LexandAra

Here to help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

I successfully filed for a fiancee visa without RFE's or anything. It was approved on the April 24, 2012 without any major hassles and the interview took 5-8 minutes total. The whole process took exactly 7 months from beginning to end. (CSC>Juarez). I got alot of help from users on this forum, thanks!

A few things i would recommend; is be really careful if you hire a lawyer. If your case is complicated and warrants a lawyer, do so. I met a lot of people in Ciudad Juarez that hired lawyers and they were given vasts amount of documents and didn't know how to make sense of out of it.

I helped some people while i was there. I was advising them to read through their documents and know where everything is, and what's included in the documents. One person didn't know what DS-260, DS-156 was. In the end your lawyer will probably not be permitted to enter he consulate.

Best thing to do is, file your paper work and you'll become inform of the procedures. When a consulate official asks you a question you know exactly which documents to refer to.

Ill be reading this post around 8pm pacific time in case someone has questions on K1 visa.. ill be glad to answer questions on the things I encountered.

Edited by LexandAra

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
congrats.gif

AOS JOURNEY

02/24/2012---MAILED I-485,I-130,I-765, TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX
03/05/2012---CHECKS CASHED BY USCIS
03/08/2012---I-765 WAS TOUCHED
03/17/2012--RECIEVED RECIEPT NOTICE FOR I-485,I-130,I-765
03/23/2012---RECIEVED BIOMET
RICS APPOINTMENT
04/05/2012--I-485 RFE MAILED
04/07/2012--I-485 RFE RECIEVED
04/10/2012---RFE REPLY WAS SENT TO USCIS FOR I-485
04/10/2012---WENT TO BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN ELIZABETH NJ(NOW THE NEWARK OFFICE)

04/18/2012---RFE RECIEVD BY USCIS
05/21/2012--- EAD APPROVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL RECEIVED
05/24/2012--- SECOND EAD PRODUCTION EMAIL
06/26/2012-- AOS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
06/28/2012----APPROVED/CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL
07/07/2012-----10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVES

N-400 NATURALIZTION

03/21/2016--- MAILED/FILED N-400

03/24/2016 ---- PACKAGED DELIVERED

03/28/2016---- NOA RECIEPT NOTICE RECIEVED

04/08/2016--- BIOMETRIC SCHEDULED

04/22/2016-- BIOMETRIC DONE

06/20/2016--- INTERVIEW SCHEDULES

07/29/2016--- INTERVIEW/OATH

07/30/2016--- REGISTERED TO VOTE/PASSPORT

event.png

xweHm7.png
REPLACEMENT I-94 JOURNEY
01/20/2012--I-102 MAILED
01/27/2012--USCIS RECIEVED PETITION
02/02/2012--RECIEPT NOTICED RECIEVED
03/05/2012--RFE MAILED
03/10/2012--RFE RECIEVDD
04/05/2012---RFE REPLIED TO
04/17/2012--USCIS RECIVED IT AND IS UNDER REVIEW
07/11/2012-- STILL IS UNDER REVIEW HAHA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

**Please consider helping other VJ members by submitting a review of your interview and experiences, and complete your timeline.**

Wishing you continued good fortune on your immigration journey.

Gracias. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I successfully filed for a fiancee visa without RFE's or anything. It was approved on the April 24, 2012 without any major hassles and the interview took 5-8 minutes total. The whole process took exactly 7 months from beginning to end. (CSC>Juarez). I got alot of help from users on this forum, thanks!

A few things i would recommend; is be really careful if you hire a lawyer. If your case is complicated and warrants a lawyer, do so. I met a lot of people in Ciudad Juarez that hired lawyers and they were given vasts amount of documents and didn't know how to make sense of out of it.

I helped some people while i was there. I was advising them to read through their documents and know where everything is, and what's included in the documents. One person didn't know what DS-260, DS-156 was. In the end your lawyer will probably not be permitted to enter he consulate.

Best thing to do is, file your paper work and you'll become inform of the procedures. When a consulate official asks you a question you know exactly which documents to refer to.

Ill be reading this post around 8pm pacific time in case someone has questions on K1 visa.. ill be glad to answer questions on the things I encountered.

Very nice thread, an actual offer of help, way cool.

I do agree that typically, with most government processes, once you have done your homework and filed the paperwork the process gets easier.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

**Please consider helping other VJ members by submitting a review of your interview and experiences, and complete your timeline.**

Wishing you continued good fortune on your immigration journey.

Gracias. :thumbs:

Congrats on your approval!

Yes, please do consider filling in your timeline, and updating your profile to show which location your I-129F petition went through, Vermont or California. Writing a review of your experience at CDJ is very helpful to those that will be going through there in the future. The reviews for each step of the way in your immigration journey will show up there in your timeline for others to see.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.