9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are about to send in our AOS package, but I am confused about this: USCIS took the whole envelope which had his medical exam (with shot record) in it, so how do we include this in the package if we don't have it? Thanks, everyone, for your kind help!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

We are about to send in our AOS package, but I am confused about this: USCIS took the whole envelope which had his medical exam (with shot record) in it, so how do we include this in the package if we don't have it? Thanks, everyone, for your kind help!

You need to get a copy of the vaccination record from whatever doctor administered them or prepared your vaccination record overseas. Then, take them and Form I-693 to a civil surgeon to have the surgeon fill out the part related to the vaccinations (and administer other vaccinations if you are missing any). You do not need another medical examination if you submit the AOS package within a year of the overseas examination.

Edited by grrrrreat

Timeline

You need to get a copy of the vaccination record from whatever doctor administered them or prepared your vaccination record overseas. Then, take them and Form I-693 to a civil surgeon to have the surgeon fill out the part related to the vaccinations (and administer other vaccinations if you are missing any). You do not need another medical examination if you submit the AOS package within a year of the overseas examination.

Thank you very much! My husband just handed me his shot record :bonk:, so he does have it ready to bring to the civil surgeon. We are good to go!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you very much! My husband just handed me his shot record :bonk:, so he does have it ready to bring to the civil surgeon. We are good to go!

if his shots are complete then he doesn't need to see a CS. He needs to only send a copy of his DS-3025.

This is not always required. If the shots are completed at the K1 medical (as mine and many others were/are) then there is no need to see a CS. You need only submit a copy of the DS-3025 (that's the vaccination form from the K1 medical) with their AOS application.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

if his shots are complete then he doesn't need to see a CS. He needs to only send a copy of his DS-3025.

This is not always required. If the shots are completed at the K1 medical (as mine and many others were/are) then there is no need to see a CS. You need only submit a copy of the DS-3025 (that's the vaccination form from the K1 medical) with their AOS application.

Vanessa - Is it the space that says Completed Series and you are supposed to have a check mark there - Write VH if Varicella History - that has to be marked in order for it to be complete?

It also says Vaccine History Incomplete on the bottom, so I assume he needs a series of shots, even though he had these shots when he was a child.

The only spaces he has marked are the one that says Vaccine Given by Panel Physician and the one that says not age appropriate. He has the DTaP, IPV, MMR and Varicella that are marked with a dateNone are checked in that space that says Completed Series.

Thanks for your help, Vanessa!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

Vanessa - Is it the space that says Completed Series and you are supposed to have a check mark there - Write VH if Varicella History - that has to be marked in order for it to be complete?

It also says Vaccine History Incomplete on the bottom, so I assume he needs a series of shots, even though he had these shots when he was a child.

The only spaces he has marked are the one that says Vaccine Given by Panel Physician and the one that says not age appropriate. He has the DTaP, IPV, MMR and Varicella that are marked with a dateNone are checked in that space that says Completed Series.

Thanks for your help, Vanessa!

No the "complete" doesn't need to be checked. Don't worry about that. He needs to have been complete at the time of the K1 medical... if that means he's missing shots in the series NOW that's fine as long as at the medical he was good to go. From what you said he has it sounds like he might be good.

You have 2 choices: 1. See a CS now or 2. Send it as is and IF you get an RFE see a CS then.

I personally would go with option 2 as USCIS has changed the I-693 instructions and the way they're written MANY CS's are refusing to sign the vaccination transcription only and are forcing people to get (and pay for) tests they don't need including in some cases an entirely new medical.

An RFE is not the end of the world it can just slow you don't a little. I personally would send it with just a copy of the DS-3025, and look into CS's just in case you get an RFE (so you know where to go instead of looking around in a panic). Also, just because it might say RFE online doesn't mean it will be for your medical so until yo uget the paper in your hand do not waste time with the CS. People get RFE'd for missing signatures, signatures in the wrong spot, I-864 errors, low income... lots of different things.

Anyway up to you :)

p.s. i should mention the other option of calling CS's to see what they're going to charge. If you can get it done for under $50 you could just get it done (I did) but it's a bit of a risk as some people have found over the phone the CS seems to know what they're doing but in person they're forced into all these tests and extra money.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Thanks, Vanessa. I think I will go with the second idea as well, and just send it in.

I called the office of two supposed civil surgeons, and their receptionist told me they just started in December and only do people who are 'fresh' meaning they need full physical or people with a sealed envelope. That made me a bit shaky, as she also said "what's that?" when I asked if they were civil surgeons initially in the conversation. I was too late today in calling the third one in the area, but will call just to see what they say.

Many people here are lucky that you have taken on VJ as your hobby :)

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Does the doctor my fiance saw in his country need to fill out the DS-3025 and sign it? He is not here yet, but went for his medical in March of this year and does have a completed medical package the doctor gave him and and one for the embassy he already turned in at his interview.

Timeline

Does the doctor my fiance saw in his country need to fill out the DS-3025 and sign it? He is not here yet, but went for his medical in March of this year and does have a completed medical package the doctor gave him and and one for the embassy he already turned in at his interview.

Some countries don't get the shots because they're not required for the K1 visa, they can just be a country requirement. Mexico for example doesn't do ANY shots at all or write on the Ds-3025. The UK doesn't have the varicella shot so if you've never had chicken pox your DS-3025 won't be complete.

If he's from a country where the shots ARE required then yes the doctor is supposed to give him a copy of the completed DS-3025. I suggest you check with people from his country who will know for sure what his country gives.

There are many things that are country dependent so once you get the K1 visa stage it's best to double-check what each individual country requires.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.