book case with waiting for the NOA2...coming up to the estimated time for it...

have been checking the Web site for USCIS with my case number and still no movement. Cant even claim a RFE.

Sometimes there is a rare horror story of them making mistakes....can anyone kindly suggest another way to make contact to get a little more info. Like maybe a confirmation from a real live person that they actually do have my petition????? (Sarcasm but starting to worry) Now in newer territory and maybe tiring from treading water... Thanks.

edit...after R and L also posted...would love to have a suggestion from any and all!!!! thanks

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks a million for your responses! Well, I felt that time frame seemed too good to be true. sigh. :-P So, I'm going to be praying for no AP basically and setting myself in cruise control for several months :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.