Mithra

MENA class of 04-08 ladies

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hahaha I was like wow there must have been a Beta version of VJ that I missed :rofl:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Rude and Clamorous in the house ! :dance: :dance: :dance:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rofl! Yeah I think I had high school on the brain although I graduated in 92.

K3 visa - filed in 06, visa in hand 07. Former and now current MEAN girl, apparently. Although I was way meaner years ago lol. I guess immigration played such a huge part in my life that I never really leave. Crazy as its all been, I still enjoy this place. I've formed some lasting friendships here. :)

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Oops forgot

CR-1/Palestine 2005

OT provocateur... MENA pundit...

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

LaL has been sighted recently....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I started reading, mostly lurking, VJ around 2009-2010, when a lot of the 04-08 ladies were still posting. I read a ton of the archives, too. Most of y'all don't know me at all, but I hope the people this thread is directed to are all doing well. By posting in this forum, you've informed and at times entertained me and in some ways I feel like I shared your journeys a bit. Um, not in a stalker way. :bonk: But aww, shucks, it's like watching an all-star reunion here! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm here. Still check in every once in a while. Mostly lurking. Class of 05-06. We will have our 6th Anniversary in Sept and still very happy "with our heads up in the clouds" lol. My DH is just as sweet and loving as when we first met. He has his citizenship and his working for Toyota Manufacturing. It took him about 5 yrs working at piddly jobs to find a great paying job with wonderful benefits. For the record, I have 2 other friends that I met here on VJ (older wife, younger Algerian husband) that are all still happily married. I met them here on VJ when I first joined. We all went through the visa process with nearly the same timelines. They just don't come around on VJ anymore.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

I'm here. Still check in every once in a while. Mostly lurking. Class of 05-06. We will have our 6th Anniversary in Sept and still very happy "with our heads up in the clouds" lol. My DH is just as sweet and loving as when we first met. He has his citizenship and his working for Toyota Manufacturing. It took him about 5 yrs working at piddly jobs to find a great paying job with wonderful benefits.

Meriem (F)

Hai Meriem - nice to see you !

For the record, I have 2 other friends that I met here on VJ (older wife, younger Algerian husband) that are all still happily married. I met them here on VJ when I first joined. We all went through the visa process with nearly the same timelines. They just don't come around on VJ anymore.

The latest discussion about the older woman/younger MENA man relationships is here - I am sure the OP would love to have your input:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/362974-looking-for-mena-success-stories/

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

I started reading, mostly lurking, VJ around 2009-2010, when a lot of the 04-08 ladies were still posting. I read a ton of the archives, too. Most of y'all don't know me at all, but I hope the people this thread is directed to are all doing well. By posting in this forum, you've informed and at times entertained me and in some ways I feel like I shared your journeys a bit. Um, not in a stalker way. :bonk: But aww, shucks, it's like watching an all-star reunion here! :thumbs:

I remember you ! Nice to see you again... and wow what nice comments... haha MENA All-Stars I love it

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

I first started getting to know my now husband back in 03. And literally spent the next couple of years before we married doing everything I could to get to know him inside out and backwards. We also spent that time working on practical things- him saving money because he refused to immigrate here destitute while knowing it would take a couple of months for him to legally work. At certain times of the year, he'd be working at three different jobs. That was a more practical use of our time than spending six hours a day passing yahoo smileys back and forth to each other. He made and discussed plans for keeping himself

occupied in those first few months too, and stuck with

them. Being proactive about that initial adjustment period worked for us anyways.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

topic title edited per request.

and it's like old times in this thread :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.