^_^

Should states be allowed to defend their own borders?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should states be allowed to defend their own borders?

• Yes, with drunk-driving style checkpoints
    • Yes, with Fallujah style checkpoints
    • No, traffic between states should not be impeded

62 posts in this topic

Timeline

And for those that throw in the towel (it will be a lot), what happens to all that empty land no one wants?

Why would there be all this empty land and why would no one want it? Land is land. No one is going to let land just lay there. There will be a market for it.

When I see this, it means my fun weekend in Las Vegas is over, I stopped in Baker for gas, snacks and a cold refreshment and home is only 3 hours away.

Cmon, you know you have to go to Peggy Sue's diner, just down the road. I know it is a vegatable stop, but I see a lot of Border Patrol cars parked there.

Timeline

There is a lot of underutilized property in the industrial wastelands of ohio and michigan.

Take away the reason Kansas exists (agriculture) and watch it revert back to its geological mean.

And people still own that land in Ohio and Michigan for some reason.

Kansas does have a lot of framers but next time you fly over they have mostly ranching. Lots of fat happy cattle there. If one can't make a go of it without subsidies then get out of the business.

Timeline

Cmon, you know you have to go to Peggy Sue's diner, just down the road. I know it is a vegatable stop, but I see a lot of Border Patrol cars parked there.

I have to go through the agricultural check point often and never see border patrol there. When I am hauling veggies from Mexico they just take my papers and stamp them and I go. Well usually anyway.

I have to go through the agricultural check point often and never see border patrol there. When I am hauling veggies from Mexico they just take my papers and stamp them and I go. Well usually anyway.

I was through that same stop (near Yermo), a few weeks ago and the guy that waved me through, (I had my mobile lab with DoD plates), had a Border Patrol agent standing next to him shooting the breeze. I will be back there soon on my way from NWS China Lake going to Las Vegas.

PS - I have never stopped at Peggy Sue's but often wondered about it.

Timeline

I was through that same stop (near Yermo), a few weeks ago and the guy that waved me through, (I had my mobile lab with DoD plates), had a Border Patrol agent standing next to him shooting the breeze. I will be back there soon on my way from NWS China Lake going to Las Vegas.

PS - I have never stopped at Peggy Sue's but often wondered about it.

Peggy Sues is a hit or miss thing. Used to be a real good meal. Now I pass it by.

Filed: Timeline

We could just stop subsidizing agriculture. Do that and Mexico and Central America can supply the U.S. with most all we need agriculturally cheaply. Their nations would become more wealthy as a result. That would lead to less need for illegal immigration.

The labor intensive crops are being grown on prime farmland that have the ideal climate conditions. Many white folk came out of the Dust Bowl and elsewhere eager to take any job for subsistence wages in California. The migrants working those fields now make more money than they would working in retail, or fast food jobs. Seems immigrants are sucking those jobs up as well. Face it, "real" Americans, including the minorities that would traditionally take those jobs, just don't want to work for a living, and increasingly look to government for a hand-out.

California's biggest problem is and always has been water. The San Joaquin Valley was turned green by diverting water from Northern California, and now that those allocations have been cut by half since Obama came into office, the region is turning into a dust bowl.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You use too many freakin words. You end up sounding like a gay frenchman and you know don't nobody wanna listen to no gay frenchman.

That's what happens after I've worked all night. I totally go French.

Timeline

The labor intensive crops are being grown on prime farmland that have the ideal climate conditions. Many white folk came out of the Dust Bowl and elsewhere eager to take any job for subsistence wages in California. The migrants working those fields now make more money than they would working in retail, or fast food jobs. Seems immigrants are sucking those jobs up as well. Face it, "real" Americans, including the minorities that would traditionally take those jobs, just don't want to work for a living, and increasingly look to government for a hand-out.

California's biggest problem is and always has been water. The San Joaquin Valley was turned green by diverting water from Northern California, and now that those allocations have been cut by half since Obama came into office, the region is turning into a dust bowl.

Yes I know about the water problems. One time we talked about this and I alluded that there was also land and water elsewhere to replace the farming in southern California. I mostly meant Mexico but Central America also. California has boomed and the population growth has meant that water has to be shared. It was stupid to allow all the resorts and high dollar developments in the desert that was water intensive

It is not just farming but there is a huge agriculture industry. Most of the produce we pick up at the border with Mexico is taken to California for this very important industry. A lot is shipped north to Canada.

That's what happens after I've worked all night. I totally go French.

May want to reword this.blink.gif

Filed: Timeline

It is not just farming but there is a huge agriculture industry. Most of the produce we pick up at the border with Mexico is taken to California for this very important industry. A lot is shipped north to Canada.

Time and time again, we come back to Canada. They pretend to be so innocent and harmless and yet their name comes up in discussions of every major problem faced here in the US....

Will we ever have a President brave enough to address the Canada Problem?

Timeline

Time and time again, we come back to Canada. They pretend to be so innocent and harmless and yet their name comes up in discussions of every major problem faced here in the US....

Will we ever have a President brave enough to address the Canada Problem?

What problem is Canada?blink.gif