lynnlin

Can Visa Officer's words be trusted?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well at the interview they gave him a white sheet called 221g. He needed to bring in proof I was living in the U.S. Even though they had copies of my voter registration card and tax returns. The officer requested proof that my parents own their home (I live with my parents). We mailed it to the embassy and we then received a letter in the mail that they have received that document and to just wait until they contact us. I called the DOS and they said our case is under AP. So I do not know what they are doing now. USCIS initially received our very first paperwork back in Oct 2010 (The 1st step to this long tedious process). It was approved in Apr 2011 and sent to U.S. Embassy. Interview was Jan 2012. I can't take it anymore.

Oh that's an insanely lone time. I totally understand what u are going through now. Hopefully this long waiting end soon and best luck! Just try to relax and take this thing off your mind once in a while. be happy!:))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what news from calling the DoS Hotline?

Usually, if you ask for casefile status, they will NOT tell you that the casefile is in AP unless you ask directly:

1. is my casefile in administrative processing?

2. is my casefile in administrative review ?

3. is my casefile in additional processing?

DoS Hotline knows all status about your casefile, except for the Consular Officer's Notes in the casefile...

It's a telephone # in the USA. The Dodi Post contains most of the info you need. Did you find it yesterday? My apologies for not posting the link, I've been suffering from pain from a knee injury from tuesday night and have just returned from the hospital.

Dodi - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Read the first post, and then find MY post there, read all of that.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Usually, if you ask for casefile status, they will NOT tell you that the casefile is in AP unless you ask directly:

DoS Hotline knows all status about your casefile, except for the Consular Officer's Notes in the casefile...

It's a telephone # in the USA. The Dodi Post contains most of the info you need. Did you find it yesterday? My apologies for not posting the link, I've been suffering from pain from a knee injury from tuesday night and have just returned from the hospital.

Dodi - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Good Luck !

Hello there! oh is the injury serious? I hope u will feel better soon! Ah u know chinese people say abt the pork rib soup thing right? Try it n it may help to recover.

My fiance did get through the call with DOS. he was told that our case is still in Administrative Processing. is there any difference between this and the other two u mentioned above?

I found out the post yesterday but kinda lost in what they were talking abt,ok i will read again now and your post。 Thanks so much, you are of a great help! have a good rest.:))

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yemen
Timeline

Good Luck !

I just called the DOS and told them I haven't heard a word from anyone since the interview, the DOS rep told me that my case is under AP, I didn't have to ask her directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just because the website says you have to wait 2 months to contact the US Embassy does not mean that you have to do as they say. It just means that the US Embassy wants to cut down on contacts because it is legally obligated to answer them (normally within 7 days). However, this does not mean that you will receive a good answer. They will say that your case is "still under administrative processing" and "although an exact time-frame is not known" they will notify your fiancee when it is concluded - or wording very similar. Best advice: contact your Senator for assistance.

Timeline

don't forget the IV unit's website portal thingie:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Here's a sample email you can write to them.

Dear Sirs - On (date) I was given a blue slip for CCP. I understand my case is in administrative processing or review, and wanted to inquire about the status of my case (GUZ123459884) . Were you able to conclude your investigation, or do you require additional information from me or my prior work unit?

Warmest Regards,

Sally Petitioner

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Just because the website says you have to wait 2 months to contact the US Embassy does not mean that you have to do as they say. It just means that the US Embassy wants to cut down on contacts because it is legally obligated to answer them (normally within 7 days). However, this does not mean that you will receive a good answer. They will say that your case is "still under administrative processing" and "although an exact time-frame is not known" they will notify your fiancee when it is concluded - or wording very similar. Best advice: contact your Senator for assistance.

Thanks very much for the advice. I sent the status inquiry email to GZ and my fiance called the DOS too, we just got the same answer that the case is still under administrative processing.i don't think my fiance has the senator or sth like that. guess this is really noth much here we can do besides waiting. thanks very much anyway:))

Timeline

don't forget the IV unit's website portal thingie:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Here's a sample email you can write to them.

Dear Sirs - On (date) I was given a blue slip for CCP. I understand my case is in administrative processing or review, and wanted to inquire about the status of my case (GUZ123459884) . Were you able to conclude your investigation, or do you require additional information from me or my prior work unit?

Warmest Regards,

Sally Petitioner

Thx!! yeah we contatced the embassy and it's still under AP. guess we have to be more patient. i will keep an eye on the link u sent to me. Thx again for thinking abt my issue all the time. you are really a great help!

Timeline

congratulations! To celebrate, please prepare and steam 300 rabbit jiaozi, to celebrate, then drop it off at yer local temple.

Timeline

congratulations! To celebrate, please prepare and steam 300 rabbit jiaozi, to celebrate, then drop it off at yer local temple.

thanks for your great advice all the time along. it really helps a lot! oh i don't know abt the rabbit jiaozi stuff. hhaha/..

Timeline

you can't cook ? what? aiyo.

Look, you have limited time now, to learn. get with mom and dad, any uncles, aunties, cousins who know how, and beg them to TEACH YOU.

Timeline

you can't cook ? what? aiyo.

Look, you have limited time now, to learn. get with mom and dad, any uncles, aunties, cousins who know how, and beg them to TEACH YOU.

oh hahha.. that is interesting, Btw, how long will it take for them to stamp the visa and mail back my passport?do u have any idea?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You have to bribe them with the rabbit dish first.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

oh hahha.. that is interesting, Btw, how long will it take for them to stamp the visa and mail back my passport?do u have any idea?

no idea, cannot forecast, as

you're in a new queue.

so you've a new spot in a new queue.

could be 5 days, could be 8 weeks.

However, the one entity that knows for 'after the fact' is the DoS Hotline.

Call DoS Hotline (# in my profile, click the girls, study left panel) then call every 2 days, asking for casefile status.

At some point, you'll hear about 'visa packet sent' and that's the timetick that's useful, as the visa packet will arrive within 2 weeks after.

Since you got a blue slip, there is possibility that your duration dates on the visa will have lessened, so pay attention to the dates printed on the visa. you might not have 6 months to transit to usa, it might be less time. pay attention to the dates on the visa stamp, when you get yer passport back and

in the interim, please to study cooking. cooking the foods you like is a great way to overcome homesick when you are in usa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.