lynnlin

Can Visa Officer's words be trusted?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dear all,

So my visa is currently under AP after the interview on March 20th. The visa officer told me it gennerall takes abt 3 to 4 weeks. bur right now it's been 35 days after the interview. i have not heard anyth at all. I am now wondering maybe at that time he was just saying. I don't hold any position for the party at all and never. really think it shouldn't be that long for them to process.

I went for the interview in GZ on March 20th. The visa was not approved immediately on the day of the interview due to my communist party membership. well, this is sth i have expected that could happen. The visa officer who interviewed me told me clearly that i passed the interview and there is nothing wrong with the interview. but he said they need additional processing and gave me a slip which states the reason for AP oh and also returned my passport. He said he did this per immigration law and will notify me to send them my passport when the processing is done.

Has anybody had similar expeience? Could you please share? btw, i saw the instruction on embassy wesite that i can only inquire the visa status two months after the interview. so really can't do anything but wait i guess.

Thanks!

yah...me too,..i was interviewed last march 6,earlier than yours and yet i haven't received my visa yet...lets keep on waiting and praying,be patience...im sure we will receive our visa soon.. :) :) :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Seems like the system is moving slow right now, unknown? Hang in there.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have the uscitizen petitioner call the DoS Hotline (click the girls under my name, study left panel) and inquire for casefile status.

In the end, when GUZ IV is done with their review, you will receive a 'call in letter' via postal mail, with more instructions on what to do with your passport.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yah...me too,..i was interviewed last march 6,earlier than yours and yet i haven't received my visa yet...lets keep on waiting and praying,be patience...im sure we will receive our visa soon.. :) :) :)

yeah , hope for the best and best luck to us!

Timeline

have the uscitizen petitioner call the DoS Hotline (click the girls under my name, study left panel) and inquire for casefile status.

In the end, when GUZ IV is done with their review, you will receive a 'call in letter' via postal mail, with more instructions on what to do with your passport.

oh we didn't even know we could call, but he will make a call tmr and inqure. so u said they wil send me a postal ltr instaead of email to notify me right? oh that's crazy, i am leave the city pretty soon n will go to BJ to stay with my family there. This means i need to inform them of my address changes?

Timeline

Seems like the system is moving slow right now, unknown? Hang in there.

yeah,i am thinking maybe it's their peak season. ah the problem is i will leave the city where I am now pretty soon. i am not sure if the address change will be a problem.

Timeline

you have some address in the ds-230 ? where was that address ? beiJing? GuangZhou ? somewhere else? the letter goes to that address.

DoS Hotline know's all status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

you have some address in the ds-230 ? where was that address ? beiJing? GuangZhou ? somewhere else? the letter goes to that address.

DoS Hotline know's all status.

oh the address on that DS-230 is here in QD. the thing is i have quit the job and abt to leave QD for BJ. The QD address is my previous company's, so that should be ok if they mail there and i will let my co-workers pick for me.or do u think it will work if i email them to tell the address changes?

Yeah for sure we will call DOS. Thanks so much for telling. or we feel like we are so ill-informed.

Timeline

i'll post more here later tonight before I sleep - but there's some stuff that's useful..

or you could use the advanced search tool , term = 'Dodi', membername = 'Darnell' - click on 'show as posts'.

Timeline

i'll post more here later tonight before I sleep - but there's some stuff that's useful..

or you could use the advanced search tool , term = 'Dodi', membername = 'Darnell' - click on 'show as posts'.

oh that's great! I'd love to read more of your post. Let me try abt the advanced search tool..

Timeline

My fiance had his interview at the end of January and our case is under Administrative Processing ever since. Still no word yet.

wow, that's a long time. today i called an immigration lawyer and she said it usually takes abt 2 to 3 months for AP, think you will hear abt teh visa anytime since now. May I ask what's the reason for your finace's AP?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yemen
Timeline

wow, that's a long time. today i called an immigration lawyer and she said it usually takes abt 2 to 3 months for AP, think you will hear abt teh visa anytime since now. May I ask what's the reason for your finace's AP?

Well at the interview they gave him a white sheet called 221g. He needed to bring in proof I was living in the U.S. Even though they had copies of my voter registration card and tax returns. The officer requested proof that my parents own their home (I live with my parents). We mailed it to the embassy and we then received a letter in the mail that they have received that document and to just wait until they contact us. I called the DOS and they said our case is under AP. So I do not know what they are doing now. USCIS initially received our very first paperwork back in Oct 2010 (The 1st step to this long tedious process). It was approved in Apr 2011 and sent to U.S. Embassy. Interview was Jan 2012. I can't take it anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.